Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 14 ... LastLast

Thread: EM's P.S. Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post

Blood collects the universal spirit.
    I agree
    The Modern Alchemist on youtube says Blood touches everything in our body, and either holds inside it, or is a conduit of conscious energy
    I think this is why it's used in so many rituals to focus energy

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    housed in a dark moist place.
    So many sex puns...

Sex is the key

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Sex is the key
    To what?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Not so quick there! Your new revelations are encouraging but I would not confidently say that any material can be used as our Prima Materia.
    If "Prima Materia" is relative, then why can't it be "a matter" as well as "a Principle"?
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    The Modern Alchemist on youtube says Blood touches everything in our body, and either holds inside it, or is a conduit of conscious energy
    I'll agree that it touches everything. Ayurveda philosophy says that blood plasma is the foundation, and "transforms" itself into every tissue type.

But I would disagree that it is the pathway for conscious energy. I think that belongs to the nervous system. Blood pathways can have subconscious energy, if it likes

If "Prima Materia" is relative, then why can't it be "a matter" as well as "a Principle"?
    I wouldn't say that Prima Materia is relative. When used in the context of Alchemy, our Prima Materia is referring to a specific substance. If taking the literal definition of the word, it means 'first matter', which can be used in any given context (but is not relative in any way to our Prima Materia, a nomenclature given to a certain substance in our Art).

Blog Entries
    If the "first matter" can be used in "any given context", then how is the term not relative?

Concerning the blood: when one looks at the oxygen carrying part, the hemoglobin, one might notice it's a very complicated contraption just to carry oxygen.

In my language AIR is called VAZDUH, which is short for VASKOLIKI DUH - the Omnipresent Spirit.

Chlorophyll is not different at all, almost, since it has a Mg atom instead of Fe, as well as a minor structural difference.

Blog Entries
    It's an electron net. This molecular shape is designed to 'catch' certain 'energies'

Now boys, stop dicking me around and just PM me about wether or not the universal solvent in it's seeded form is in fact my Prima Materia . Please.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

If the "first matter" can be used in "any given context", then how is the term not relative?
    Good questions, I was hoping you would keeping prodding further discussion.

Relative, when used as an adjective, means considered in relation or in proportion to something else. Another definition is a thing having a relation to or connection with or necessary dependence on another thing. Our Prima Materia, the substance spoken of by true Sages, is not "relative" to anything else. It simply is what it is regardless of what other things are or could be. So we see that our Prima Materia is a name genuine Alchemists have given to a specific substance identified in their experiments that in no way teeters, falters, or changes when used in another context.

Now, being that "prima materia" is a Latin word, in order to understand what this means in English, we must first translate these two words. Prima means 'first' and materia means 'matter'. When put together and analyzed as a whole, we see that the two words prima and materia come together to form the meaning first matter. Something we use as a starting point for something can be called a first matter. For example, flour is the prima materia of a wedding cake and is in no way contextually or relatively related to our Prima Materia used in our legitimate Alchemy experiments.

Semantics really.

Blog Entries
    Haha well it was really only one question..

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Relative, when used as an adjective, means considered in relation or in proportion to something else.
    Right, I suppose earlier I was using relativity to express multiple perspectives of the same concept -- the idea that the Prima Materia is a physical substance as well as a philosophical one.

I can't remember where I read it, but it's stuck in my head now.

+ Reply to Thread