Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In Sync

Blog Entries

In Sync

This is a spin-off thread, continued from HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    The idea of "being in sync with the Universe" was taken from "On Dreams" by Philo of Alexandria (he described 3 types of dreams... the most usual ones are the ones that happen when a person is in sync with himself, and they are the most typical dreams. The second type are the dreams that happen when a person is in sync with the universe, the dreams become symbolic and prophetic. The third type happens when a person is in sync with God, in that case the dreams are true revelations... funny, the works of Philo are very much like the words of Plato: there are no lost books, with the exception of the part in which he describes a dream of a person who is in sync with God... the only thing that got lost.
    I like the ''Sync-Scale" - Self, Universe, God...

A lot can be derived from this, concerning the "scalar' nature of perceived reality, up to Reality itself...

I haven't read the above mentioned books, but have a lot of personal/direct experiences to "compensate"

I think this can be a fascinating topic to discuss here. I will add my own thoughts and insights later...

Blog Entries
    I'm in sync a lot (especially when it comes to synchronicities), but have little proof so I decided to finally write down every time a "sync" happens, and this is something I had planned to do for 20 years... but when I began doing this the syncs decreased significantly. This is "proof" that the "paranormal" does not like to be proven. As soon as you start using science it scares it away for some reason. Now I know what some might think: this is proof that it does not hold up to scientific scrutiny.

Not at all, because I know what I know and have experienced... but when I try to document it, it consciously it goes away for some reason. Maybe it is due to the fact that I place too much conscious thought on the "thing"... which is a paradox since it lives in the subconscious.

As for those 3 kinds of dreams zoas23 mentioned I have had all three; although self-dreams a lot, universe-dreams now and again and god-dreams rarely. The most common dream for me is the play-dream where I am on some epic adventure of Hollywood CGI blockbuster proportions, but these can be very tiring.

The idea of "being in sync with the Universe" was taken from "On Dreams" by Philo of Alexandria...
    Here is the text:
    Last edited by Awani; 12-31-2016 at 01:00 PM. Reason: add links

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    What your discribing is, in the gnostic view, called fate. I believe we ALL experience this, even low conciousness atheists still feel like some things 'were meant to be' but usually, spiritually minded people are just more aware of it happening and make more comments about it but I would say that it's not anything to 'get in tune with'.

Do we not all have good days and bad days?

Do we not all meet people who have certain qualities that assist us?

Do we not all, even if an atheist, still feel a sense of purpose (or lack there of) which is either complimented by or hindered by, external(internal) events and circumstance.

And then instead of just seeing it for what it is, magnetics, we start to break it up into grades, over analyse the shit out of it and before long we'll be having a conversation about how gays are more in sync them the illuminati.

I do, however, feel that the subject of fate is a very interesting conversation.

Do you think we are born, on a roughly organised path, or that we create our own fate? Or perhaps, similar to the eastern feng shui philosophies, that our fate is a mix of, timing of birth, environment, and life choices.

It is my opinion that it is somewhat like the easterners have suggested, an 'a + b + c = z' type situation.

What I mean to say, as an example:.. It was 'in the cards' that I would become a member of alchemy forums (for sure) and it may be fated that I become friends with someone one day.

But maybe it's not, in which case, friendship will be something I'll have to desire and work toward, as opposed to having it just drop in my lap (lab lol) which if it is fated, then they will drop in whether I consciously manifested it or not.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Problem is it cannot be proven. I cannot go back in time and do something else instead, so I can compare.

However direct experience cannot be questioned and for me what has been said is "true". Having been a cynic, atheist and materialistic addict I know - when I compare myself to my current mumbo-jumbo Messiah state - that to be in tune makes all the difference.

Matthew 19:14 [NIV]: "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Puberty is the corruption, and death, of the spirit. Also necessary because as it says in the Gospel of Philip, you got to "first receive the resurrection while you live, or when you die you will receive nothing.” [quote paraphrased]

If the circumstances are normal:

Children see magic. Children live in the present. Children, at least the very young, have unconditional love.

If we can be like a Child and yet be old men and women, then we will achieve all the glory of the world - and penetrate all solids.

Last edited by Awani; 01-03-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Oooo I like the 'Puberty' allegory.

Ive recently had a change in spiritual attitudes towards 'ascension'

I believe that this OBE Mastery is the beginnings of a true ascension, of true, initiated, salvation.

In that respect, being able to SYNC your frequency to different levels is the aim of the game (I think?)

Ive taken upon myself to become a student of Dr. Franz Lomer (I got two people mixed together here, I found some great books and have become a student of Franz Bardon, and also a good set of letters from Dr. Georg Lomer, two very distinct people), I believe his (Franz Bardon) "Initiation into hermetics" is an absolute MUST READ for anyone wanting to , not only increase there vibrational output, but to utilise these higher forms of state for the benefit of the growth of the individual.

I take back what I said saying that its not something that 'we have to tune in with', because really we do, and can, actively arrive at more harmonious states with correct attention and action. I think the point I was trying to make before, is that no-one escapes the need of this vibrational flux and its influence on our day to day lives, because we are all submersed in it. And atheists often find ways to become harmonised with their surroundings (3D reality), and this being the point, that a self confessed adept, could hardly think it a great achievement to become harmoniously in tune with what is a world of heavy metal songs. A true adept (IMO) MUST seek harmonisation on a higher realm.

The saying "Being considered healthy in what is a deeply sick society is no form of health at all" comes to mind. (David Icke)
    Last edited by elixirmixer; 01-04-2017 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added comments about author mistakes
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

I too write down my sync experiences, some call it Deja Vu etc..I see numerical patterns all the time. Being in sync with the universe is the Hermetic law of rhythm, the rhythm is synchronicity.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    What your discribing is, in the gnostic view, called fate.
    The classical gnostic schools, both Christian and Pagan, somehow DESPISED the notion of "fate".

i.e, the Chadean Oracles clearly say "You should not increase your fate".

The idea of "fate" was always VERY linked to the Demiurge.

The idea of Fate is interesting in classical Hellenism... the notion was that "you can't escape from your fate" (the tale of Oedipus) was mostly giving this teaching, even the "wisest man" was subject to fate, he could not escape from it. Also the three Fates (Moirai) were the daughters of Constraint (Ananke). The "classical hellenic Greek" civilization was a very fatalist one.

The Romans translated this concept as "fatum"... which is the origin of the word "Fatality". The whole Gnostic concept was quite anti-hellenistic in that sense... the MAIN idea was to escape from this "Fatality", which was created by the Demiurge.

I take SOME Sync experiences as little escapes from this Fatality.

Blog Entries
    the MAIN idea was to escape from this "Fatality", which was created by the Demiurge.
    Fuck the Demiurge! LOL

"No fate but what we make."
    - 'Terminator' movie

Blog Entries
    I dont know how many times the words 'fate' and 'destiny' come up in Pistis Sophia, but its a lot, and yes I believe it is connected to the demiurge.

That the demi-gods were controlling certain aspects of our lives (well, all of them) except for 'choice' which is our role. To choose.

+ Reply to Thread