Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gospel of Judas

Blog Entries

Gospel of Judas

Full text (PDF)

The Gnostic texts are very interesting, and this particular gospel is especially fascinating and I can't believe I haven't posted about it before.

Here are a few highlights that I think are very interesting:

When Jesus appeared on earth, he performed miracles and great wonders for the salvation of humanity. And since some [walked] in the way of righteousness while others walked in their transgressions, the twelve disciples were called. He began to speak with them about the mysteries beyond the world and what would take place at the end. Often he did not appear to his disciples as himself, but he was found among them as a child.

Jesus said... "...For to the human generations it has been said, ‘Look, God has received your sacrifice from the hands of a priest’—that is, a minister of error. But it is the Lord, the Lord of the universe, who commands, ‘On the last day they will be put to shame.’"

Jesus said, “The souls of every human generation will die. When these people, however, have completed the time of the kingdom and the spirit leaves them, their bodies will die but their souls will be alive, and they will be taken up.”

Jesus said, “[Come], that I may teach you about [secrets] no person [has] ever seen. For there exists a great and boundless realm, whose extent no generation of angels has seen, [in which] there is [a] great invisible [Spirit]... ...the enlightened divine Self-Generated..."
    If you are looking for an alternative word for God then The Enlightened Divine Self-Generated is a pretty good option.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Of course..hes talking about the realm of barbelo, the land of light where the aeons and the pure spirit race descends from and must return through spiritual transmutation of the soul. Behold! the exit from this world is the same as the entrance! Praise be to Yesseus Mazareus the savior of the light race!
    Last edited by ArcherSage; 12-02-2016 at 10:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Barbell

Yes, Barbelo is 'the great womb' of which was born the WORD. To reach Barbelo is to reach the Father, of which the only WAY through, is the Son, for His Kingdoms exist "in front of" or "below" the realm of Barbelo. In other words, not only is Christ conciousness required, but also to be selected or better word 'elected' for the ordinance of Godhood which occurs in the bridal chamber. Only these very select few are invited to perform the greatest works of the Divine, which most certainly occurs within the realm of Barbelo, for it's is numberless, completely unlimited and eternal.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

I love the gnostic version of the redemption of the light race, its almost like the beings of fire/light are trapped in this material world and so God sends his son to incarnate this world to show his fellow beings of light the way out of this prison. I personally believe the holy spirit has inhabited and taken many different forms throughout history and guided those who seek for the exit. I am currently writing a book about this topic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherSage View Post
    I am currently writing a book about this topic.
    Cool. I am (and have) kind of also.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Well shit, I want to write one too now..

Lol
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries

Unhappy

to you it is given to know that which pertains to the kingdom, to these it is not given...
    Our Lord is the CornerStone, of which all stones are conferred.

I have made my own practical experimentation with The Holy Spirit. I'm am happy to share my experience through a private request (if the stone is to be sacredly protected, how much more The Holy Spirit of God)

The Gospel of Judus is more (IMO) an auxiliary text to the more platform 'Pistis Sophia'

The Gnostic breakdown:
    ...to be continued...
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

I love the gnostic version of the redemption of the light race, its almost like the beings of fire/light are trapped in this material world and so God sends his son to incarnate this world to show his fellow beings of light the way out of this prison. I personally believe the holy spirit has inhabited and taken many different forms throughout history and guided those who seek for the exit. I am currently writing a book about this topic.
    The Gospel of Judas is very clearly Sethian. I like Sethianism, but my mad love is for Valentinean Gnosticism.
    The book sounds interesting if you compare who are the Elected among different rites (both modern and primitive... Greek Mystery rites... Sethianism, Ophites, Valentinean, Yezzidi, Parsi, Manichean, Mandaeism... and then Cathar, Druze, etc).

Blog Entries
    Praise be to Yesseus Mazareus the savior of the light race!
    Some off-pulpit inquiries:

What other races are there, besides the 'light race'? (perhaps you could make a list of all the races?)

Do the other races also have their respective saviors?

And who is 'Mazareus'? What's the etymology of this word/name?

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Some off-pulpit inquiries:

What other races are there, besides the 'light race'? (perhaps you could make a list of all the races?)

Do the other races also have their respective saviors?
    If you stick to traditional Sethian Gnosticism, the races are three: the race of Cain, the race of Abel and the race of Seth (a.k.a. the light race).
    Or to be more accurate:
    Cainites
    Abelites
    Sethians

These three races don't seem to follow a "racist" theory in the Sethian texts, but they appear more like initiation grades. Though the idea seems to have been somehow borrowed from previous sources which worked with VERY similar ideas and were the "races" were certainly biological (i.e, the Yezzidi tradition, the Parsi tradition).

If you follow a strict Sethian vision, then the Cainites and the Abelites won't be saved.

P.S, another obvious influence is Plato and his famous threefold division of mankind in rulers (Philosophers), Warriors and Peasants/workers.

Valentinean Gnosticism, which was certainly influenced by Sethian Gnosticism (Sethinism precedes Valentine's Gnosis) ket the threefold division and it became Hylists/Somatics - Psychics - Pneumatics.

In the Christian Gnostic Systems the "races" played an important role, but they were not really "biological" races. I.e, in Sethianism this is a bit confusing, in Valentinean Gnosticism it's very clear that they are somehow different levels of initiation.

Though the Gnostic systems followed in most cases the idea of reincarnation, so if you have not attained your salvation during your life, it wasn't a "game over", but mostly like an "insert another coin and play again".
    Last edited by zoas23; 12-03-2016 at 01:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread