Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Dry Path (Ars Brevis)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Those nuts seem indicative of the Marcasite/Pyrite family.
    This also seems to correspond to Fulcanelli's infamous 'cat whiskers'

This also seems to correspond to Fulcanelli's infamous 'cat whiskers'
    .... which were used to indicate the letter "X".

Blog Entries
    It's also common in Indian Alchemy/Medicine to take some matter(s), wrap them (airtight) in clay and cook them for periods of time. This ties in with Fulcanelli's mention of clay as well.

Theory: Crushed Marcasite Ore (possibly already 'prepared'/extra magnetized/opened) + possibly some Spirit-magnetic matter/salt, all wrapped in airtight fireproof clay, Fire/Secret Fire/Mars introduced directly into the heart of the crucible instead of just exposing the vessel directly to high temperatures.

However, at this time, I am only speculating/theorizing (just like Dwellings), because I have not experimented with this path and honestly I have no significant personal interest in it.

Blog Entries
    Addendum:

There is also a 'long' path with Marcasite, with which I am just a bit more familiar (from a friend's work), involving gradual/progressive 'opening' and 'magnetization' of the matter via cycles of 'Solve & Coagula' (which is a general/universal principle of opening & magnetizing matter).

Eventually, the decanted liquid, when evaporated, leaves behind the same radial pattern ('Cat Whiskers') as the original ore.

But this is off-topic, since this thread is dealing with the 'Short Way'.

It's also common in Indian Alchemy/Medicine to take some matter(s), wrap them (airtight) in clay and cook them for periods of time. This ties in with Fulcanelli's mention of clay as well.

Theory: Crushed Marcasite Ore (possibly already 'prepared'/extra magnetized/opened) + possibly some Spirit-magnetic matter/salt, all wrapped in airtight fireproof clay, Fire/Secret Fire/Mars introduced directly into the heart of the crucible instead of just exposing the vessel directly to high temperatures.

However, at this time, I am only speculating/theorizing (just like Dwellings), because I have not experimented with this path and honestly I have no significant personal interest in it.
    Ars Brevis is a dry path so high temps are a must. You have not factored it. Also no mention of flick of the wrist.

Addendum:

There is also a 'long' path with Marcasite, with which I am just a bit more familiar (from a friend's work), involving gradual/progressive 'opening' and 'magnetization' of the matter via cycles of 'Solve & Coagula' (which is a general/universal principle of opening & magnetizing matter).

Eventually, the decanted liquid, when evaporated, leaves behind the same radial pattern ('Cat Whiskers') as the original ore.

But this is off-topic, since this thread is dealing with the 'Short Way'.
    Did he/she participated in violent battle before proceeding further? If so can you tell me how it went.

'Cat Whiskers' that mention in this post were green in color and there were a lot of strands crossing each other, was that the case?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings View Post
    Did he/she participated in violent battle before proceeding further? If so can you tell me how it went.
    This was just the preparation of the subject. Remember, I said this was a long path with marcasite.

'Cat Whiskers' that mention in this post were green in color and there were a lot of strands crossing each other, was that the case?
    Dark green when completely dried, light green when still in solution. Whitish salt covering in the end as well, very interesting.

I don't recall seeing the 'strands' crossing each other at the end of the preparation/magnetization, but there were some mid-process patterns that were crossing.

The short path requires very high furnace temperatures, and a resulting explosive reaction between the dragon and the knight. Because of this violent explosive reaction when a certain salt is added incrementally, one must hold the lid of the crucible down with all his/her weight. All the salt cannot be added at once, or you may experience the explosion of your laboratory, serious injury and possible death. Thus it is added in increments. When each reaction is complete, and before adding more salt, one hand twists the lid open while the other quickly adds the salt. Then the hand holding the lid twists it back closed very quickly, and pressure is again applied to the lid to avoid injury and assist in the process.

This is the likely meaning of "flick of the wrist".

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    The short path requires very high furnace temperatures, and a resulting explosive reaction between the dragon and the knight. Because of this violent explosive reaction when a certain salt is added incrementally, one must hold the lid of the crucible down with all his/her weight. All the salt cannot be added at once, or you may experience the explosion of your laboratory, serious injury and possible death. Thus it is added in increments. When each reaction is complete, and before adding more salt, one hand twists the lid open while the other quickly adds the salt. Then the hand holding the lid twists it back closed very quickly, and pressure is again applied to the lid to avoid injury and assist in the process.

This is the likely meaning of "flick of the wrist".
    Sorry for delay in replying, was busy.

How can you keep your hand on the crucible when it is at 1000 degrees. Its impossible.

In the long path, you must provoke the dragon and slay him face to face, you are thinking about that.

In Ars Brevis, you must kill him with cunning, so putting hands on the crucibles is impossible.

Why was Fulcanelli so confident that in Ars Brevis, you will discover the flick of the wrist post explosion, ponder over it. You will have the answer.

Read Basil Valentine, he most clear in the concepts regarding this.

This was just the preparation of the subject. Remember, I said this was a long path with marcasite.

Dark green when completely dried, light green when still in solution. Whitish salt covering in the end as well, very interesting.

I don't recall seeing the 'strands' crossing each other at the end of the preparation/magnetization, but there were some mid-process patterns that were crossing.
    Sorry for delay in replying, was busy.

Thanks.

How can you keep your hand on the crucible when it is at 1000 degrees. Its impossible.
    Simple - you use oven gloves and/or tongs.

+ Reply to Thread