Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: EM's Grimory

Blog Entries
    So.... Who is a spirit that has a great reputation for being particularly friendsly and easy to work with for beginners?

Also, I think someone mentioned recieving "gifts"

Is it actually possible to recieve a physical item from the spirits?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    So.... Who is a spirit that has a great reputation for being particularly friendsly and easy to work with for beginners?

Also, I think someone mentioned recieving "gifts"

Is it actually possible to recieve a physical item from the spirits?
    If you are really going to mess with this stuff....ask...the Key Word here
    is ASK... Archangel Michael.... FOR HIS ASSISTANCE and PROTECTION.

It can be very easy to get trapped and tricked into the dark arts !!!

Blog Entries
    My time in wvocstional magic will be short lived. I intend to move 'through' the practise on my way to kabbalistic stuidies ehich is where I will dedicate myself.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    not nonsense Sirrah
    alot of magicians witches ive met are very on edge

aye so my point about being very shrewd and contemplating about what exactly a spirit is and what exactly a magician is doing
    or is that nonsense unless you say it ?...

so proving my advice right about being very shrewd, thanks

you've never had kids have you, they dont always do what you say (who would had thought), and are very curious
    hence the advice on living alone to minimise risk

ive seen examples of family's suffering for what the unprepared magician does
    and as previously stated i am no expert
    but as you obviously are (i seriously doubt) you can enlighten us all
    where does the real power lie in magic Sirrah ?
    its one word...

you called my post nonsense then proceed to explain how
    there is danger and how your life is affected whether you like it or not

kinda like the point in my nonsense post...
    As you say you are no expert. I find it a little absurd having this same old tired debate about ritual magic on an Alchemy forum so I will try to be concise. I have never met anyone who has practised ritual magic and has subsequently gone mad or spent significant time living in fear. The opposite in fact, most occultists who practice some sort of magic do so to solve problems and become more empowered and less fearful. Ethics aside they gradually develop the ability to aid or injure other people and help themselves. When I used the word danger it was relating to the difficulty to leave the occult once embarked upon in a lifetime nothing more. Yes I have had children and I don’t think your last quote in your post was by me.

I really don’t think you have any idea of what you are talking about because as you identify you have no direct personal experience. Therefore the use of the term sirrah to denote you are speaking to a person who is younger or of lower status ( this is that terms meaning) is at best inappropriate. You have no actual experience of the thing you judge and proclaim about (magic) so how can you denote you are more ‘senior’ with the term sirrah? Your lack of understanding about evocation is shown by asking if a person can be evoked and being unable to engage with the response I provided about that. These kinds of debates follow a general pattern and once again we have a broad prounouncement or challenging question as sweeping and general as possible. The answer to your question about were the real power in magic resides is perhaps the one useful thing you have accidentally facilitated here: The emerald tablet of hermes provides the key you require Kibric, you will find it valuable in both Magic and Alchemy I think.

Looking through this thread and others I note what seems to be a degree of alarm and fear about magic from some contributors. Phrases like the dark arts, magicians living in fear, the unprepared magician etc etc. It’s a bit like some cheesy show on the discovery channel. I’m more interested in Alchemy on this forum so unless directly asked about magic or it has specific relevance I will refrain. I’m not interested in upsetting people or trying to argue against fear and prejudice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    My time in wvocstional magic will be short lived. I intend to move 'through' the practise on my way to kabbalistic stuidies ehich is where I will dedicate myself.
    The two can be used together quite well, evocation and kabbalah. It's quite common as a practice to evoke or invoke the Spirits which govern each Sephira. And what better place to start learning about Kabbalah?
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    The answer to your question about were the real power in magic resides
    its blood, any witch worth they're salt knows that

I really don’t think you have any idea of what you are talking about
    ditto

Your lack of understanding about evocation is shown by asking if a person can be evoked and being unable to engage with the response I provided about that.
    i said i am not an expert

as you identify you have no direct personal experience.
    i said i am not an expert , not that i have had no direct personal experience

The opposite in fact, most occultists who practice some sort of magic do so to solve problems and become more empowered and less fearful.
    a few post ago your going on about how Enochian magic can make you mad
    I should mention that there are some magical orders that completely prohibit Enochian magic because it has a reputation of causing insanity ( get locked in a psychiatric hospital type insanity). I know or have known about 20 or so guys who have done prolonged Enochian magic, one was actually a diagnosed bi-polar.
    anyway we have had vastly different experiences with witches

These kinds of debates follow a general pattern and once again we have a broad prounouncement or challenging question as sweeping and general as possible
    My point was caution when travelling down this road
    and having a shrewd attitude, something you called nonsense in a broad pronouncement

Phrases like the dark arts, magicians living in fear, the unprepared magician etc etc. It’s a bit like some cheesy show on the discovery channel
    no just advice on being cautious and shrewd in your approach
    if you think its fear mongering thats your knee jerk reaction to it
    Last edited by Kibric; 11-03-2017 at 03:42 AM. Reason: not needed, not worth it

Blog Entries
    Axis I highly value your opinions in regards to this esoteric artform. Practical experience will always pay a more valuable contribution than theoretical understandings. I suppose many do have a fearful attitude towards it; perhaps with some good reasons; Even Bardon briefly touches on the fact that it can be dangerous. However; you can't make an ommelette without breaking a few eggs and you can't learn alchemy without getting hit with nosefulls of acetic acid either. Every job we do has its inherent dangers, which brings me to back on track of the questions I have

What is the simplest and easiest spirit to call forth?
    Is it actualy possible to be 'given' a physical object or is that rediculous?

Blog Entries
    I also would have thought that one of the things I would do in 'staying safe' is not getting into arguments with experienced Sorcerers who could effectivly fuck with me from lo ng distance.

but thats just me...

Blog Entries

Magic wands

"The wand chooses the wizard Harry"

Does a magic wand have to be made of wood? Can I use metal?

It makes a bit more sense to me to make wands from their corresponding metal rather than wood, metal is conductive. It is a more raw manifestation of the spheres. Can also be more durable.

What do you guys use?

+ Reply to Thread