Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Satanism

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Salazius View Post
    Most part of "Satanic behaviors and actions" are more linked with Catholic church than "satanist people", see Spanich Inquisition ... Killing South American people, crusades ... But, yes, killing a new born baby is very common in serious groups, and eating its flesh after the offering also.
    This, for me, is more close to the Catholic Church than my experience with Satanism which, in my opinion, are just as peaceful as anarchism, but with a focus on all the pleasures of the flesh such as food, sex, and drugs. Nothing more. Then of course there is the Lucifer angle which is all about light... and as I agree with the Gnostics (and have been for over a decade) the true devil is god, and the true god is the devil... so by worshipping the Biblical devil/serpent one is actually worshipping the light/god. That is if you want to take all this stuff literarily.

Last edited by Awani; 09-24-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    This, for me, is more close to the Catholic Church than my experience with Satanism which, in my opinion, are just as peaceful as anarchism, but with a focus on all the pleasures of the flesh such as food, sex, and drugs. Nothing more. Then of course there is the Lucifer angle which is all about light... and as I agree with the Gnostics (and have been for over a decade) the true devil is god, and the true god is the devil... so by worshiping the Biblical devil/serpent one is actually worshiping the light/god. That is if you want to take all this stuff literally.
    The church, especially the catholic, is mostly hijacked Gnosticism, turned upside down. The church(es) worship(s) the 'true' devil/satan (the creator god/Demiurge) and mislabels the Light/Lucifer/Prometheus/etc as 'Satan'. Also, the more 'radical' Gnostics, as far as I understand, would more likely prefer to distance themselves from the addictions of the flesh.

For anyone not (yet) familiar with it, HERE is an (allegedly) complete collection of the Nag Hammadi scrolls.

Blog Entries

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Re: the idea of the Chruch being "Satanic": I completely agree.

As for the Demiurge being "Satan"... it's not exactly like that in the classical texts (both from the sources with are more Sethian view and the sources which are more Valentinean -the two "big branches" of classical Christian Gnosticism).

The "structure" is often:

Transcendental God ---> Sometimes a Monad, Sometimes a Tetrad and Sometimes a "Pleroma" with 30 parts, depending on the text.

Demiurge ----> The "false God" (usually mentioned as "Nous Demiurgos" -"Artisan Intellect")... identical to Blake's character "Urizen"* ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urizen )

Satan ----> Who is "worst" than the Demiurge... Though when it comes to the Snake of the Genesis, some Gnostic texts identify it with Jesus (Some other DON'T and the Snake is "evil"... well, Gnosticism wasn't homogeneous).

* weird fact: a lot of Religious and "Occult" webs and books use Blake's image of Urizen as to depict "God"... I take it for granted that you've seen his image a lot of times, even if you are not into Blake.... which is something that makes me laugh... if they ones who designed those book covers and webs had ever read Blake, they would NEVER use the image of Urizen (who was, as to use a colloquial language, a true asshole and tyrant false God) to depict God:

(And yet "Urizen" is NOT Satan... if you ever had the chance of getting the book with the complete illustrations that Blake did for Dante's "Divine Comedy" and the notes that Blake did on his drawings, even the neo-Gnostic Blake identified DAnte's "God" with Urizen and NOT with the transcendental God, whilst Satan is a different character and not truly different than the "Satan" of the Catholic Church).
    Last edited by zoas23; 09-25-2016 at 01:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread