Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Dry Path (Ars Brevis)

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    The idea that Canseliet was the WHOLE of Fulcanelli does not make sense to me. Fulcanelli was either his teacher or a "collective person" (several writers, probably 3, writing as one... with one of them being Canseliet).
    I didnt say that Canselliet was the author if the books. I said that Cansellier knew the identity of the persons who wrote under the pseudonym of Fulcanelli, and as he later chose to follow Philalethes and not those authots for practical work, he must also knew that they werent accomplished alchemists and didnt possess the stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellin Hermetist View Post
    I didnt say that Canselliet was the author if the books. I said that Cansellier knew the identity of the persons who wrote under the pseudonym of Fulcanelli, and as he later chose to follow Philalethes and not those authots for practical work, he must also knew that they werent accomplished alchemists and didnt possess the stone.
    I have not read everything that Canseliet ever wrote, but from what I have read of his works, it seems like he did not exactly try to follow "Philalethes" either. Canseliet gives the impression of wanting to follow that strange idea that the Stone can be made by "dry" operations carried out in crucibles pretty much from beginning to end. This is certainly not what Philalethes/Starkey claimed, who also worked with retorts and flasks (they are needed for the amalgam operations he dealt with), but those that derive from the statements of the brassfounder of Helvetius' account.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings View Post
    Terms like "Flick of the Wrist" are highly obscure and cannot be interpreted easily.

So, in such a situation one must go back to basics.

The key problem in Alchemy IMO stems from a lack of understanding of Nature. Adepts were well aware of this shortcoming. To solve this problem, they always demonstrated the long path where you work with common gold at some point. Contrary to popular opinion where the writing of the long path was attributed to the malicious intentions of the adepts, their intention was to show the possibilities of the nature, her workings so that once understood their discpiles or readers will have no problem in Alchemy. The trouble arose when adepts started writing in extremely perverted ways. Should you encounter such treatises, set them aside and move on to some other treatise.

If you are able to understand the path properly and is able to explain away everything related to the same without issue, you will have no problem deciphering other paths or terms that the adepts are using. In fact, the entire Alchemy lays open the moment you are able to understand the long path.
    So, Dwellings, what is your interpretation of the meaning of "Flick of the Wrist"? Where are you going with these posts?

So, Dwellings, what is your interpretation of the meaning of "Flick of the Wrist"?
    If you figured out the ingredient(s) and realized the laws at stake. You do not need to be told what it is.

Where are you going with these posts?
    ???
    Last edited by Dwellings; 08-26-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Mod Request

The thread from page 2 has veered off course and the information presented there needs a thread of its own IMO.

If you could move those posts to another spin off thread. The flow would be restored to this thread.

The relevant post after page 1 is only from Illen to which I have replied ie on page 5.

You may delete this post at your discretion.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    The thread from page 2 has veered off course and the information presented there needs a thread of its own IMO.

If you could move those posts to another spin off thread. The flow would be restored to this thread.

The relevant post after page 1 is only from Illen to which I have replied ie on page 5.

You may delete this post at your discretion.

Thanks.
    Such suggestions are better sent in PM to one of the mods.

Sometimes a thread can take a life of its own, and you can also moderate it yourself by politely asking people to stay on topic, if you feel some posts have strayed too much from the OT as to be of any relevance.
    Last edited by Andro; 08-26-2016 at 06:47 PM.

If you figured out the ingredient(s) and realized the laws at stake. You do not need to be told what it is.
    If we were mind readers and already knew what ingredients YOU were thinking of, we would also have no need for your previous messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    If we were mind readers and already knew what ingredients YOU were thinking of, we would also have no need for your previous messages.
    [Phoenix,Eagle]/[Mirror,Lemon] Are the ingredient(s) now clear?

The post that you quoted of mine regarding the "Flick of the Wrist" was deliberately written by me. To be frank, I had other intentions though in perfect agreement with the thread than the one that a reader takes from it at the first glance.

I know that I am vague, that too intentionally but if you or anyone can point out to me through examples or otherwise how to reveal as much as is permitted in an easier format it would be nice.
    Last edited by Dwellings; 08-26-2016 at 07:03 PM.

[Phoenix,Eagle]/[Mirror,Lemon] Are the ingredient(s) now clear?

The post that you quoted of mine regarding the "Flick of the Wrist" was deliberately written by me. To be frank, I had other intentions with it than the one that a reader takes from it at the first glance.

I know that I am vague, that too intentionally but if you or anyone can point out to me through examples or otherwise how to reveal as much as is permitted in an easier format it would be nice.
    In time - I hope to do just that. But until I actually MAKE the Stone and test it, I have no right making up riddles. There are already too many confusing riddles in the thousands of texts written about the Stone. What we desperately need more than anything is more openness and clarity.

Blog Entries
    In Indian culture betel leaves and betel nuts have their own significance which will be obvious to any who look at the photos of the same.

Those nuts seem indicative of the Marcasite/Pyrite family. Former forum member LeoRetilus discussed them extensively at some point, I believe.

If memory serves, Glauber even has a dedicated process with Marcasite nodules as attractive to vital humidity...

For anyone interested, just enter glauber marcasite in the forum's Google search bar.
    Last edited by Andro; 09-30-2016 at 06:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread