Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

View Poll Results: Why make the Stone?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • To make physical gold.

0 0%
  • To make spiritual gold = spiritual path.

2 20.00%
  • To live longer and healthier.

2 20.00%
  • To become immortal.

2 20.00%
  • There is no such thing as a Stone.

0 0%
  • To assist with stepping outside the omniversal foodchain, become immune to demiurgic insanity, shed all superfluities (layers of code & identification) and BE ONE with the UN-Created.

4 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Why make The Stone?

Blog Entries

Why make The Stone?

Everyone has different views on what the Stone is... but maybe it is more enlightening (for us all) to ask this:

So you want to make the Stone. You have made it. You try to make it.

Why?

Last edited by Awani; 01-04-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I think there is a literal stone, but I also believe that there is a spiritual foundation stone that you must have in order to contribute to the great kingdom. These spiritual stones must be in place for the spirit to move on properly, and you must create a pure vessel for the soul. That is my personal pursuit of the stone. I do believe that actions here have an effect on the development of the soul and its ability to shed the weight of the physical world and break free of it. If certain purifications are not achieved while on earth, the soul will be undeveloped and unable to move on to the next plane of existence. That is my personal opinion.

Gee, what a difficult question! Let's see, the Stone can turn large quantities of cheaper metals into gold and silver thus leaving a huge profit for whoever possess it. So I want to make it because... because... because just like the average Joe out there I want to go through life busting my behind to make a living, working ill-paid jobs, and just love to have to put up with major ungrateful a-holes with attitudes who call themselves "your boss", governments that charge you ever more taxes, frequently worry at the end of the month whether you are going to have enough money left to put food on the table and not have to rely on government cheese handouts, and other such fine "amenities" that life has in store for the average man or woman... Yes, that must really be it!

PS: Anyone who tells you that if they had the Stone they would not take advantage of it is either lying, mad or a millionaire who does not have financial worries of any kind.

Blog Entries
    If the purpose is wealth I am sure it is both quicker and easier to take a stock market license.

Also must not those that live in the parts of the world that are "developed" ask themselves if their lot in life is not their own fault? I think so.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

There are two main reasons why I would try to make it:

1) to understand the philosophy of the Ancients and learn more about the hidden secrets of how Nature works;
    2) for health reasons - for acquaintances who are currently suffering and to improve my own health.

The monetary aspect is tempting but it would be problematic. If you were to keep bringing gold to whoever buys gold these days, they would eventually start asking questions, and possibly even report you to the authorities. Then you would have the authorities at your door wondering where and how you acquired all these pounds of gold. So the best you could do is sell a few ounces. Hardly worthwhile.

Isn't value in the eye of the beholder? Who says Gold will have any value if one is able to produce it in massive amounts..just like old baseball cards, rarity is what makes something truly valuable. Only 144,000 will find this white stone according to John.

"Revelation 14:3–5 (ESV)
    And they were singing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and before the elders. No one could learn that song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. For it is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins. It is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These have been redeemed from mankind as firstfruits for God and the Lamb, and in their mouth no lie was found, for they are blameless."

So you have here in the Bible John stating that this is only achievable through mastery over sexual desires. (I do agree that part of it has to do with energy preservation)
    Last edited by ArcherSage; 11-04-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    Hardly worthwhile.
    I would agree. Any situation where untaxed money is created there are always more problems. Even the biggest criminals pay taxes, even if their taxes don't go to the government illegal activities are expensive.

It is certainly quicker to start a business, work hard and make enough to be able to buy and hoard gold... than to spend a life time trying to make it from lead etc.

Last edited by Awani; 11-04-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    It is certainly quicker to start a business, work hard and make enough to be able to buy and hoard gold... than to spend a life time trying to make it from lead etc.
    Is it though...?

JDP nailed it on the head with his answer. ArcherSage makes great points as well. Who would not want to possess the Philosopher's Stone?

Blog Entries
    Possess. Want. Gold. Wealth. Greed.

No wonder Hillary and Trump are the American choices for President. LOL.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by Awani; 11-05-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Possess. Want. Gold. Wealth. Greed.
    Was waiting for a post like this in this thread...From the third post on, I felt it was long overdue and soon coming! Allow me to respond.

It is very easy to play the "greed" or "wealth" card in attempts to smear the otherwise noble disposition of Alchemy. But I will ask you this: If someone offered you $10 million dollars cash no strings of any kind attached you would instantly take it (or be a fool not to). The fool--you in this case, dev--says, "No, I would rather bust my ass the rest of my life working menial jobs and earn my own money, thanks".

Other than for argument's sake, how can you or anyone else actually defend this reasoning?

+ Reply to Thread