Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gospel of Judas

Female and male spirits united into one as they originally were, however this has nothing to do with the physical sexes. You can have a man with a feminine spirit who loves another man with a masculine spirit. The syzygy is the re union of the balance that was broken, however BOTH individuals must be balanced with both energies for it to work properly. Adam and Eve WERE a syzygy before the separation, thus the return to Eden is through restoring the imbalance. You can have that balance within yourself, however I believe the journey is only possible through more than one spirit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherSage View Post
    You can have that balance within yourself, however I believe the journey is only possible through more than one spirit.
    Spirit having a 'gender' makes no sense to me personally, however:

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Stumbled upon this concept that I really liked:

Two Spirit is a modern umbrella term used by some indigenous North Americans to describe certain spiritual people - gay, lesbian, bisexual and gender-variant individuals - in their communities...

SOURCE
    So-called 'Two-Spirited' people are indeed considered 'sacred' in various indigenous traditions, however, I see Spirit as already 'complete' in and of itself. It's the 'superfluities' that make it look/appear like having certain specific attributes (gender being one of them), such as genetics blocking certain aspects from being expressed and enhancing the expression of other aspects, etc...

PS: What was that Gnostic Gospel where Mr. J says that the male has to be made like the female and the female like the male? (or else - no kingdom of heaven for you!)
    Last edited by Andro; 12-04-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    PS: What was that Gnostic Gospel where Mr. J says that the male has to be made like the female and the female like the male? (or else - no kingdom of heaven for you!)
    That would be "The Gospel of Thomas" - Naghammadi Library (One of my favourite sections of gnostic literature and definatly some great hunting grounds for alchemical understandings)

Spirit having a 'gender' makes no sense to me personally, however:
    If it is not the spirit which en-genders an individual.. what is it then?

I personally think that it is the spirit that en-genders, while it is the soul that has the ability to define its own sexual orientation, hence some of the 'anomalies'
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    “When you make the two into one, and make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and so make the male and the female a single one so that the male won’t be male nor the female female; when you make eyes in the place of an eye, a hand in the place of a hand, a foot in the place of a foot, and an image in the place of an image; then you’ll enter [the kingdom]." - Gospel of Thomas

Spirit has no gender, as far at the "two spirit" concept I think that is speaking of spirit in another term... I am a spirit here on Earth, but when I die I will be a higher/different spirit. So in the infinite cosmos I have no gender, but here on Earth I can be a two-spiritor not.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    If it is not the spirit which en-genders an individual.. what is it then?
    Genetics.

it is the soul that has the ability to define its own sexual orientation
    The 'soul' has no gender or sexual orientation either. It's the body that does. It's common to anthropomorphize other planes of 'reality', projecting our own physically incarnated qualities upon them.

hence some of the 'anomalies'
    What some call 'anomalies' may well be the next step in human evolution and/or spiritual awakening. See the X-Men example...

Who's to tell? Time, I guess... and certainly not some books or consensus/majoritarian definitions of what is an 'anomaly' and what is 'normal'...

And by the way (without implying anything in particular), 'elites' or 'initiates', no matter in what area, are ALWAYS a minority. The rest just stick with what they've been fed and merely parrot it forwards.

I think Mr. J did a very good job in conveying some very deep and potentially transforming/illuminating messages/rotes. IF he indeed existed historically, I can see why he was perceived as a 'danger'. MAJOR threat to the Status-Quo. And things haven't changed much in this regard... if at all... The large majority never really 'gets' it and instead comes up with all sorts of rationalizations and mental fabrications, masquerading as Understanding.

IMO.

PS:

hence some of the 'anomalies'
    Speaking of which - Mr J. was quite an 'anomaly' himself... Perhaps even BOTH Js (Jesus & Judas) . . . Who knows, maybe they were even very close...

---------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 12-04-2016 at 03:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    “When you make the two into one, and make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and so make the male and the female a single one so that the male won’t be male nor the female female; when you make eyes in the place of an eye, a hand in the place of a hand, a foot in the place of a foot, and an image in the place of an image; then you’ll enter [the kingdom]." - Gospel of Thomas
    Thanks. I was looking for this for some time, but couldn't locate it...

1. The Bridal Chamber is the last of the sacraments and the most important one.

2. Some interpretations lead to the idea that TWO physical person are involved in this "wedding", some other interpretations lead to the idea that only ONE physical person is involved in this wedding (I support this second opinion).

3. One of the best sources is the Gospel of Philip: http://gnosis.org/naghamm/gop.html

4. Christian Gnosticism was very anthropomorphic... same thing goes for other *rites* which were its contemporaries (i.e, Hermeticism).

5. The idea is that the fall kept the IMAGE, but not the likeness... the Image gets married with the Likeness (of God). The Likeness is represented as an entity of the opposite sex (not a physical entity in my opinion).

6. The aim of the "wedding" is, as described by Philip, that the "person is no longer a Christian but a Christ."

+ Reply to Thread