Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: SCAM WARNING: Selling The Great Work

Blog Entries

SCAM WARNING: Selling The Great Work

Please read this thread and be aware that Rhoend tried to create multiple users (that so far have all been removed) in this forum, in order to promote himself. / dev

Spin-Off thread, continued from HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    The alchemist can manifest with a secret device.
    I'm curious - Are you by any chance referring to the device promoted by the person who is currently selling a book for 900 dollars, titled 'The Last Alchemical Treaty of Our Century' & who is promising buyers of the book to also send them a sample of the stone?

If yes, I must at least admit there are some decent Photoshop & SFX skills exhibited on that website...

Anyway, this whole narrative rings a distant bell...

1. I don't know if you are referring to the above mentioned 'secret device'. I just intuitively sensed a possible connection, which may be completely wrong.

2. It is also not my intention to discredit the person who sells that book or to negate the validity of its content (because I haven't read it), but there are (IMO) enough 'red flags' on that site to at least tread cautiously...

------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Awani; 01-25-2017 at 09:14 PM. Reason: add scam warning

Hello andro I too I have strong perplexities about if the process of rhoend is true ? and him web and its sales to $ 900 for one book and I think we urge extreme caution and healthy skepticism about everything that proposes many of his alleged instructions es pork bones urine and concentration of sunrays are derived and parts and total invention of the fertile mind of an already very and extremely discussed a pseudo alchemist French or better recognized him as well as rhoend as a mercate temple
    named sthephan barillet

see

http://www.rhoend.com/2016/09/la-via...-el-fuego.html

and more

Posted: 16 Sep 2016 09:51 AM PDT

http://www.rhoend.com/2016/09/atrapa...d+%28Rhoend%29

Posted: 16 Sep 2016 09:48 AM PDT

http://www.rhoend.com/2016/09/conden...d+%28Rhoend%29

m best regard alfr
    Last edited by alfr; 09-17-2016 at 11:35 PM.

Asking for money for supposed "alchemical" secrets is an old gimmick. Anyone still falling for this obviously isn't acquainted with the "betrüger" literature of the 16th-17th century, works like Richard Stanihurst's "Touchstone of Alchemy", Khunrath's "Heartfelt Warning" against the "Bad-Chymists", or Michael Maier's "Examen Fucorum Pseudo-Chymicorum". A few passages from the latter work will suffice to demonstrate the utter ridiculousness of the situation of some self-appointed "master" of alchemy basically begging money for supposed "secrets":

"It goes against all reason that someone who really had mastered this great art, tested over and over again in experiments, would want to sell this knowledge to another for a piece of bread or a bit of gold.
    It is an unmistakable sign of the pseudo-chymist that he wants to sell gold for gold, something uncertain as fact, and something priceless for very little. If he doesn't really possess it (i.e. the alchemical secret), then it is as if he had sold wind and empty words for money. If the latter is the case, then the scoundrel receives too much money for the wind, and the buyer is cheated. If the former is the case, then the seller is cheated."

In other words: both possible scenarios (i.e. selling the alchemical secret for any price or selling lies and phony processes for any price) do not make any sense whatsoever and therefore must be immediately discarded. In both possible scenarios either the buyer or the seller end up losing. Maier's logic on this topic is as solid today as was back in 1617 when he published that work.

I have to agree with the logic there JDP for if you could have untold wealth why would you sell the idea to others,
    you could afford to give it away if you had the notion to share it.

Ghislain

There are things that are beyond the reach of wealth, and this poses an issue for the normal human mind, because the idea of wealth is an extension of the ideas of property and ownership, which are heavily rooted in the desires to exert dominance over things outside the self and over other people's time and energy. Our way of thinking is peculiar that it somehow looks at wealth and money as the lowest common denominator and measure for personal value. We confound wealth with value, and seek the former thinking we can buy the latter!

Actually I was discussing this with an acquaintance who is an investor and consultant, and he told me the most curious thing: the more he charges for his services, the more closely his clients follow his suggestions. He said "if I give advice for free, they won't follow it, because they think the more money it costs the more it's worth! So I charge as much as they can afford, and then they are happy with the result."

Experiences and truths and understanding that exist outside the realm of this possessive part of the self cannot be bought and sold - even if we wanted to. Just as you cannot buy love, or a mystical experience. Nor do I think you can give it away for free. It's simply not a commodity or transferable property.

What delineates the idea that it can and cannot be sold? I think it's the direct experience of what it is. So perhaps those who are attempting to sell it simply have not had the experience to understand why it cannot be bought and sold, and this reveals what they are actually trying to sell! Their lack of understanding, repackaged as a mystery, sold to the sucker who confuses wealth with value.

Quote Originally Posted by alfr View Post
    Hello andro I too I have strong perplexities about if the process of rhoend is true ?
    The video of the "germination" is very bad...

[link broken]

He just pushes a semi-dry seedling up through the soil, with no visible growth.

Here is what it should look like...

--------------------------------
    Last edited by Awani; 02-22-2017 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Videos inserted into post.

In the first video the seedling goes backwards at one point...looks like it is being pushed from the bottom.

The second is time lapse photography.

If you heat a seed it does sprout just a little...this is done with hemp which is then used as fishing bait
    due to the little root poking out looking attractive to the fish.

Ghislain

So many people just trying to make a quick buck at €900.
    Last edited by garvolt2002; 09-21-2016 at 09:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    - Noticeable Special FX in both videos and images.

- As soon as something 'interesting' is posted here on AF, a new blog entry is soon to follow, like recently with the 'Solar Path' and 'The 'Artifice' of Lana Terzi (not the first time this happens).

Do what you please, but I personally suggest caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    - Noticeable Special FX in both videos and images.

- As soon as something 'interesting' is posted here on AF, a new blog entry is soon to follow, like recently with the 'Solar Path' and 'The 'Artifice' of Lana Terzi (not the first time this happens).

Do what you please, but I personally suggest caution.
    Revisited the SM thread, he called Unicorn-> White Stone which should have been a sufficient enough red flag for anyone well versed with alchemical symbolism, somebody should have called him out back then. You don't expect such slip ups from one who is that advanced.

+ Reply to Thread