Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need an upgrade

Blog Entries

I need an upgrade

Hey guys! I seemed to have reached my private message quota?? Could i please have it amended to allow for more sharing

While we are here... what does R.A.M.S stand for? Thank you kindly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Hey guys! I seemed to have reached my private message quota?? Could i please have it amended to allow for more sharing
    The allotted message quota for every forum member is 50 stored messages.

You may however, become a patron by making a donation for the forum's upkeep, and this will also raise your message quota to 250.

You have already been given a link to the RAMS website (on another thread), so why don't you check it out yourself? It's basically a large collection of alchemical texts, all in English. It is being shipped either on a DVD or a USB stick, if I'm not mistaken...

If you donate to the site, then your amount of private messages gets expanded... if you don't wanna do it, then you need to delete the old ones as to give space to the new ones (in my own case, I decided to donate, but there isn't any kind of pressure to do such thing and it's a personal choice). Unless you are talking to 20 persons in private at once, then the "standard" version should work fine if you delete the answered messages.

R.A.M.S:
    https://www.transcendenceworks.com/d...-society-rams/ <--- explanation of what it is.
    http://www.ramsdigital.com/ <------- the web of R.A.M.S....

Simply a community of alchemists who work in making translations and transcriptions of classical texts and mostly distribute it in digital format (though some RAMS books are available in amazon.com too printed in paper).

Probably the best ones when it comes to create an extensive digital library of alchemical classics with good transcriptions (as opposed to .jpg images of old books which are sometimes a bit hard to read because the paper deteriorated with time, the gothic letters are sometimes a pain in the A _ _ , etc).

In most cases, when you see a quote of an alchemy classic in this forum or other alchemy forums, the source is the R.A.M.S. collection (in most cases, of course there are exceptions).

EDIT: note to self: never try again to be faster than Andro!

Blog Entries
    Yes i've developed a bad habit of asking a question on this forum, only to google it two seconds later and realise who stupid i must sound. Alchemy gets me excited..... But finding out that R.A.M.S is not a volume of books per se but a vast network of a whole bunch of stuff....

I have come to a horrible realisation. The stone is still, a many nights reading away....

Blog Entries
    Thank you both.

I have come to a horrible realisation. The stone is still, a many nights reading away....
    If that's horrible, then GIVE UP now.
    If that's beautiful, then go on.

"The process is the product & the product is the process".

Blog Entries
    Ill be donating my first piece of transmuted Lead to the forum

+ Reply to Thread