Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Alchemical Symbolism in Politics

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,550
    Blog Entries
    1

    Alchemical Symbolism in Politics

    You will absolutely have to bypass the emotional bias (stemming from the traumatic historical context) to comprehend the following analogy:

    It is well known that the ruling party in Germany during WW2 was not lacking in occult foundations.

    One of their main slogans was:

    One People - One State - One Leader

    Or in German:

    Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Führer

    It's impossible not to notice the striking similarity to:

    One Matter - One Vessel - One Fire

    The People/Volk are the Matter, the State/Reich is the Vessel and the Leader/Führer is the Fire.
    ________________________________________

    Now before anyone gets offended, make sure you understand that I am talking exclusively about the Alchemical implications of this analogy, and NOT about the horrifying historical events generated by the dark and monstruous abuse/misuse of this occult power.

    I do not, have not and will not support/endorse any ideology (political or otherwise) based on the aforementioned slogan and the movement that created it.
    The aforementioned slogan is only to be taken as an Alchemical allegory and nothing more.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    103
    With respect:

    All did start deep down in the secrets of knowlege, with a plan for transformation.

    Secrets can be used both ways, lost in the matter or diving up.

    When I rest in my armchair, going the lunar way, moving in the 28th path of
    the Qabalah, where Lucifer is the guide, I get an better understanding.
    Last edited by Joy; 04-09-2010 at 09:03 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,348

    Alchemical Symbolism in Politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    You will absolutely have to bypass the emotional bias (stemming from the traumatic historical context) to comprehend the following analogy:

    It is well known that the ruling party in Germany during WW2 was not lacking in occult foundations.

    One of their main slogans was:

    One People - One State - One Leader

    Or in German:

    Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Führer

    It's impossible not to notice the striking similarity to:

    One Matter - One Vessel - One Fire

    The People/Volk are the Matter, the State/Reich is the Vessel and the Leader/Führer is the Fire.
    ________________________________________

    Now before anyone gets offended, make sure you understand that I am talking exclusively about the Alchemical implications of this analogy, and NOT about the horrifying historical events generated by the dark and monstruous abuse/misuse of this occult power.

    I do not, have not and will not support/endorse any ideology (political or otherwise) based on the aforementioned slogan and the movement that created it.
    The aforementioned slogan is only to be taken as an Alchemical allegory and nothing more.
    I didn't know if it was better to be off topic here or in the spagyrics thread!

    The 1-1-1 of Hitler:

    Most of the symbolism of Nazism was taken from late XIX manifestations of Rosicrucian orders (symbolism and not ideology).
    No, I have not interviewed Hitler... but such thing is obvious for anyone who know them and sees the Nazi symbolism.

    The triple 1 is related to the spelling of the Hebrew letter Aleph (A L P or 1 + 30 + 80 = 111).
    The Aleph is used as the Swastika... The Swastika is also used as a sign of Isis.


    (See "Isis Mourning")

    Isis is also in correspondence with the Aurora (Lucifer)
    The 1-1-1 is also used to decipher the meaning of the Mountain of Abiegnus by three variations of the word that have 3 meanings... They are VERY related to the 3 ideas of the Nazi propaganda... and, if you take them out of context, they sound incredibly racist.

    Last, but not least, all these symbols united (all of them related to the 111 or 1-1-1) represent the idea of a "triumph in the past", then a "defeat" and finally the return of a "triumph", but bigger.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    I didn't know if it was better to be off topic here or in the spagyrics thread!

    The 1-1-1 of Hitler:

    Most of the symbolism of Nazism was taken from late XIX manifestations of Rosicrucian orders (symbolism and not ideology).
    No, I have not interviewed Hitler... but such thing is obvious for anyone who know them and sees the Nazi symbolism.

    The triple 1 is related to the spelling of the Hebrew letter Aleph (A L P or 1 + 30 + 80 = 111).
    The Aleph is used as the Swastika... The Swastika is also used as a sign of Isis.


    (See "Isis Mourning")

    Isis is also in correspondence with the Aurora (Lucifer)
    The 1-1-1 is also used to decipher the meaning of the Mountain of Abiegnus by three variations of the word that have 3 meanings... They are VERY related to the 3 ideas of the Nazi propaganda... and, if you take them out of context, they sound incredibly racist.

