Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Astrological Compatibilities

Blog Entries
    You are aware that the three moderators of this forum are that holy trinity.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    I'm considering moving in with a Leo and a Gemini (as a Virgo). Any advice to make everything smooth?
    Greatly deep-ends on where their other significant placements are - Moon, Ascendant, Mercury and Venus (and Mars, but to a lesser degree for flatmates).

Speaking very generally, the Chameleon-like nature of Gemini can drive you crazy in the long run, and with a Leo you may find yourself doing more housework than you have to, but you'll get great support and loyalty in return With the Gemini, you may, over time, find the flat/house slowly filling up with various gadgets

Also, you may find yourself 'caught' in an interesting 'crossfire'... The Gemini mind tends to broadcast countless channels simultaneously all over the frequency spectrum, while the Leo mind only broadcasts one channel, but on ALL frequencies simultaneously

However, as a Virgo, you may have the best chances to act as the 'glue' keeping everything grounded and in working order. But don't be too obvious about it, especially with the Leo. Let him/her know they're "calling the shots", even if they don't

Note: The above is meant to be mainly humorous and entertaining, because it's difficult to provide actually useful astrological advice based on sun signs alone...

So I take it that you're leaving your current accommodation?
    Last edited by Andro; 10-29-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Speaking of Astrological Compatibilities, and Lions and Twins.. I'm considering moving in with a Leo and a Gemini (as a Virgo). Any advice to make everything smooth?
    What Andro said: with the Sun sign you can only see the cover of the book.

(If I had to judge how a relationship would work out and I can only know ONE planet, I would pick the moon rather than the sun).

But, in a "playful" way... Andro is right:

A Leo is very much like a cat (rather than a lion): all the energies get merged in a single thing, which means complete and unbreakable loyalty... or absolute indifference (i.e, not in an aggressive way, but mostly don't giving a shit about how someone else feels.... just like cats, Leo's "choose" who they like and who they IGNORE -rather than hate)... without many "gray areas" in between. His idea of "Order" can be VERY different than the idea of "Order" that a Virgo has. Though you can also expect unexpected acts of amazing kindness mixed with other acts of horrible selfishness.

The Virgo may think that the other two are a mess... and can easily become the true "organizer" of the house. Probably the one who MAY have more conflicts with the others due to his high standards of "obsession" (which can be good or bad). The "neurotic" of the house (one of my closest friends is as Virgo as it gets and I get along very well with him, being myself a Leo... and lived with him for 8 years when we were teen without much conflict).

The Gemini can be a bit confusing for the others... in the sense of making you think: "Who is this person? What does he really think?" It can be hard to understand his "psychology" (his "Soul")... and will probably be the one who find the solution to the problems, but not the one who *performs* the solution and MAY limit himself to communicating which one is the solution and expect the others to do it. Most Geminis I know are "transparent" to me, but in the sense that a glass is transparent... you can see through it, but there isn't an opaque "shape" that you can "see" inside... quite often it's hard to understand their ways of thinking.

Anyway, as Andro said, this is more "playful" than "serious"... the Sun signs don't mean much (and depending on the chart of a person, he may show almost no "traits" of his sun sign). The moon, the nodes... they can be somehow more "revealing" without a complete chart.

Other than that, there's "nice" people and "undesirable" people... such thing beats the Sun sign. A group of nice people will find a way to get along... a group of "undesirable" people will amplify their negative traits by living together... so the results are easy to predict without even using astrology if you know them well.

You are an earth sign (virgo), you represent being grounded. Fire signs such as leo, aries, and sagg are constantly looking for alternative ways to do things and always have an issue with authority. Air signs such as gemini are very talkative and make for good conversation. Water signs tend to get more emotional and upset over tiny things (cancer,pisces). But there is much more that goes into a person than what sign their sun was in at birth. The moon effects inner emotions, the mercury location effects HOW they communicate. You can be a LEO with a mercury in CANCER, and will not seem as much as a LEO because of how they talk. Venus is the love aspect of the chart, venus in a fire sign can be restless and never settle down. Venus in an earth sign enjoy steady relationships. MARS is the anger and emotional side of the chart. MARS in scorpio will be a vengeful MF who desires payback. MARS in a water sign will be very passive in times of conflict. But as much as I do believe in the effects these energies have on the development of the being, I also believe how you were raised effects your attitude and tendencies just as much. You can be a Pisces who was raised by a very outgoing Aries and act like an Aries more than a pisces etc. There are many factors but I do believe astrology plays some part in the general tendencies, but not all of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Note: The above is meant to be mainly humorous and entertaining, because it's difficult to provide actually useful astrological advice based on sun signs alone...

So I take it that you're leaving your current accommodation?
    It was somewhat helpful though. Based on what you said, and after knowing them for a couple years, I'd guess they definately fit into the general definition of Gemini and Leo. And yes, planning on switching things up again. If everything goes as we last planned it out, then we'll begin looking in December and find a place at the end of the year or beginning of 2017.

Are there such things as chart readings for the day we all move into a place?

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    Other than that, there's "nice" people and "undesirable" people... such thing beats the Sun sign. A group of nice people will find a way to get along... a group of "undesirable" people will amplify their negative traits by living together... so the results are easy to predict without even using astrology if you know them well.
    I've been friends with the Gemini for quite a few years, and after college we lived together for awhile and everything went well. We're both interested in the Arts, which is what the Leo is studying at the university (film and photography).

I'm almost certain we'll get along just fine, but maybe I'll find out more about their natal charts and post it up, for the fun of it.
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 10-29-2016 at 04:06 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

I'm almost certain we'll get along just fine, but maybe I'll find out more about their natal charts and post it up, for the fun of it.
    I enjoy a lot NOT checking the Astral charts when everything is fine... though I would be able to explain this tendency I have with my natal chart! (LOL... it's not a joke).

I would like to see the three charts, if you don't mind posting them in public, as too see how others work with them.

I must confess that Astrology in one of my "strong areas", BUT I having a chart A, a chart B and a chart C... I would be able to compare:
    1) A and B
    2) B and C
    3) C and A

BUT I don't know a method to compare A, B and C in a "single procedure"... So it would be interesting to see if someone knows how to work with 3 charts and compare them with a "single procedure" rather than the steps 1, 2 and 3 I described above... as to learn how to work with 3 charts (with 2 it's easy and with 3 it's easy too, but MY way would be like working with 2 "3 times" rather than with 3 "all at once"... I'd like to see someone working with the 3 of them "all at once" as to learn something new).

[I have some ideas of how to do it, which would be using a "middle points" chart for your friend (B) and you (A)... a joint chart of A and B.... and seeing how the "joint chart of A and B" relates with the chart of "C", the "new member" of the house)... but such idea is very much like seeing how a "couple of friends" gets along with a third person rather than seeing how 3 individual/separate persons get along and the "dynamics" of 3 separate persons...

So it would be interesting as to learn something new.

Blog Entries
    Most Geminis I know are "transparent" to me, but in the sense that a glass is transparent... you can see through it, but there isn't an opaque "shape" that you can "see" inside...
    So you're basically saying that Gemini is like a transparent but empty box (with no content of its own)?

I would say that the content of the Gemini Box changes constantly, depending which medium/context it just happens to be 'passing through'

Generally speaking, it's easier for Mutable Signs (especially Gemini & Pisces) to be 'Chameleons' than it is for Fixed Signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio & Aquarius).

A non-fixed sign Ascendant, Moon or Mercury can help a lot with flexibility, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    So you're basically saying that Gemini is like a transparent but empty box (with no content of its own)?
    I would say that the content of the Gemini Box changes constantly, depending which medium/context it just happens to be 'passing through'
    No, that's not my idea at all, but I didn't explain it well.
    An "empty box" would mean a soulless person without even a psyche. Nobody is like that (except for D. Trump).

I simply meant that with a gemini it gets VERY hard to get "into that box"... i.e, you can know a person for years and years and you often become able to predict how this person would react to a given circumstance... you KNOW him, we are all a bit "predictable".

i.e, if I use you as an example. I know that if I tell you: "the only reality is the touchable reality, anything else is a psychotic mysticism"... well, I know your ideas and more or less I know how you would react.

With a gemini this is very hard FOR ME to do it... and in most cases I avoid Geminis (though there are exceptions for everything, I can admit that Dev is one of my favorite persons here... and I don't feel like what I described when I read him -or when we did an interview for his podcast, it was very easy for me to talk to him, as if I knew him since decades).

But, yeah, with the "typical" Gemini....I am often absolutely lost when it comes to understanding them (the box is NEVER empty, it's simply that the contents are like "invisible" to me, I can't "see" them -though I don't have this problem with Dev in the forum, I simply mention him because he's a Gemini... and because it's a bit fun to flatter him, because I know it makes him feel uneasy ).

Hmmm.... I have a similar experience with Aquarius (strangely NOT with Libra).

Hmmm.... one of my longest relationships involved an Aquarius and after some years the "romance" finished, but the friendship lasted. A very happy person and then one day she killed herself (she hanged herself)... I spent the whole day with her 2 days before she did such thing and we laughed a lot, it was very pleasant... her suicide was something that I could have never predicted... and I still have no idea about WHY she did it (I would describe this person as one of the "happiest" persons I've ever meet... maybe this situation explains my idea of "I don't know what's inside the box").

It's more Aquarius and Gemini for me than the Mutable Signs... I would say the "Air Signs", but I exclude Libra and Dev (though I must confess that I once asked him to give me his birth details as to understand something... and I saw his chart and I know why I don't have this problem with him, but I won't say it, since that's somehow a bit too private).

Anyway... I'll return to the interesting subject of this conversation (for me). What would YOU do if you are given 3 charts and you have to say if 3 persons will "get along" or not?
    I know how to work with 2 charts, but with 3 I would need to do what I said above (comparing three pairs of 2 charts: A & B, B & C, C & A)... I never worked with three charts (with Tarot and other "divination" systems it's easy, but with Astrology, it's a bit complex for me unless I do as I've said, which is not quite "practical"). How would you do? The thread brought this interesting question to me (I never had to do it, so I admit that I have no experience at all with using 3 charts of 3 different persons and arriving to a conclusion).
    Last edited by zoas23; 10-30-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Zoas what do you make of my chart..Sagg sun, Sagg moon, Sagg mercury, Scorpio mars, Capricorn Venus, Cancer ascendant

Blog Entries
    I can't "see" them -though I don't have this problem with Dev in the forum...
    I can't speak for other Gemini, only for myself, and I can adapt to anyone and any situation... so people at a Republican Convention might think I am voting Trump, but I am actually just there to plan an act of terrorism... - NSA relax, that's a joke (maybe). Basically I allow people to "see" what I think is tactically appropriate. I've read The Art of War too much. LOL. Although I am practically "as I am" when we talk in private. You got to marry me to "see" 100 %, but I'm already taken.

From my limited knowledge of all this I think zoas23 is less of a typical Leo than Andro... there should be a photo of Andro in the dictionary under "Leo Star Sign". Ha ha.

As for compatibilities I've never cared about the sign... I've had friends and lovers in most (if not all) of them. Perhaps that is a Gemini trait, but those classical no-no for a Gemini (according to what I've heard) is other Gemini (closest friend/associate) , Aries (wife) and Cancer (many friends/lovers in this one).

Last edited by Awani; 10-30-2016 at 10:18 PM.
    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread