Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ashoka and The Nine Unknown

Blog Entries

Ashoka and The Nine Unknown

The Nine Unknown Men is, according to legend, the most powerful secret society ever in the world. They protect secret knowledge from the hands of "evil" men. The Illuminati and the Oligarchy Elite is like a silly fraternity in comparison.

The Nine Unknown Men order was founded by Emperor Ashoka. This guy was progressive even by todays standards.

I am not sure if The Nine Unknown Men are the same folks as Blavatsky's Unknowns Superiors? Thoughts?

Last edited by Awani; 11-20-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    The Nine Unknown Men is, according to legend, the most powerful secret society ever in the world. They protect secret knowledge from the hands of "evil" men. The Illuminati and the Oligarchy Elite is like a silly fraternity in comparison.

The Nine Unknown Men order was founded by Emperor Ashoka. This guy was progressive even by todays standards.

I am not sure if The Nine Unknown are the same folks as Blavatsky's Unknowns Superiors? Thoughts?

Two related books are: Morning of the Magicians, and the novel The Nine Unknown, 1923, by Talbot Mundy. It's possible that Blavatsky was influenced by the old Indian tales.

You can read the novel by Mundy here:

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks09/0900641h.html

I've never heard of the 9 Unknown superiors, but I knew about the 8 unknown superiors... whose existence as a society/order is dubious (always based on second hand sources)

The 8 unknown superior and the 9 unknown superiors seems to be the same idea, though the 8 are not related to Ashoka at all (neither to Buddhism), but to Theosophy in the sense that Jakob Böhme and Johann Georg Gichtel were using it (which I don't really relate to Blavatsky).

The history of the 8 unknown, I found it in some attempts to rebuild the biography of Pasqually and also Saint-Martin too.

Notice how the C.B.C.S. rite of Wilermoz was STONGLY influenced by the idea of the Society of the Unknown Superiors... and how he later managed to dissolve the Rite of Strict Observance ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rite_of_Strict_Observance ) in 1782 after its members were discouraged by not being contacted by the Unknown Superiors and the result was the Rectified Scottish Rite (I have to say that I prefer the C.B.C.S rite... which has a strong emphasis on the indea of the Unknown Superiors).

The idea of the Unknown Superiors was taken to Russia by then through Scwartz & Novikov (and Lopoukhine) ( http://rosacruzes.blogspot.com.ar/20...smo-russo.html )... I do not discard the idea that Blavatsky could have been influenced by these ideas (which is easy to confirm that existed in Russia previous to the birth of Blavatsky).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    I've never heard of the 9 Unknown superiors...
    They were only called Unknown Superiors... and then there is the The Nine Unknown.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    They were only called Unknown Superiors... and then there is the The Nine Unknown.
    The Unknown Superiors, the Unknown Philosophers... I can't help relating these ideas to the "9 unknown".

You can find quite old sources mentioning them. Like these letters:

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/send10.html

"Epistle 1.
    Greeting to my most honoured Friend and a most worthy Companion of the Society of unknown Philosophers. M.S." (signed in 1646).

I can keep on naming sources... but the ones I knew have NOTHING to do with India, Buddhism or Ashoka. It is interesting though that the concept behind these "parallel" societies was exactly the same.

(Though I know some traditions that use BOTH terms and give them a VERY clear difference -I mean Unknown Superior and Unknown Philosopher).

(This also reminds me of the Philosophers by the Fire).

Blog Entries
    The basis of the Egyptian art and science of the soul are the Nine Bodies of Light, also known as the Nine Eyes of Light. These Nine are the ruling principles that form the basis of Egyptian spirituality, culture, art and their world view: how the Egyptian culture navigated through life. To the Egyptians, just as we have our physical body, so, too, do we have eight other bodies that are just as real in other dimensions or wavebands of vibration. These additional non-physical bodies allowed them to sense, feel, navigate and create the many astounding feats of technology, science, and spirituality that still baffle us today. [...] The Nine effectively create and operate a holographic reality. Source uses all of the Nine at different times to experience, and create, reality.
    SOURCE

Freemasonry has a degree in the Scottish Rite known as "Elu of the 9" or "Elect of 9", in short summary of the degree.."Master Elects of Nine are taught to be careful in their zeal, lest they exercise vengeance "for the violation of divine and human laws." This degree also teaches the "overthrow of ignorance by freedom."

And although this next link is not related to the number 9, it is however interesting and is discussed in the Rites of Memphis within masonry..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzadikim_Nistarim

+ Reply to Thread