Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Degrees of Compassion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thoth View Post
    There is the part of giving where one expects gratitude from the recipient, and I wonder am I giving to make me feel good, or because its the correct thing to do........
    Compassion with demands (like wanting gratitude) is pseudo-compassion.

If it feels good that is fine, but not if that is the reason to do it. Then it is pseudo again. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    $10, $100 or $1,000 is not the answer (in my opinion).
    Neither was it the question. The question was is it real compassion if you could give 10 but give only 1? It doesn't matter if money helps or not. It is not about who you are helping or how you are helping, but about fake or real compassion and where the line is drawn.

Last edited by Awani; 11-26-2016 at 02:29 PM.
    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Neither was it the question. The question was is it real compassion if you could give 10 but give only 1? It doesn't matter if money helps or not. It is not about who you are helping or how you are helping, but about fake or real compassion and where the line is drawn.
    O.K... I FINALLY get it!!!!
    We are different, Dev... you are thinking in Ethics (as to give it a name) and I am thinking in the practice (as to give it a name).

You want an ethical answer... the GREATEST value you have is not money, but TIME. Giving cash is VERY easy, such thing doesn't mean that it's worthless, but it's easy.
    They say that "time is money"... but TIME has more value than money.

I know the story of a local lodge,the members of the lodge were moderately wealthy, the story is more than 100 years old. The lodge Master wanted to build a house for orphan kids. He communicated his intentions to the members of the Lodge and everyone said "Oh, fantastic, I can give you X amount of money"... He laughed and said: "I found sponsors, I already have the money to build it, we need builders"... so everyone said: "Oh, I can give X amount of money as to pay the salary of the builders".... he laughed again and said: "No, I don't need money... I am looking for builders... who wants to build the house with me as a volunteer?". Most members of the lodge gave excuses and said that they didn't have the time, that they were not real builders and so on...

But some of them understood the concept and went to build the house... until they completed it. ALL of them had money as to pay the salary of some builders, but that wasn't the point.

The morale of the story is too easy to get, so I won't even explain it... but that's my view of what is REALLY "ethical" and REALLY compassionate: giving your time (no need to build a house, there are several ways to offer your time).

Blog Entries
    I used to struggle with the concept "why give money to a beggar, he might spend it on drugs". But in the past few years this problem has been solved.

Answer here: www.naturalbornalchemist.com/to-give-or-not-to-give

Always when I give money to beggars they want to thank me, and I don't want to fall in the trap that I give to someone so that I will get a reward. I want it to be unconditional. But when I brush their "thank you" away, I might seem like some snobby cunt.

The other day I had some cash on me, and I decided to give it to the local beggar I see outside my supermarket. When I went there his stuff was on the ground, but he wasn't there... probably taking a piss somewhere. I walked to my car, but then I stopped. THIS WAS A PERFECT OPPORTUNITY.

I went back and placed the money in his cup and quickly walked away. I always give paper, never coins... In my opinion always give an amount that is a punch to your wallet otherwise you are a cheap ass cunt looking for a "begging sale". If your gift does not even put a scratch in your pocket, it is not really a gift. It doesn't have that weight.

Anywho, I placed the money in his cup and headed for my car. Now he would not even know who gave it to him. This felt pure. As I was driving away I saw the beggar emerge from a nearby forest... he had gone for a piss. Mission accomplished.

So now I got to stalk them. I got to sit and wait, and watch... and when they leave to do some business, that is the time to strike.

Try it.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread