Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Solar Path

The Solar Path

There´s an ancient way, maybe Rosicrucian, of trapping solar fire by the use of mirrors and lenses. It's described in a small text called Artifice V, and attributed to Francesco Lana de Terzi. It represents a way to concentrate SM through sunlight. I've been experiencing about it for a while, but I'm looking for more information. Does anyone know anything about it?

-----------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 09-01-2016 at 06:42 PM. Reason: PicFix

This is not in answer to your original post, but it got me thinking.

If you had a perfectly silvered glass ball with one patch where you could place a light source with a reflective
    backing, once the light is shining into the ball what happens to the photons, are they are constantly reflected?

Does the ball become saturated with photons, does the source keep emitting photons?

Just a thought.

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roburus View Post
    It's described in a small text called Artifice V, and attributed to Francesco Lana de Terzi.
    Maybe it would be helpful if you could post an English version of this text (if you have or can translate one), so others may have a better idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    This is not in answer to your original post, but it got me thinking.

If you had a perfectly silvered glass ball with one patch where you could place a light source with a reflective
    backing, once the light is shining into the ball what happens to the photons, are they are constantly reflected?

Does the ball become saturated with photons, does the source keep emitting photons?

Just a thought.

Ghislain
    The photons will interact with the electrons and be absorbed by the material; if it's strong enough, it may heat the "container", thereby releasing that energy as well.
    It's not contained in such an easy fashion.
    Luckily SM in a workable form isn't as bothersome to catch, and theoretically may piggy back with the initial source energy of such.
    But your results may vary.

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Ok here is another one...

When you stand between two mirrors at the right angle you see an infinite repeated reflection. We know that it is only reflected light that we see so are the repeated reflections being made by the same photons of light? If it is then it should get darker the deeper it goes as some of the photons get absorbed. Nevertheless there are numerous reflections and thus not all is absorbed immediately, therefore there must be a build up of photons in the ball as the source will always be emitting more...perhaps

In the case of the ball above the heat will be reflected too...like in a thermos.

If you place a mirror in the sun does it get hot...I'm not sure...I'll check that out.

Ghislain

Edit: I know white cars don't get hot...I have one.
    Last edited by Ghislain; 09-01-2016 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Ok here is another one...

When you stand between two mirrors at the right angle you see an infinite repeated reflection. We know that it is only reflected light that we see so are the repeated reflections being made by the same photons of light? If it is then it should get darker the deeper it goes as some of the photons get absorbed. Nevertheless there are numerous reflections and thus not all is absorbed immediately, therefore there must be a build up of photons in the ball as the source will always be emitting more...perhaps

In the case of the ball above the heat will be reflected too...like in a thermos.

If you place a mirror in the sun does it get hot...I'm not sure...I'll check that out.

Ghislain

Edit: I know white cars don't get hot...I have one.

Photons work as both particles and waves. Mirrors will bounce the photons back and forth. The image will degrade at a point, but depending on the quality of the mirror, it'll probably be past your perception of the reflections cause in the bounce. As long as their remains a source of light and the angle to bounce it, it'll bounce - but some percentage of it is interacting, refracting, and being absorbed by the mirrors, regardless of their quality. Even if that amount and process is beyond your immediate perception. The photons are not being housed, but used. Cut off the source and you'll see how quickly that energy is diffused and absorbed - it's speed is greater than your perception of it. Turn off the source, and find your containment equally "off".

You'll never capture light like that. However, with the right alchemical setup, you may can catch something OTHER than the light that may be riding that wave. Something that loves to manifest itself into matter with the right conditions met (your containment should meet those)
    But light itself - the photons, won't be housed by such.

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Blog Entries
    I like the idea of using the Sun -- or the 'electric fluid' -- in alchemical works.
    Though I think Seth-Ra has it right, that most people forget about creating a 'magnet state' to attract the SM.

Not sure whether or not you can do that with just the Sun alone. May need the magnetic fluid involved.

But that's my theory based on little practice with the Solar work.

