Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bible 2.0

Blog Entries

Bible 2.0

I was listening to Duncan Trussell (comedian/podcaster) and he had the great idea of taking the Bible and using find/replace in Word to create a new version.

Basically what he did (as I did) was to substitute the words:

God = the Programmer
    Word = Code
    Light = upgrade
    World = simulation
    Overcome = download

Here is an example of what happens when you do this to the Gospel of John that tells the story of how God sent Jesus to mankind to die for our sins. Read in this "new" way this story makes a lot more sense...
    Book of John

In the beginning was the Code, and the Code was with the Programmer, and the Code was the Programmer. He was with the Programmer in the beginning. Through him all things were programmed; without him nothing was programmed that has been programmed. In him was life, and that life was the upgrade of all mankind. The upgrade shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not downloaded it.

There was an upgrade sent from the Programmer whose name was 2.0. He came as an upgrade to testify concerning that upgrade, so that through him all might be upgraded. He himself was not the true upgrade; he came only as a witness to the upgrade.

The true upgrade that gives upgrade to everyone was coming into the simulation. He was in the simulation, and though the simulation was programmed through him, the simulation did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of the Programmer – children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of the Programmer.
    * if you do this yourself I recommend using a version of the Bible written in modern language as the words used to substitute are modern themselves and it just flows better

Last edited by Awani; 08-09-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Another from Genesis:

In the beginning the Programmer created the simulation. Now the simulation was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of the Programmer was hovering over the simulation.

And the Programmer said, “Let there be upgrade,” and there was upgrade. The Programmer saw that the upgrade was good, and he separated the upgrade from the downgrade. The Programmer called the upgrade “reality,” and the downgrade he called “esc.” And there was reality, and there was morning - the first day.

(then it is pretty straight-forward about how every part of the simulation is created so no need to quote all that)

Then the Programmer said, “Let us make avatars in my own image, in my likeness, so that they may rule over the mobs in the sea and the mobs in the sky, over the all the wild mobs, and over all the mobs that move along the ground.”

So the Programmer created avatars in his own image, in the image of the Programmer he created them; male and female he created them. The Programmer blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the simulation and subdue it. Rule over the mobs in the sea and the mobs in the sky and over every living mob that moves around in the sandbox simulation.”

Etc.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I really like this. Very clever.

I like to do this myself sometimes. Although I change the words via intuition to what I feel sounds right.

I have done one that I would like to share actually. I will try and dig it out tomorrow if I can find it.
    Distill fact from theory, fixate on inferences drawn.
    Upon which points does the mystery turn?
    "What's the matter?", one asks.
    "The universe is mental!", one replies.
    Know The Self.

But now, this is what the Lord says—
    he who created you, Jacob,
    he who formed you, Israel:
    “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
    When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
    and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
    When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.
    For I am the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

I believe it is a text about someone talking to themselves/higher self/the logos. And I liked to change it as such.

I change Jacob to evolution due to Jacobs ladder.

I change Israel to Isis-Ra-El for obvious reasons.

I see Isis-Ra-El as (Knowledge/Wisdom, Light/Truth, Divinity)

The other reason for my swaps are relatively straightforward, I think?

I know I have changed a lot more than you. And I am not saying this is the truth. Just something I have done in the past and enjoyed, and thought people might be interested. At the end of the day, we all get different messages from these things. I think that is the whole point. We all hold a piece of the puzzle as I heard someone say the other day.

But now, this is what the Law and Order says -
    Evolution created you,
    Evolution formed you, by Isis-Ra-El (Knowledge/Wisdom, Light/Truth, Divinity) -
    "Do not fear for I have redeemed you;
    I call you 'name'; you are mine.
    Go deep into meditation,
    I will be with you;
    When you go deep into meditation,
    You will not be easily swayed,
    When you reenter the chaos,
    You will not be effected;
    The chaos will not effect you.
    For I am the Law and Order your God,
    The whole of Is-Ra-El, your Saviour;

P.s. I often swap "by 'name'" to a secret name I have created. I am attempting to train my brain to address me by this name. So that I know when it is talking to me, and when I am talking to it. If that makes sense?
    Last edited by Loki Morningstar; 08-11-2016 at 03:50 PM.
    Distill fact from theory, fixate on inferences drawn.
    Upon which points does the mystery turn?
    "What's the matter?", one asks.
    "The universe is mental!", one replies.
    Know The Self.

+ Reply to Thread