Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: EM's P.S. Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post

I'm going to take time to absorb all of this. Thank you for sharing, this is helping a lot, and nice pictures btw.

Blog Entries
    You have really done some impressively serious research man. Would not surprise me at all if you succeed in this quest.

Nice pics aswell. That really is the 'black blacker than black'

Schmuldvich, if i guess your matter in one guess in PM; will you tell me if im right?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    You have really done some impressively serious research man. Would not surprise me at all if you succeed in this quest.

Nice pics aswell. That really is the 'black blacker than black'

Schmuldvich, if i guess your matter in one guess in PM; will you tell me if im right?
    No, he hasn't. As I have shown over and over again, he keeps falling for one of the oldest tricks in the (alchemical) book: he actually thinks that these guys were LITERALLY talking about "one matter" in the quantitative sense (i.e. one single substance from the very start of the work), when in fact it is all a trick to deceive unwary people like him and keep making them waste their time and money trying to replicate what they describe by manipulating any single substance whatsoever. This "one matter" of the alchemists is in fact a COMPOSITE OF SEVERAL SUBSTANCES, MADE BY THE ALCHEMIST HIMSELF, NOT NATURE, which once it has been properly mixed and made to react APPEARS to form "one thing/matter" (it is still really just a mixture of several, though, but the alchemists and their mania for "philosophizing" envisioned such a compounded substance as "only one"; pure "philosophical" BULLSHIT from our modern point of view, but the alchemists loved this speculative kind of nonsense, specially if it could be used to deceive "unworthy" seekers into blind alleys.) If you take "one matter only" from the very start, you will get nowhere, just like him and countless others through the centuries who fell for this malicious misleading trap. People like Schmuldvich have found that some organic matters when heated release some volatile substances and turn black or dark, and think that they have made some huge "discovery" and are "on the right track". In fact, it is no such thing and are only on a "right track" to NOWHERE FAST. Such things have been known for centuries and centuries, and many seekers fell for them hook, line and sinker, and of course got absolutely nowhere. Their so-called "tinctures" still burned into smoke when projected on molten metals, did not "penetrate" them and did not alter them into silver or gold. As one of the texts attributed to Villanova (or John Dastin; both of them have been claimed as the author of the said text) points out:

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...1557#post51557

Those seekers the author was scoffing are the medieval "Schmuldvichs": obsessed about taking the "one matter only" adage to the very letter, and manipulating every single naturally-occurring substance that would fall in their hands, "preparing" them and "separating" things or "elements" from them (or so they thought they were doing), "cleansing/purifying" them (or so they thought they were doing), and then "joining" them again... all to no avail. It doesn't seem to occur to people with this mentality that if alchemy really depended on such relatively simple things as literally taking "one matter" and manipulating it somehow (specially in "one vessel" and with "one fire/regimen" only, as the complete version of this malicious misleading adage pretends), it would have ceased to be a secret and a mystery to most people a long time ago. Nature's substances are at the reach of everyone, there are no "obstacles" whatsoever preventing even morons from getting a hold of them and start manipulating them in various manners. It would only be a matter of time until you stumbled upon the right "one matter" and could replicate all of what the alchemists described. But centuries and centuries passed and none of these misguided seekers found any such thing. Later on the chymists, and still later on, the chemists, also studied and cataloged pretty much every single naturally-occurring substance known to man. They also did not stumble upon anything that matched the descriptions of the alchemists either. That should tell you something about this very obvious ruse. The reason why alchemy is tough to discover is because it is a bit more complex than this. Figuring out how and out of what to make the composite matter (or rather "matters", since there is more than one way of going about this, as several combinations of substances will give positive results) of the alchemists (from which they produce the liquid & solid products used in making the Stone) is what is really difficult, and the stumbling block of the whole thing.

As for your original query: temperature is not the only thing you have to worry about when choosing a proper "lute". You need to consider what the things that you are distilling will do to other substances. For example, beeswax, which works for some things, obviously will not work with substances that attack it or dissolve it (for example, hydrocarbons.) One of the best multipurpose "lutes" is the one recommended by Lavoisier: mixtures of clay and linseed oil until they form a plastic "dough". It will resist the action of many substances, but also has its limitations (for example, substances that dissolve oils will eventually damage such lutes.)

Blog Entries

Mod post

Don't cross post and spew same view point in every single thread.

Use this thread: 'One Matter' - Empiricism & Alchemy - Discerning Truth from Deception

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich
    It works great for me!
    Interesting
    Those photos must be at a pretty low temp then.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Schmuldvich those are some cool pictures. Thanks for posting. How did you get it so black?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Schmuldvich those are some cool pictures. Thanks for posting. How did you get it so black?
    How do you know what "it" is and if it wasn't black in the first place?

Hey Florius Frammel. I always read about the "blacker than black" phase and I just assumed it didn't start out that way. I don't know what it is I am still working that part out. I don't know if it starts out red/black, white, gray, blacker than black or yellow/orange/red or if these are just different stages of the same matter. It's all very confusing. It seems like a big circle.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 10-23-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    How do you know what "it" is and if it wasn't black in the first place?
    He said "But first I suggest to focus on getting your Matter to turn black..." Obviously it must be originally of a different color, otherwise you would not need to look for this color change.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    The same exact way the old Alchemists did, via Putrefaction.

"The Marrow Of Alchemy" says this...

Another text sums it up even better...

"Zoraster's Cave"

"Putrefaction is made by a most Gentle fire hot and moyst, and no other, so that nothing Ascend. Desponsation and Conception is made by a kind putridnesse in the bottom of the vessel."

----

"When in the work blacknesse appears, know that thou hast found the right way of working. Then rejoice, for God has given thee a very Great and pretious Gift."

Roger Bacon asserts the same thing...

"Root Of The World"

"The first work is the reducing the body into water, that is, into mercury. And this the philosophers called dissolution, which is the foundation of the whole art. This dissolution makes the body of an evident liquidity, and absolute subtility; and this is done by a gentle grinding, and a soft and continued assation or digestion."

+ Reply to Thread