Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our Whole Art

Our Whole Art

Nice! It looks like one of the images of the archives of M. P. Hall (Which I think it is, since you were discussing him today)

For some reason it made me remember a lot of 3 books I've recently "read": 3 graphic novellas by Max Ernst:
    - Une semaine de bonté (1933) ["A week of goodness"] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Une_semaine_de_bont%C3%A9
    - La Femme 100 têtes (1929) ["The 100 heads woman", though phonetically it's also "The woman without heads"]
    - Rêve d'une petite fille qui voulut entrer au Carmel (1930) ["Dream of a little girl who wanted to get into a candy"]

The first one is a true "Mutus Liber"... the other two have some brief descriptions of the collages made using old engravings.

Whilst I love Surrealism, Ernst has never been my favorite (whilst I adore his partner, Leonora Carrington)... but his three graphic novels contain some of the most surprising alchemical images I've ever seen. The three of them are worth "reading" (or watching), especially "A week of goodness".

Yes, they are unrelated to this image you posted, but watching them somehow made me see "more" in this image than I would have seen before coming across these three works by him... which I strongly suggest (especially "A week").

Blog Entries
    Description :

Chaos behind them.

Sun and Moon on the top, holding respectively :

Sun :
    Black Stage with a crow.
    Red Stage - Rubedo as a King.

Moon : Green Stage - viridis, as a peackoc.
    White Stage as Albedo represented as a swan.

Both are upon a sphere/microcosmus egg, vase of the Art, containing an Ouroboros with three head.

Assuming that these heads are for multiplicative capacity or for "Salt, Sulfur & Mercury" is not indicated clearly.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Salazius View Post
    Both are upon a sphere/microcosmus egg, vase of the Art, containing an Ouroboros with three head.

Assuming that these heads are for multiplicative capacity or for "Salt, Sulfur & Mercury" is not indicated clearly.
    One being with three natures?
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    Nice! It looks like one of the images of the archives of M. P. Hall (Which I think it is, since you were discussing him today)
    Indeed! Yes!!

Manly P. Hall's collection is lovely to look at.

In the image posted above we see facets of our Whole Art elegantly symbolized.

"Recreations Hermetique" describes our entire Art clearly below.

At the beginning of "Recreations Hermetique" the author begins by initially starting a discourse about Light.

An author I highly recommend, Walter Russell, has done a tremendous job compressing Truth into concise facts (see below). This resonates exactly with what was posted above.

In another thread "Volatile Fixed - Fixed Volatile" I have pointed this out as well.

Blog Entries
    - Rêve d'une petite fille qui voulut entrer au Carmel (1930) ["Dream of a little girl who wanted to get into a candy"]

No !

Carmel is an order of christian nuns, les Carmélites.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordre_du_Carmel
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Indeed! Yes!! Manly P. Hall's collection is lovely to look at.
    In the spring I figured out how to deal with the "OpenLayers' webbased image viewers and absolutely pillaged the Ritman library (BPH).

I have an amazing copy of Secret Teachings - in incredible resolution, and in includes full color plates of Knapp's illustrations.

+ Reply to Thread