Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Talisman Ritual

Talisman Ritual

Example talisman ritual:

1. Lesser Bannishing Ritual of the Pentagram

2. Lesser Hexagram Ritual (or Star Sapphire)

3. Trace invoking planetary Hexagram over talisman the following number of times; Saturn 3, Jupiter 4, Mars 5, Sol 6, Venus 7, Mercury 8, Luna 9. As Hexagram is visualised being inscribed in the air above the talisman say appropriate kabbalistic Divine name. E.g for Saturn YHVH ALHIM ( Yahweh El-oh-heem). Visualise Hexagram using kabbalistic 'queen' scale colours: Saturn Black, Jupiter bright blue, Mars bright red, Sol yellow, Venus green, Mercury Orange, Luna purple.

4. Now trace the Hexagram actualy on the talisman visualising it and saying the Divine name in the same way as point 3 above.

5. Invocation of Archangel of planet e.g. In the name of YHVH ELOHEEM I call on you Cassiel to empower this talisman to......

6. Call on order of angels e.g. In the name of YHVH ALHIM and the Archangel Cassiel I call on the Aralim to .......

7. Link to talisman e.g. A drop of saliva added to it, for Saturn (lead) wrap in black silk and perform Lesser Bannishing of Pentagram.

8. Record thoughts in diary.

Apart from the technical stuff and the visualisation the vital thing is to 'inflame your heart with prayer' as it is mentioned in the Abramelin grimiore.

You may feel energised and decide to do more rituals straight away do not do this. One chap I knew did 4 of these types of rituals in 3 days and got very hyper. He crashed for 24 hours when he woke up he had rainbow urine and a totally black tongue. He went to the std clinic but was found to be completely clear, it frightened him though so just the one in a week!

The actual talisman itself for Saturn keep simple eg: equilateral triangle shape, white card black ink. Symbol of Saturn on one side, word in english SATURN on other side, keep wrapped in black silk. When I was incubating the oil I put the silk, then the talisman touching the jar, under the jar then wrapped it all in kitchen foil to keep it dark. A lot of experienced Alchemists would perhaps see no point in doing any of the above which is obviously a perfectly fair opinion.

Doing this on a Saturday in the planetary hour of Saturn with the moon waxing is optimal, Capricorn is ruled by a Saturn I think so that would be a favourable month. Attributions, planetary hours etc for all the 'classical' planets are easily obtainable on-line.
    Last edited by Axismundi000; 11-17-2016 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Added last bit

Blog Entries
    One more question... what is the purpose of this ritual?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Hmmm......

Are you teasing me elixirmixer?

In ritual magic terms to produce a talisman that will express a planetary force in this case Saturn which relates to the metal; lead. Then this Saturnian energy will work with the Kerkrings menstruum is my thinking.

--------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 11-17-2016 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Added link to the original lab-related thread.

Blog Entries
    Are you using lead metal for the talisman, or paper and black ink?
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 11-17-2016 at 02:26 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

In this basic example I suggest white card and black ink. The lead is from the Cerrusite that I worked with in the other thread. Personally I don't feel it is necassary to use the actual metals relating to the planets for talismans.

Blog Entries
    Curious. Thanks.

So this basic example is not the one you use?
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 11-17-2016 at 07:16 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

These days I would do an electromagnetic volt.

The thing that brought me to Alchemy was the late Francis King wrote An Alchemical Ritual in the Complete Golden Dawn System of Magic. It involves evoking an Olympic spirit into the materia between various lab processes. I was particularly impressed by the diagnostic method specified in Z2; evoke to check the appearance of the elemental of the materia you are working with to asses progress. People often criticise GD stuff but it always seems to contain original methodology. Nowhere else have I read about a practical use for evocation with Alchemy. We did the Francis King procedure but the final product faded after 2 weeks, we didn't know how to fix it because we knew very little about Alchemy. It was an involved and lengthy procedure.

You can see the complete GD on the grimoirz website the piece I refer to is in volume 8. It would be interesting to do the Francis King process alongside the acetate dry distillation approach for example.
    Last edited by Axismundi000; 11-17-2016 at 09:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    No, not teasing axis, just curious. Although i have read my fair share of of kabalist theurgy and some alester crowly stuff ect... i have tried performing the pentagram and hexagram rituals ect... but i just kind of ... well... dont get it... i havent had a teacher, and all the book i read just go on and on but hardly ever have much practical guidance..... but you've just touched on something pretty cool...

I have heard of some people from the R+C, summoning an Olympic spirit before. Sounded pretty scary...

How could I, a complete novice in practical magic, invoke a spirit, with measurable effects, SAFTELY??

Probably one of the biggest reasons that I haven't practise much of this kind of stuff is because im aware of how dangerous it can be...

BUT I REALLY WANT TO LEARN!!

So... let me get this straight then, this talismanic magic is to harness the intellectual properties of saturn and place it in the flask??
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

I would not like to say when a person can perform evocation. For myself it was 15 years after I started magical work before I finally achieved evocation successfully. Some people doubtless achieve it more rapidly. Dion Fortune wrote: Do not call up what you cannot put down.

The basic talisman method I have suggested requires merely the Pentagram and Hexagram rituals. The vibratory formula of the middle pillar technique would enhance the whole thing.

Most Alchemists on this forum seem not to do ritual magic, I am a magician who has come to Alchemy seeing it as part of the same Hermeticism but I do not assume my approach is the most common.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    How could I, a complete novice in practical magic, invoke a spirit, with measurable effects, SAFTELY???
    You can't. I would not suggest to anyone to BEGIN his magical practices with Planetary Talismans, even if what Axis said is correct (I would use the invoking pentagram and hexagram, not the banishing ones as to open... and close with the banishing version of both... and I would use the proper Hebrew name - שבתאי - instead of the English name, but those are minor details, the procedure is correct).

It's not "incredibly advanced", but it's certainly not the first thing to try...

The works with the Olympic spirits are completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    Most Alchemists on this forum seem not to do ritual magic, I am a magician who has come to Alchemy seeing it as part of the same Hermeticism but I do not assume my approach is the most common.
    There's probably other ones too.

+ Reply to Thread