    Last, but not least, all these symbols united (all of them related to the 111 or 1-1-1) represent the idea of a "triumph in the past", then a "defeat" and finally the return of a "triumph", but bigger.
    Great stuff here zoas23. I get it! Mt. Abiegnus represents our sublimed spirit doesn't it?
    Last, but not least, all these symbols united (all of them related to the 111 or 1-1-1) represent the idea of a "triumph in the past", then a "defeat" and finally the return of a "triumph", but bigger.
    Doesn't this sound like the life of Christ? What do you think? Isn't it all symbolic of the Work?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasm View Post
    Great stuff here zoas23. I get it! Mt. Abiegnus represents our sublimed spirit doesn't it?

    Doesn't this sound like the life of Christ? What do you think? Isn't it all symbolic of the Work?
    By the way, I'm not in the least bit religious, that is , unless alchemy can be called a religion. Is not Isis Diana or the moon?
    When Isis is mourning, are her tears not dripping down our flask...cleansing, calcining, opening, putrefying?
    Manly P Hall teaches that these myriad ways of allegory and metaphorical correspondences are in fact what he calls Acroamatic Cyphers. Taken as such, I see nothing offensive, at all, in pointing out the correlation with the socialist party in the 30's-40's Germany.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasm View Post
    Great stuff here zoas23. I get it! Mt. Abiegnus represents our sublimed spirit doesn't it?

    Doesn't this sound like the life of Christ? What do you think? Isn't it all symbolic of the Work?
    The Mount Abiegnus represents:
    -The sublimated spirit of the Adept*.
    -The meeting place of the Adepts.
    -The work from beginning to end (i.e, not the final product, but the whole of the work)

    *.Take this word as a GRADE... which is probably more sane than taking it as an ontological condition... And understand that the grades are symbolical (anyone who gives them an extraordinary importance is an ass -as to use a classical metaphor by Apuleius).

    The word Abiegnus is also what Chasm mentioned as an "Acroamatic Cypher" which has 3 meanings:
    - Jesus
    - Son of God*
    - The RACE of the Adepts and the promise to keep the RACE alive*

    * This is a symbol... The grades can be 3, 7, 12, 33, etc... but the REAL ones are often 3 (even if these 3 real grades can be divided in several phases): son of the Earth, son of Man and son of God.

    * This is another symbol, under the word Abiegnus the adepts promise to keep the RACE of the adepts alive... it is odd that the word "race" has been chosen, but it's the word that it is used. In a literal way, it simply means not letting the tradition die... there is absolutely nothing racist about it (i.e, the genetical race of the adept does not matter at all). However, if you take the idea out of context, it really sounds like something conceived by Hitler.

    That's why I think that the origin of "one leader (Jesus), one state (sons of God) and one people (the race of the adepts)" comes from XIX century Rosicrucian orders, which were taken out of context.


    As for the idea that it sounds like the life of Christ... yes, it sounds like the life of Christ under the symbolism of Osiris... and that's 100% intentional.

    And the idea that it is symbolic of the work, that's intentional too... and very explicit.
    The general idea is coded under the word LVX... As I've shown in the symbols of the previous post.
    L = the mourning of Isis (the Prima Materia)
    V = Typhon and Apophis (the secret fire)
    X = Osiris slain and risen

    BUT "LVX" (light) is also a key word for Lucifer / Venus / Isis / Diana... So she is the beginning, the middle and the end of the work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chasm View Post
    By the way, I'm not in the least bit religious, that is , unless alchemy can be called a religion. Is not Isis Diana or the moon?
    When Isis is mourning, are her tears not dripping down our flask...cleansing, calcining, opening, putrefying?
    Yes!
    The word "Religious" doesn't make much sense in this context... it's a symbol. Isis, Diana... a symbol. As Austin Spare used to say: "Believe symbolically or with caution".

    The idea of Diana is perfect.
    The idea of Isis has a triple correspondence: Stars, Venus and Moon (and sometimes Earth too).

    ... Other than that, it's obvious for me that the structure and symbols of the Nazi party were taken from XIX Rosicrucian Orders... but completely taken out of context and in a perverse way (i.e, something identical happened with the Ku Klux Klan and Freemasonry... it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the external symbols of the KKK come from Freemasonry... and yet the point of Freemasonry has nothing to do with lynching black persons and becoming a racist redneck).

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    ... Other than that, it's obvious for me that the structure and symbols of the Nazi party were taken from XIX Rosicrucian Orders... but completely taken out of context and in a perverse way (i.e, something identical happened with the Ku Klux Klan and Freemasonry... it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the external symbols of the KKK come from Freemasonry... and yet the point of Freemasonry has nothing to do with lynching black persons and becoming a racist redneck).
    I totally agree with you. I believe ALL of the old texts and scriptures are taken out of context. It's a shame!
    I've read that even the high initiates of freemasonry are practicing out of context to the actual literature of their order.

    I'm not German and I'm not white, however, I'm still sitting high on the fence where Hitler was concerned. I don't mean any offence to anyone but, I find it hard to believe the historical accounts of 1930's to the fall of the Third Reich Germany.
    Contrary to what is taught in the texts, I believe that Germany, unbeknownst to the foreign populace, fought the good fight.

    I believe they fought against a corrupt banking establishment that invaded countries and took control through usury.
    Somewhere inside my thick head, I still believe that Hitler adopted the black star symbol situated within the white circle with red background ,to show those in the know, that he was initiated...aware. I believe that Churchill wanted him stopped at all cost not because he was dangerous per se, but because he was dangerous to the banking establishment.

    I'm sure many will disagree with me. Unfortunately, the surviving populace who lived through the era, are all aged and or lost. I've had the privilege of speaking to a few of these people. The story they tell is vastly different from the history books.

    Again no disrespect to anyone, but I think the symbolism speaks for itself.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasm View Post
    I totally agree with you. I believe ALL of the old texts and scriptures are taken out of context. It's a shame!
    I've read that even the high initiates of freemasonry are practicing out of context to the actual literature of their order.
    The times of Elias Ashmole were probably better in this regard.
    Though I don't think it makes any kind of sense to talk about "Freemasonry" as if it was ONE thing... since it became a name used to describe a wide diversity of practices... I like some of them and some others, I don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chasm View Post
    I'm not German and I'm not white, however, I'm still sitting high on the fence where Hitler was concerned. I don't mean any offence to anyone but, I find it hard to believe the historical accounts of 1930's to the fall of the Third Reich Germany.
    Contrary to what is taught in the texts, I believe that Germany, unbeknownst to the foreign populace, fought the good fight.
    Not really my favorite character... if someone needs to murder jews, gays, marxists, artists with avant-garde views, gypsies, masons... Then I can't call such thing a "good fight".

    I like the artist Austin Spare and there's a nice story regarding him and Hitler. The German ambassador in England had purchased a portrait of Austin Spare and sent it to Hitler, then Hitler was impressed and wrote a letter to Austin Spare requesting him to travel to Germany and portrait him. Austin Spare sent a portrait of himself as Hitler and wrote a note on the painting: “Only from negations can I wholesomely conceive you. For I know of no courage sufficient to stomach your aspirations and ultimates. If you are superman, let me be for ever animal.”


    "Self as Hitler" - Austin Osman Spare, 1936
    (A copy that Spare did later, since the original was lost/destroyed)

  9. #9
    Zoas23 wrote:
    Not really my favorite character... if someone needs to murder jews, gays, marxists, artists with avant-garde views, gypsies, masons... Then I can't call such thing a "good fight"
    I'd agree if satisfactory proof existed that all of these things were true. In fact, I held the same opinion as you, but opened up to considering an alternative view of history. It's not popular but that doesn't bother me. I know history is written by the victorious and until I'm ever privy to the actual historic data, then I'll continue to sit on the fence.
    I like the artist Austin Spare and there's a nice story regarding him and Hitler. The German ambassador in England had purchased a portrait of Austin Spare and sent it to Hitler, then Hitler was impressed and wrote a letter to Austin Spare requesting him to travel to Germany and portrait him. Austin Spare sent a portrait of himself as Hitler and wrote a note on the painting: “Only from negations can I wholesomely conceive you. For I know of no courage sufficient to stomach your aspirations and ultimates. If you are superman, let me be for ever animal.”
    I guess Austin Spare wasn't a fan of Hitler either, but he sure was a skilled artist

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasm View Post
    I'd agree if satisfactory proof existed that all of these things were true. In fact, I held the same opinion as you, but opened up to considering an alternative view of history. It's not popular but that doesn't bother me. I know history is written by the victorious and until I'm ever privy to the actual historic data, then I'll continue to sit on the fence.
    I won't get into that debate or things won't end up well.
    I knew very well one of the daughters of Himmler and his granddaughter... both of them extremely against any kind of racism or totalitarianism... and his daughter knew very well what his father did. I had the privilege of meeting them and talking to them (well, his granddaughter was one of my closest friends when I was a teen)... and I use the word "privilege" because with them I learnt that even a person who has been heavily indoctrinated to be racist and a potential murderer can end up being a non-racist person who rejects that indoctrination.

    Anyway, I simply hope that the future will make you reconsider your views.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chasm View Post
    I guess Austin Spare wasn't a fan of Hitler either, but he sure was a skilled artist
    Yeah, he didn't like Hitler at all... He was amazing as an artist.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts