Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Emerald Tablet - What Does It Mean?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Because Ken feels that "the Divine" being spoken of in this context is "Demiurge".
    That is strange... the Divine is the opposite of the Demiurge... at least when looked at with Gnostic eyes... to be fair Ken might mean "artisan" (or "producer"), which is another translation of the word. I guess I am too influenced by Gnosticism to see the Demiurge as nothing but The Paternal Lie of Fundamentalistic Belief and Fascim.

Although I actually stopped reading at that point, because if his outlook from the start is that "the Divine" is the Demiurge, then I am Elvis Presley.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    I am Elvis Presley.
    Elvis sighted on an alchemy forum. New investigation studies his eccentricities and begins hunt to find his lab, believed to be in a basement somewhere near Memphis. :P

Blog Entries
    The demiurge was also vonsidered to be the spiritual forces of the demons that run the lower worlds (including ours) and they do certain 'operations' that give function to this dimension.

This is why he points out the difference; The ultimate Father is one thing, the "Divine operations" are another thing. Read Pistis Sophia. An incredible tome of gnostic literature that goes into this in great detail.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Also, to clarify, those spiritual forces when getting unbalanced and demonic; show up in this world as principalities, authorities, dominions, ect...
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

''Tis true without lying, certain & most true.''
    ''That which is below is like that which is above & that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing''

The Sun is its father, the moon its mother,

From Book of Lambspring
    ; ''Moreover, the Sages say
    That the two fishes are only one, not two;
    They are two, and nevertheless they are one,''

Even the Mercury symbol itself is depicted as being either two Snakes sitting on top of the pole, or a Crescent moon sitting on top of the pole, with a cross at the very end, insinuating Trinity/Unity between the Male and Female aspects.

What the Emerald Tablet says to me with As Above So Below means, outside man and inside man, the Universe operates on the same Principal, Heaven and and Earth operate on this same principal. As Above So Below, this principal is Universal.

If all of creation was created by Nothing or by One, God, then everything must absolutely operate on the same universal principal in which the grand scope of existence was created by.

If the Above and Below correspond on the same principal, this literally means that one can operate outside in a microcosm and imitate this same universal process within the glass flask and perform the act of God.

If in the beginning, was nothing, or One was All, then the Male and Female aspects of the Art is a clear-tell that it's a description of the universal process. Father and Mother naturally had sex and bore a child, this is why they are Father and Mother. In Alchemy, the Child is the Alchemical product of Above and Below, Male and Female. Two becomes One again!

Schmeldvich I admire you indepth posts. I'm just very lazy, I can't make my posts as tidy and depth as yours.
    Last edited by tAlchemist; 03-15-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Good stuff Alchemist. Has anyone read that The Emerald Tablet was originally written in Chaldean Tongue possibly by Shem? I found this one translation below. I thought it was interesting that there was a difference between "Sun" the father and "Sol".

Last edited by Seraphim; 03-16-2019 at 08:19 PM.

I was going to ask if there was an intentional distinction between "sun" and "sol" without having first read your pretext. You noticed it too. According to Chevalier Ramsay, Noah is the same as the first Hermes. Would seem intuitive that the allegory of the Tablet is that of the Arc (seed) attaching itself to the Mundane egg Earth. The seed of the Noah's Ark (one of each - a male and female - a sun and moon) contains all that is necessary (life-giving, ordering force) to break apart the Earth, subtle from gross, eventually, as we have witnessed from modern industry. Humankind and the living animals, then, a result of an ancient reception of a High Energy Particle from elsewhere in space with the necessary DNA code to propagate itself and separate the subtle from the gross, bringing gold to the surface for an alien harvest.

Sol has two apparent meanings. One in Hebrew, meaning Peace and the other in Greek meaning Sun (correct me if I'm wrong).

Perhaps what is meant by it, is the 'Operation of Harmony is complete' because what is harmonious without peace? In Biblical Revelations, everlasting peace and eternal life was given to all in the end, and here in the Emerald Tablet we see that the product of Above and Below, the Elixer of Life and product of Male and Female forces of Nature is the completion of this operation; ''That which I had to say about the operation of Sol is completed''. He wasn't talking about the Operation being completed to me it seems, but rather he was talking about him TALKING about the operation, being written and finished and completed.

Solomon apparently means ''Man of Peace''.

But to me it's obvious that Sun the Father and Sol are two different things. One can be male but not a father.

I'm just spit balling by the way. Take it with a grain of salt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tAlchemist View Post
    Sol has two apparent meanings. One in Hebrew, meaning Peace and the other in Greek meaning Sun (correct me if I'm wrong).

Solomon apparently means ''Man of Peace''.
    The "peace" comes from the hebrew form, Shlomo(h) and it's relation to 'shalom'.

Edit: just to add on a bit..

Solomon is it's anglicized form, and in the western world "Sol" is sometimes used as a nickname.. But just as often you're probably hearing "Saul", which is a different name.

In Hebrew, the Sun is "Shemesh" (Shin-Mem-Shin). I think it's translated like that to differentiate from the older eastern semitic "Shamesh" which was a newer name for Utu. To the Arabs, the sun is "Al-Shams".

Jewish people don't say the name of G-d, they often use "Ha Shem" ("the name") instead. I pretty much figure the "Lord" is in reality the Sun, so that's kind of curious.
    Last edited by Greg Marcus; 03-23-2019 at 03:01 PM.

On another note, Operation of Sol MIGHT have something to do with ADAM in Genesis.

Genesis 5:2
    a male and a female He hath prepared them, and He blesseth them, and calleth their name Man, in the day of their being prepared.
    he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

Genesis 2:4-3:24
    23 The man said,
    “This is now bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
    she shall be called ‘woman,’
    for she was taken out of man.”
    24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

ADAM means Red Earth and just like the Philosophers' Stone, or any OTHER living thing, LIFE which is what Eve's name means must be involved in order to ANIMATE the MATTER and make it ALIVE. Two becomes One. Otherwise, our vessels are no different than a rock, or ANY other INORGANIC thing.

Just like a Sun as it's self-sufficient but even though the Sun is regarded as a Male principal, just like MALES we too have Female principals inside of us as well. Where there is Yang there is also Yin but in PROPORTION. This is why it's possible for Humans to be either Masculine or Feminine when one of these Principals dominate the other.

It takes Two of these forces to create One (Sol, Elixir of Life). The Sun doesn't rely on the Moon, but the Sun still operates on the Yin and Yang principals, but the Sun being masculine, the Yang forces is dominant but Yin is still very well present.

Thus the Operation of Sol is Complete.

+ Reply to Thread