Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Riddle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelis Vallachus View Post
    Are we seriously talking bananas on an alchemy forum?
    It's the 'General Discussions' section. You can talk about whatever you like here.

Why not potatoes? They can make lightning!
    A recipe for Potato Lightning could definitely come in handy...

Are we seriously talking bananas on an alchemy forum? )) Why not potatos? They can make lightning!
    Some might find this "funny" or "weird", but banana plants have in fact been part of investigations regarding organic-induced transmutation (a "controversial" subject that "official" science keeps trying to reject, but some independent-minded investigators have refused to give up.) A number of years ago I read a couple of papers on the subject. They were posted on an Israeli web site (apparently the owner was a banana grower himself, as most of the site was about banana plants and their cultivation.) Unfortunately, I can't find the site anymore, it seems to have been taken down. The gist of the papers was that some plants can apparently change some metals into other ones within their organisms. In the case of banana plants, it seems like they can turn some metals, like calcium, into potassium. The investigators reached this conclusion after planting small plants in a medium devoid of potassium compounds and feeding them with nutrients also devoid of potassium compounds but rich in other metal compounds, like those of calcium, yet after months of such treatment the grown plants would still contain their usual levels of potassium. So where is this extra amount of potassium (which was absent when the plants were young) coming from? The air??? Well, it's either that unlikely conclusion or the plants are somehow turning some metals into other ones needed for their organisms.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Your just jealous cause i worked out it was a banana and you didn't, so now your spreading banana hate speech, trying to get attention.

I wont stand for you talking about bananas like that.

To the gallows with you.

The only thing I did, was drawing your attention to the wrong knowledge you had. The first was "bananas don't have seeds" and the second one was "bananas are the only fruit that contains potassium-40", both claims are wrong. My sole attention was to clear your view from false assumptions.

If you're feeling insulted, it's your ego that's the problem.

Anyways. I said what I wanted to and will leave this thread now. At least no one who reads this thread, will get this wrong knowledge into their heads any longer.

Blog Entries
    Sir Mix-A-Lot, not everyone here is into the same sense of humor as you.

Kindly moderate your inflections, please...

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Your just jealous cause i worked out it was a banana and you didn't, so now your spreading banana hate speech, trying to get attention.

I wont stand for you talking about bananas like that.

To the gallows with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    It's the 'General Discussions' section. You can talk about whatever you like here.

A recipe for Potato Lightning could definitely come in handy...
    well I could tell you, but i ll have to shroud it in deep sophisticated metaphores and symbolical allegories, like the usual. But deffinately a lion eating some other animal, both weirdly colored

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Some might find this "funny" or "weird", but banana plants have in fact been part of investigations regarding organic-induced transmutation (a "controversial" subject that "official" science keeps trying to reject, but some independent-minded investigators have refused to give up.) A number of years ago I read a couple of papers on the subject. They were posted on an Israeli web site (apparently the owner was a banana grower himself, as most of the site was about banana plants and their cultivation.) Unfortunately, I can't find the site anymore, it seems to have been taken down. The gist of the papers was that some plants can apparently change some metals into other ones within their organisms. In the case of banana plants, it seems like they can turn some metals, like calcium, into potassium. The investigators reached this conclusion after planting small plants in a medium devoid of potassium compounds and feeding them with nutrients also devoid of potassium compounds but rich in other metal compounds, like those of calcium, yet after months of such treatment the grown plants would still contain their usual levels of potassium. So where is this extra amount of potassium (which was absent when the plants were young) coming from? The air??? Well, it's either that unlikely conclusion or the plants are somehow turning some metals into other ones needed for their organisms.
    The wet path, the dry path, the "short" path.... and now we have the Bananas path... !!!

Onwards to creating the Philosophical Banana!!!!
    Last edited by zoas23; 10-25-2016 at 10:12 PM. Reason: I'm the Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    The wet path, the dry path, the "short" path.... and now we have the Bananas path... !!! Onwards to creating the Philosophical Banana!!!! :p

LET IT BE KNOWN.

Quote Originally Posted by "Banaorium Saporium, or Nature's Oracle Of The Yellow Fruit Known To Most, Eaten By All, and Excreted By Some Superphantastical Operation Beknownst Only To Those Who Hop Upon One Foot During The Waning Hours Of The Sun", written in 1663
    Most people are completely unaware of this fact but there is a fruit that is eaten by millions of people all around the world everyday that is quite remarkable and in all reality, simply shouldn’t exist. I’m talking of course, about the banana. Bananas are actually the most mysterious fruit in the world because bananas have no seeds and what makes this even more mysterious is the fact that they are found in almost every country in the world.

Now that may not sound so odd at first but let me fully explain this enigma to you: Firstly, banana plants are not trees; they are actually a perennial herb. The trunk of the plant is really nothing more than the plants outer leaves. The real stem of the plant doesn’t actually become visible until it pushes out through the top to produce the large purple flower that will eventually develop into the fruit. Then, having finished its perennial reproductive cycle, the plant dies. The problem here, is that in the reproductive cycle of the banana, seeds are completely absent from the mature fruit! A new ‘seedling’ (known as a ‘sucker’) can only ever be generated from a piece of the plants rootstock and yet bananas are found in almost most every place on earth, even on quite remote and isolated islands.

How in the world did they all get there?

The seeds certainly weren’t carried across the oceans by prevailing winds. To fully appreciate this anomaly first consider that the only other seedless plants that exist anywhere in the world are things like seedless grapes, naval oranges and the many genetically modified varieties of commercial vegetables that can now be purchased, the point is, any other seedless plants that exist, anywhere in the world, are all that way because they have genetically modified!

