Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

Closed Thread

Thread: Reliable, philosophical sources of Theurgical principals

Blog Entries

Reliable, philosophical sources of Theurgical principals

Hello everyone,

When it comes to my alchemical practise, nothing has been of greater assistance, and helped me to make leaps and bounds in my understanding of the underlying philosophical principals of out art, than the never ending efforts of people such as Salazius, Andro, GL (and others) to forever be a reminder to SEEK TO UNDERSTAND THE PHILOSOPHY, NOT THE RECIPES.

Re-addressing my outlook of Alchemy to fit somewhat closer to this tried and true method, I have been able to finally understand the (basic) method for The Stone, and a much greater understanding as to WHY I would want it in the first place.

Having felt this great acceleration of growth through seeking deeper philosophical understandings, I now wish to review the way I look at magic, so far I am basically copying 'recipes' from people who are, for the most part, and for a long time now, dead.

QUESTION: What source material into ritualistic or Theurgical practice, focuses more on the underlying philosophical nature of magic, rather than a 'do this - do that' because of A B C.

I want to UNDERSTAND magic, so that I can create my own form that feels right for me...
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Matthew 7:7, works for me...don't ask anyone in particular, it's the intension that matters.

Ghislain

Edit: Just a side note...I'm not religious.

Blog Entries
    I recommend at least these two:

The Mysticism of Sound and Music by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Sefer Yetzirah: The Book of Creation in Theory and Practice by Aryeh Kaplan

They've helped me better than any.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Closed Thread