(aside: very much like your new signature, Seth-Ra.)
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

I am sorry if it would appear that I have hijacked this thread, but I think it may be relevant to the OP
    as I can find no information about “Artifice V” in relation to Francesco Lana de Terzi and the trapping
    solar fire by the use of mirrors and lenses. So by discussion we may come to a conclusion ourselves.

Seth I agree with a lot of what you say and I am aware of the particle wave duality theory, this is
    explained in the two slit experiment, this brings us into the quantum theory side of things, but I fail
    to see its relevance here; it may have a very important relevance, but could be potentially beyond
    the level of this thread unless we have some quantum physicists here.

As for the speed of light (C =~ 300 million m/s) , I am aware of how fast this is as I used to work with
    computers; my computer’s processor works at 3.5 GHz, which is =~ 3.5 billion cycles per second and
    we can assume that electromagnetic radiation travels at =~ C giving the wavelength of C/3.5 e9/s =~
    0.086m. My point in mentioning this is that we do not see this length and thus we don’t use it when
    calculating how quickly our computers may send an email for example, even though it may be an
    important factor.

Please bear with me as this may get a bit boring. I once wrote a word processor program in which
    one of the routines was to place a letter onto the screen if an alpha numerical key was pressed. I
    wrote the routine to store the letter in memory, point to the next available byte in memory, move
    the cursor over one space after putting the letter on the screen and then wait for another key-press
    (via a keyboard scan routine) and then print the next letter. This would continue ad infinitum, until
    the user finished typing or the computer ran out of memory.

Can you imagine what happened when I pressed the letter “a” on the keyboard?

I didn’t take into account the speed of the computer, the screen immediately filled with the letter
    “a” and the computer crashed as the memory had been filled. The program routine did exactly what
    I told it to do, but much much quicker than I could ever have imagined.

Again to explain my point here, we still use computers irrelevant of their speed, we just have to get
    our minds to work in a different time scale. We have the same thing happening with the mirror
    reflections.

So returning to my example of the two mirrors, a reflection is the light reflecting from an object,
    therefore I see an object only by the light reflected from it. (hot bodies not included here)

Now we could call the mirrors A and B. Mirror A reflects the light from mirror B and thus I can see
    the reflection of mirror B in the light reflected from mirror A into my eyes (this will be very
    important later); we could call that reflection 1.

However mirror B now has the reflected light coming from Mirror A which is reflecting its own image
    that was reflected from mirror B in reflection 1...mirror B now has a reflection of mirror A with the
    reflected light from its own image within mirror A (reflection 2)...so on and so forth. The point is
    that, other than the first reflection, all other reflections must be from the same photons of previous
    reflections or there would only be the first image and no others.

The point of turning off the source and the images disappear instantly is not quite true, it is just that
    we cannot see the continuation of the reflection as they happen so fast and this is where the
    important part of my eyes comes in. The photons must be scattering for my eyes to detect some of
    them and thus there are some non reflective surfaces absorbing the photons. Again this is
    happening so quickly it is imperceptible to our awareness.

Even if we were to add a camera to the mirrored ball that would be a point of absorption for the
    photons and the light would diminish too quickly for us to see what was happening; a sort of catch
    22 situation.

Now if the photons are entering the ball and being reflected the reflected photons are still present
    when fresh photons are entered from the source, what has to be determined is how long can the
    reflected photons last before they are absorbed. It is kind of like a pressure cooker, if it leaks it
    cannot build up pressure – if the photons are absorbed they cannot amass, however we have to
    agree that at any one time there are more photons present in the ball than those that are being
    emitted from the source.

Material properties of the ball, frequency of the light, imperfections and such would all have to be taken into account.

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 09-02-2016 at 11:24 AM.

hi at all
    now i have V artificio lana terzi but (sorry)it is in latin italian and in one version spanish if some want i found in my old computer and i post it

my best regard alfr
    Last edited by alfr; 09-02-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Is it a pdf Alfr?

I would like to see it thank you.

Ghislain

+ Reply to Thread