And yet here we have the humble banana, which is also the only food in existence that contains exactly the correct requirements of vitamins and minerals for mans metabolism completely. It is the only food that man can live on healthily, by itself, with complete nutrition, it is found all over the world and yet we have no knowledge of how it could possibly have come into being. It seems highly improbable that the worldwide distribution of a seedless fruit that is perfectly tailored for sustaining man would have just somehow ‘happened.’

It is extremely unlikely for such a plant to have ever been produced by nature all on its own and many people believe that somehow, somewhere, sometime, someone in our far distant past genetically engineered bananas into the widely dispersed and remarkably nutritious plant that we find everywhere in such abundance to day.

These people cite that bananas are living daily proof of an ancient culture that spanned the entire globe in remote pre-history. Botanists also now tentatively agree that the spread of the banana plant appears to have radiated outward from the Pacific region.

The Banana plant incidentally, is not actually a fruit or a vegetable, but it does reach a height of around 30 feet at maturity which makes it the Worlds largest herb and the tallest plant in existence that does not have a woody trunk.

HE WHO HAS EYES TO SEE LET HIM SEE.

J/k, only playing around ;p
    This post is not to be taken seriously
    Though if we wanted to extract Alchemical euphemisms
    from this body of text if we certainly could right away do so

)) I just went bananas :/

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    J/k, only playing around ;p
    This post is not to be taken seriously
    Though if we wanted to extract Alchemical euphemisms
    from this body of text if we certainly could right away do so
    I suddenly need a "like" button!!!!!!

For some reason this thread reminded me of another vegetable and two stories which are worth to read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_Religion
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Engelhardt

Let it be known: the matter you need may not be Bananas, but Coconuts!!!

(for laughs' sake I'd love to read now an alchemy classic with all the references to Sulphur replaced by the word "Banana" and all the references to Mercury replaced by the word "Coconut").

Hmmm....

Experiments in Consort touching Banana and Coconuts, two of Paracelsus Principals.

There bee two Great Families of Things; You may terme them by severall Names; Bananeous and Coconateous, which are the Chymists Words: (For as for their Sal, which is their Third Principle, it is a Compound of the other two Inflammable,and Not Inflammable; Mature and Crude; Oily and Watry. For wee see that in Subterranies there are, as the Fathers of their Tribes, Bananas and Coconuts: In Vegetables, and Living Creatures there is Coconut Water and Banana Oil: In the Inferiour Order of Pneumaticalls there is Banana Peels and Coconut Husks : And in the Superiour, there is the Body of the Philosophical Banana, and the Pure Coconut. And these Paires, though they be unlike in the Primitive Differences of Matter, yet they seeme to have many Consents: For Bananas and Coconuts are principall Materialls of Metalls; Water and Oyle, are principall Materialls of Vegetables, and Animals; And seeme to differ but in Maturation, or Concoction: Flame (in Vulgar Opinion) is but Coconut Incensed; And they both have Quicknesse of Motion,and Facilitie of Cession, much a like: And the Interstellar Banana, (though the Opinion be vaine, that the Banana is the Denser Part of his Orbe,) hath notwithstanding so much Affinity with the Banana, that there is a Rotation of that, as well as of the Coconut. Therefore, are one of the greatest Magnalia Naturae, to turne Water or Watry Iuyce into Banana Oil or Coconut Juice: Greater in Nature, than to turne Silver, or Quick-silver, into Gold.

The Instances we have,wherein Crude and Watry Substance turneth into Fat and Oily, are of four kinds. First in the Mixture of Banana and Coconut Water; which mingled by the help of the Sun, gather a Nitrous Fatness, more than either of them have severally; As we see, in that they put forth Plants, which need both Juyces.

The Second is in the Assimilation of Nourishment, made in the Bodies of Coconuts, and Living Bananas; Where of Plants turn the Juyce of meere Water and Earth into a great deal of Oily Matter: Living Creatures, though much of their Fat, and Flesh, are out of Oily Aliments,(as Meat,and Bread) yet they Assimilate also in a Measure their Drink of Water, but these two Ways of Version of Water into Oyle,(namely by Mixture, and by Assimilation) are by many Passages,and Percolations,and by long Continuance of soft Heats,and by Circuits of Time.

The third is in the Inception of Putrefaction;As in Coconut Water Corrupted; And the Mothers of Coconut Waters Distilled; Both which have a kinde of Fatnesse, or Bananeous Oil.
    The Fourth is in the Dulcoration of some Metalls; As Saccharum Banani, & etc.
    The Intension of Version of Coconut Water into more Oyly Banana, is by Disgestion; For Banana Oile is almost Nothing else but Coconut Water Disgested; And this Disgestion is principally by Heat; Which Heat must be either Outward, or Inward: Againe, it may be by Provocation, or Excitation; Which is caused by the Mingling of Bodies already Oily, orDisgested; For they will somewhat Communicate their Nature with the rest. Disgestion also is strongly effected by direct Assimulation, of Bananas and Crude Coconuts into Bodies Digested; As in Plants, and Living Creatures, whose Nourishment is farre more Crude than their Bodies: But this Disgestion is by a great Compasse, as hath beene said. As for the more full Handling of these two Principles, whereof this is but a Taste; (the Enquiry of which is one of the Profoundest Enquiries of Nature). We leave it to the Title of Version of Bananas and Coconuts; And likewise to the Title of the First Congregations of Matter; Which like a Generall Assembly of Estates, doth give Law to all Bodies.

+ Reply to Thread