Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Chicago

Talking Hello from Chicago

Hello everyone, my name is Stephen and I'm from Chicago. As a young boy, I experienced first hand how a person I knew was able to engage with a spirit and have the spirit speak through this person, on demand. That episode and a few others involving the same person started me down the esoteric path. Early on, I started with basic numerology and astrology but then as adult life took over, lost touch with where my higher self wanted me to go. Over the last few years after my best friend passed away, I somehow started reconnecting with what I have always believed to be my true interest. I started meditating but it was episodic at best and kept reading almost everywhere how an adept/teacher was needed to truly make progress. So I started asking for help in this area and as they say, when the student is ready the teacher arrives and I believe the same has happened to me but for me the teacher is not just a person but also a forum like this with like-minded individuals all striving for the same end goal. Many of you are already adepts and I will do my best to be a good initiate. Recently, I've started acquiring lab equipment with the expectation to start experimenting.

Also, I want to thank dev for allowing me to become a member of this esteemed forum and also for the privilege of being able to discuss my observations, comments and questions with an esteemed group of adepts. Finally, as I post on these forums you'll notice that sometimes my language is much stronger than I intend it to be (I'm learning) so please be gentle

Stephen

Blog Entries
    Welcome.

I edited your post because we use our usernames here only if we speak about others.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Welcome!

What experiments do you plan on undertaking first?

Blog Entries
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    sometimes my language is much stronger than I intend it to be
    What do you mean by "strong language"?

Thanks dev and Schmuldvich.

I was originally planning on creating an Ens out of Lemon Balm but have been told that it's good to do this within 1-2 days of picking fresh leaves vs. using dried leaves. Given that's it's the middle of winter in Chicago, getting fresh Lemon Balm leaves might be problematic unless I was in Southern Florida where this presumably is the perfect time to grow Lemon Balm. Given my predicament, I am considering (3) options:

(1) Blue Spruce needles - easy to find
    (2) Aloe extract - easy to buy the plant
    (3) Use dried Lemon Balm for my initial set of experiments.

I'm waiting on some of the lab equipment and parts to arrive so have some time to think through what makes sense given my zero experience

If anyone has suggestions, I'm willing to consider those as well.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Welcome!

What do you mean by "strong language"?

Thanks Andro. Strong as in opinionated

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    Thanks Andro. Strong as in opinionated
    Everyone has opinions. Just make sure to present them as what they are: OPINIONS

(i.e. not as "THE TRUTH")

Also please make sure to ATTENTIVELY read our Rules & Guidelines Announcement, our Rules & Guidelines Section as well as ALL the 'sticky' threads in the Site Related Section.

Reading all those sections will make forum orientation much easier and it will answer many logistical questions.

(Questions that are already answered in the above sections will not be answered again on the forum or in PM)

Enjoy your stay!
    Last edited by Andro; 12-20-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums, Aham.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Thanks Kiorionis

Welcome Aham!!

+ Reply to Thread