Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Dry Path (Ars Brevis)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    a resulting explosive reaction between the dragon and the knight.
    Another means or 'cheat' to open/elevate/spiritualize/magnetize fixed matter is DETONATION. This is also hinted at in 'Elixir Proprietatis', in the context of 'Salt Volatilization'.

Gunpowder, anyone?

Because of this violent explosive reaction when a certain salt is added incrementally, one must hold the lid of the crucible down with all his/her weight. All the salt cannot be added at once, or you may experience the explosion of your laboratory, serious injury and possible death. Thus it is added in increments. When each reaction is complete, and before adding more salt, one hand twists the lid open while the other quickly adds the salt. Then the hand holding the lid twists it back closed very quickly, and pressure is again applied to the lid to avoid injury and assist in the process.

This is the likely meaning of "flick of the wrist".
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings View Post
    How can you keep your hand on the crucible when it is at 1000 degrees. Its impossible.
    Simple - you use oven gloves and/or tongs.
    Let's analyze this suggested scenario...

You suggest for us to add some kind of salt to something that makes some kind of big explosive reaction. This explosive reaction is so violent that, according to you, it is literally going to blow the lid off the crucible. So what do you suggest? You suggest adding this salt that causes an explosion to your crucible by really quickly taking off the lid, throwing some of this salt in the crucible, frantically trying to cover it up again before this explosive reaction occur, then you suggest putting all your weight on top of the crucible so the lid doesn't fly off.

That is what you suggest...Have you ever done any of this before, Illen?

Do you think this makes much sense? Is one able to add this salt quickly enough, so soon before this explosion occurs, that he is able to grab the lid and put it back on? Is the explosion not big enough to explode the crucible but big enough that your body weight is needed to hold the crucible lid on? Why are you working with crucibles (or high heat even) in the first place? We all know that no high heat is used in our Work until the end when we are nearing Fixation.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Let's analyze this suggested scenario...

You suggest for us to add some kind of salt to something that makes some kind of big explosive reaction. This explosive reaction is so violent that, according to you, it is literally going to blow the lid off the crucible. So what do you suggest? You suggest adding this salt that causes an explosion to your crucible by really quickly taking off the lid, throwing some of this salt in the crucible, frantically trying to cover it up again before this explosive reaction occur, then you suggest putting all your weight on top of the crucible so the lid doesn't fly off.

That is what you suggest...Have you ever done any of this before, Illen?

Do you think this makes much sense? Is one able to add this salt quickly enough, so soon before this explosion occurs, that he is able to grab the lid and put it back on? Is the explosion not big enough to explode the crucible but big enough that your body weight is needed to hold the crucible lid on? Why are you working with crucibles (or high heat even) in the first place? We all know that no high heat is used in our Work until the end when we are nearing Fixation.
    Whether or not I think it makes sense, the technique is not some fancy invention made by me or a fancy way to explain the "trick of the wrist". It doesn't come from me or any of my assumptions, but directly from the writings of either Fulcanelli or his Master (Pierre Dujols), or at the very least, a close partner (a lot has already been written on this which I won't go into here). The text suggests exactly what I said - it's up to you to interpret what it means and how to do it safely.

The text states:

"When the temperature is reached, which can be recognized by the torrent of white and poisonous smoke which escapes from the crucible, using tongs, seize the lid of the crucible with the left hand, quickly throw in a parcel of saltpetre weighing approximately from 10 to 12 grams, and cover the crucible with the lid which is held down with two hands. Buzzing noises can be heard, followed soon by internal explosions, of a muffled noise, then clearly and rapidly, like those of an automobile engine; sometimes the force developed is so great that all your energy is needed, and all your weight on the lid to maintain it".

How he holds it down with his 'hands' is beyond me, but so the Master says. I merely offered a suggestion that either tongs or special furnace mitts must have been used. Or even some other insulating device/material.
    Last edited by Illen A. Cluf; 10-28-2016 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    How he holds it down with his 'hands' is beyond me, but so the Master says. I merely offered a suggestion that either tongs or special furnace mitts must have been used. Or even some other insulating device/material.
    If it was me doing the work, I would make sure I had a full body suit

https://youtu.be/AGQLXFlLD20

Here is a link to the "detonation" of antimony (you might have to rewind to view the whole video). It's really not that powerful of an explosion. I'm assuming the only reason you would want to cover the crucible is so that the volatile parts don't escape so much.

In the last few seconds of the video you can catch the gold, silver and black bits. I'd put my dollars on the black bits.
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 10-29-2016 at 02:45 AM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    If it was me doing the work, I would make sure I had a full body suit

https://youtu.be/AGQLXFlLD20

Here is a link to the "detonation" of antimony (you might have to rewind to view the whole video). It's really not that powerful of an explosion. I'm assuming the only reason you would want to cover the crucible is so that the volatile parts don't escape so much.

In the last few seconds of the video you can catch the gold, silver and black bits. I'd put my dollars on the black bits.
    I've done a detonation with the same person in the video. The explosion is much more powerful when the lid is on.

Blog Entries
    Curious that I picked that random video then! Ha..

I can imagine it would be. Reduce the space to increase the force.

I'm curious if there are crucibles or techniques which would allow for a delayed reaction, so that the operator could seal the lid with clamps before the detonation...

Wax?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Curious that I picked that random video then! Ha..

I can imagine it would be. Reduce the space to increase the force.

I'm curious if there are crucibles or techniques which would allow for a delayed reaction, so that the operator could seal the lid with clamps before the detonation...

Wax?
    Yes, that was quite an amazing coincidence! I'm not sure if such a crucible could be easily designed, since the detonation happens quite soon after the nitre is added. Perhaps a hinged lid with a locking mechanism would work.

Illen, I can assure you that nothing will be used. Once all is set, either you will reach the stone or the crucible will explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings View Post
    Illen, I can assure you that nothing will be used. Once all is set, either you will reach the stone or the crucible will explode.
    What do you mean by "nothing wil be used"?

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if such a crucible could be easily designed, since the detonation happens quite soon after the nitre is added. Perhaps a hinged lid with a locking mechanism would work.
    The reaction occurs on account of the temperature being high enough, correct? Why not add everything together, close and seal the crucible, then increase the temp until combistion?

I'm guessing an appropriately sturdy crucible would be necessary.

+ Reply to Thread