Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Emerald Tablet - What Does It Mean?

Blog Entries
    (Boxing above my weight class)

And as all things were produced by the one word of one Being, so all things were produced from this one thing by adaptation
    The "One thing" referred to is the Ultimate, Manifested Stone. It is a singularity, once having been perfected.

It is Jesus Christ, the Chief Corner Stone. Don't believe me? I'll repeat:

all things were produced by the one word of one Being
    Even Thoth knows his place.

It is celestial fire embodied in the perfect Body/Soul/Spirit balance (like Christ). The tablet does not describe in any way, the manifestation of the 'first matter' to be worked upon, in fact, more the opposite, and seems to follow the same lines as many other alchemists of hiding the truth from the reader.

We can see that by:
    Separate the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross
    That we are already into the state changes ect that occur AFTER the 'antimonial waters' have been prepared and poured.

We can see here:
    Its father is the sun, its mother the moon; the wind carries it in its belly, its nurse is the earth
    That it is "state changes" that is in fact the Cause and Effect of the manifestation of the stone... but unfortunately, gives no REAL clues to the un-initiated as to the fact that this is an invisible substance, which is our primary focus, and that its only after completion that; ALL IS ONE.

The stone is quite literally a celestial light, congealed into reality with the help of mediums, and matured through state changes, and has found for itself, and secured, a suitable body to incarnate into.

The 'artifice' is in creating a suitable body for capture. Since you are "in your current state" not MUCH more than a physical being, you can't in any way think to 'create' the SM. But you may be able to wield the physical realm in order to create a habitable environment for celestial fire to collect and manifest itself physically.

What I would like to know is... does fine gold, sweet silver, and this 'mercury' count as all three substances, or are the sol/luna/solvent the 'two Mercuries' and the argent vive something else entirely?

AKA: I see three things: Manifested Sol Manifest Luna and the waters which they are collected in....

Am i missing something here? do they have their own waters and the argent vive is something else entirely?
    Last edited by elixirmixer; 10-18-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    I will consider the lack of replies as a sign that im getting closer

Blog Entries
    It may take people more than a day to reply..

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    The tablet does not describe in any way, the manifestation of the 'first matter' to be worked upon, in fact, more the opposite, and seems to follow the same lines as many other alchemists of hiding the truth from the reader.
    I like to think it gives a very literal recipe:

The power is vigorous if it be changed into earth.
    Seperate the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross, acting prudently and with judgement.
    Ascend with the greatest sagacity from the earth to heaven, and then again descend to earth, and unite together the powers of things superior and inferior. Thus you will obtain the glory of the whole world, and obscurity will fly away from you.

The stone is quite literally a celestial light, congealed into reality with the help of mediums, and matured through state changes, and has found for itself, and secured, a suitable body to incarnate into.
    This thread might interest you:
    Samadhi. Kundalini. The Red Body.

What I would like to know is... does fine gold, sweet silver, and this 'mercury' count as all three substances, or are the sol/luna/solvent the 'two Mercuries' and the argent vive something else entirely?
    I personally like to consider these principles and concepts as relative, depending on the context in which they're being used.
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 11-06-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Schmuldvich has been so kind as to provide this thread and open the discussion on the ET, and it is of great interest to me, this ancient tablet that Jabbir was aware of (supposedly) sealed in an Egyptian tomb raided by someone. The original tablet is lost to obscurity, and only translations remain, but here is one found on SacredTexts that caught my interest:

Supposed Arabic Version from Germany
    0) Here is that which the priest Sagijus of Nabulus has dictated concerning the entrance of Balinas into the hidden chamber... After my entrance into the chamber, where the talisman was set up, I came up to an old man sitting on a golden throne, who was holding an emerald table in one hand. And behold the following - in Syriac, the primordial language- was written thereon:
    1) Here (is) a true explanation, concerning which there can be no doubt.
    2) It attests: The above from the below, and the below from the above -the work of the miracle of the One.
    3) And things have been from this primal substance through a single act. How wonderful is this work! It is the main (principle) of the world and is its maintainer.
    4) Its father is the sun and its mother the moon; the
    5) wind has borne it in its body, and the earth has nourished it.
    6) the father of talismen and the protector of miracles
    6a) whose powers are perfect, and whose lights are confirmed (?),
    7) a fire that becomes earth.
    7a) Separate the earth from the fire, so you will attain the subtle as more inherent than the gross, with care and sagacity.
    8) It rises from earth to heaven, so as to draw the lights of the heights to itself, and descends to the earth; thus within it are the forces of the above and the below;
    9) because the light of lights within it, thus does the darkness flee before it.
    10) The force of forces, which overcomes every subtle thing and penetrates into everything gross.
    11) The structure of the microcosm is in accordance with the structure of the macrocosm.
    12) And accordingly proceed the knowledgeable.
    13) And to this aspired Hermes, who was threefold graced with wisdom.
    14) And this is his last book, which he concealed in the chamber.
    [Anon 1985: 24-5]

Some of the translations seem to focus on creating this "one true thing" and others on describing it's powers once manifest, but it's my belief that the text originally conveyed both ideas, and another.

The "one true thing," as I see it in the opening passages is described. It is the source of everything. The one essence from which everything else came. The stone. The process of time has scattered and changed it into every common substance, obscuring where it came from, because in our world it no longer exists as "the one true thing," but as composites, amalgams, and other substances. It has been converted, and in some cases irreversibly changed into everything we see.

It is, therefore, as JDP points out, not to be found anywhere in nature.

Nature doesn't create it, she uses it to create everything else. I'll make the analogy of stars and supernovas, but I don't believe the one "true thing" has anything to do with hydrogen. That's a chemical mindset, and while it can be captured in chemicals, it isn't the atoms themselves, but the thing that creates them. Just my opinion there.

Lines 4-6 transmit according to the Egyptians, how it coalesced and changed. The earth and everything in it congealed from this one true thing.

7-8 describe how it can be reformed from certain reactions that didn't destroy it in the process of being created.

The rest describes it's power. It's interesting to note about it "driving out the darkness." Egyptians had many magics that could cure the sick, especially when it came to wounds, but some sicknesses eluded them, and they sought the power of sympathetic magic to "drive out the demons" or "sin" that created illness in human beings. I believe these lines are talking about it's curative abilities.

I like this version because of the introduction describing what we assume to be a tomb, but it doesn't say a "statue of a man," it says "an old man sitting on a golden throne." Was the man dead? Alive? Most icons of pharaoh show smooth faces and youthful appearance. Why would an "old man" be sitting on a throne?

Add to this the disconnect that Egyptians noted in their medical books between physical and magical ailments (visible cuts and tears vs invisible sickness), Perhaps this man found a place to hide and used the stone to prolong his life, but maybe he was killed later by some other means. I don't know. It's just odd that it would be worded in such a way, and something to think about.

I've also been considering the origins of the stone. The first congealing of it. How to go from people who know nothing about the stone to people who first manufactured it. We're to assume that Thoth gave the secret to men, but then why would they be called philosophers, and not "students of Thoth?" It's my belief that the ancients found the stone, and then learned of it's powers. And thus possibilities about the initial confection might shed light on the source of all these texts about it. Something to think about.

Ghislain

+ Reply to Thread