Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alchemy Congress

Blog Entries

Cool Alchemy Congress

For the past 5 years we have had the Alchemy Congress four times.

First in Paris, and then the rest in Amsterdam. Each time there has been different activities and themes, also different people (but mostly the same crowd).

Here are the groups photos of these gatherings:

We also usually have some sort of ceremony involving some form of psychedelic. Initially I did this because I wanted to share my own awesome experiences with others... and then the annual practice of doing this during the Congress was done, eventually, out of habit/tradition.

I take psychedelic/sacred plant-work very seriously. I also do not feel comfortable doing it with people who do not feel the same way. I am certainly not saying that this is the case with everyone that has attended these Congresses over time... but there is "some" of this I feel.

The path I am on is very important to me... if I did not walk on this path I would either be dead, insane or in prison. I cannot waste the little precious time I have catering to psychedelic tourism. That is not my calling.

And please, no one that has attended in the past need to feel singled out, or that I am complaining about YOU in particular... this is about me. I simply don't feel comfortable with it any longer.

Although I do not have an issue with meeting someone 1-on-1, or even a small group of 3 people or so, if all involved feel the same as me - then I can host a little ceremony (send me a PM, but if I have not already met you, or had a long-term relationship with you online, then don't bother).

When I have done such small gatherings in the past, with close friends, it has always been amazing. Much more "breakthrough" than what I view the results of any ceremony done during these official Congress gatherings.

For these reasons there will not be another Alchemy Congress in the format that has so far been existing. Somewhat of a shame since I have actually noticed an increase in interest (PM, Email etc).

------------------------------------------------

However...

If we have an Alchemy Congress without psychedelics I am game.

Although it will not be hosted by me (frankly I "host" too many things and got to draw the line somewhere), so someone else will have to be the host. I simply do not have the time.

Currently I am producing a weekly podcast, editing a documentary, writing a few books and some other projects, building up a non-profit organisation from the ground up, going to work, making some music projects, starting my University studies and raising a daughter. I'm also active in this forum (but that is usually during breaks from all the other stuff). I am doing a few other things as well that I refrain from mentioning here.

So if anyone wants to host Alchemy Congress number five please stand-up!

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Dev, is the congress invite only?

What time of year is congress?

What are the happenings of such a congress?

How do I make DMT? lol
    Last edited by elixirmixer; 01-05-2017 at 01:07 AM. Reason: spelling
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Is the congress invite only? = you have to apply

What time of year is congress? = it depends on the year

What are the happenings of such a congress? = networking, sharing alchemy wisdom, talks, podcasting, sightseeing, psychedelic ceremony (in the past), discussions like in the forum, but live etc.

How do I make DMT? = it makes you

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Dev, I believe the Congress has been in held in Amsterdam for a couple of reasons. However, if there is a congress in 2017 in Amsterdam, I would definitely like to attend (work schedule willing).

All right...I'll step up and host one.
    Since I'm in Australia...mine doesn't have to be the official Alchemy Forums Conference 2017,
    but rather the "Down Under" version.

I got a large house with 4 bedrooms each with double beds, a balcony with space for a tent (kind of a 5th room) and plenty of backyard space for a few tents. The house has 2 bathrooms, 2 toilets, massive kitchen, and plenty of room. I'll have to charge $10-$15 per person per day though, just to cover expenses such as hot water, electricity, laundry and cleaning.

For time...I guess early spring would be best... September or October depending what suits people better. Maybe aim for a 4 day conference.

Activities...since I never been do an Amsterdam conference, I don't even know what you guys normally do. I can do a sea water precipitate demo, and vacuum distillation demo. Maybe we can do an expedition to the local wilderness to find some local plants and do a spagyric extraction.

Alcohol consumption is ok.....other substances ok I guess, as long as kept on the low down.
    Unlike Dev though I don't want any psychedelic ceremonies or consumption.
    Only because if someone has a psychotic episode, it'll fuck it up for everyone, and get police and emergency services involved, which I would definately like to avoid.

Having the police turn up for fireworks disturbances though is no problem for me.
    So if you have fireworks, or know how to make them......then bring em along!!
    Heck, I'll settle for just a few loud bangs...surely some of you know how to make black powder.

Looking forward to see if there's any interest. Maybe Mr ElixirMixer won't mind making the drive to Southern NSW.
    ==================================
    "Show me a stone which can cure cancer in 1 week,
    and I care not whether it transmute base metal to gold."

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto alchemist View Post
    All right...I'll step up and host one.
    Since I'm in Australia...mine doesn't have to be the official Alchemy Forums Conference 2017,
    but rather the "Down Under" version.

I got a large house with 4 bedrooms each with double beds, a balcony with space for a tent (kind of a 5th room) and plenty of backyard space for a few tents. The house has 2 bathrooms, 2 toilets, massive kitchen, and plenty of room. I'll have to charge $10-$15 per person per day though, just to cover expenses such as hot water, electricity, laundry and cleaning.

For time...I guess early spring would be best... September or October depending what suits people better. Maybe aim for a 4 day conference.

Activities...since I never been do an Amsterdam conference, I don't even know what you guys normally do. I can do a sea water precipitate demo, and vacuum distillation demo. Maybe we can do an expedition to the local wilderness to find some local plants and do a spagyric extraction.

Alcohol consumption is ok.....other substances ok I guess, as long as kept on the low down.
    Unlike Dev though I don't want any psychedelic ceremonies or consumption.
    Only because if someone has a psychotic episode, it'll fuck it up for everyone, and get police and emergency services involved, which I would definately like to avoid.

Having the police turn up for fireworks disturbances though is no problem for me.
    So if you have fireworks, or know how to make them......then bring em along!!
    Heck, I'll settle for just a few loud bangs...surely some of you know how to make black powder.

Looking forward to see if there's any interest. Maybe Mr ElixirMixer won't mind making the drive to Southern NSW.
    Black powder, flash powders (even the unusual sulfate-based ones!), Berge's blasting powder (a curious and relatively "safe" composition for a chlorate-based explosive; it can explode like black powder or detonate like dynamite, depending on how it is initiated: if you set it off with a fuse it behaves like a low explosive, but if you set it off with a detonator/blasting cap it behaves like a high explosive), Hafenegger-type explosives, nitrocellulose, ammonium nitrate... I've experimented with all these in the past to get extra "bangs" for New Year's and 4th of July celebrations. It is one of my passions, besides alchemy & "chymistry". But ever since I discovered the empirical reality of transmutation, my efforts have been mostly in that field, explosives have taken a distant second place.

That's it JDP...you've just sold me.
    I'll lock in the "Down Under" Alchemy Forums Conference 2017 for the 2nd-6th November. (Thurs-Mon)
    The 5th November is a Sunday....Guy Faulkes Day!

Thurs 2 Nov- everyone start to arrive. BBQ dinner
    Fri 3 Nov - alchemy/chemistry demonstrations from participants + tour of local tourist attractions
    Sat 4 Nov - expedition to surrounding forest to forage for plants + arrive back and perform extractions
    Sun 5 Nov- daytime -> prepare fireworks | night-time -> bonfire + lighting of fireworks (maybe burn an effigy of someone unpopular)
    Mon 6 Nov departure

Put it in your diaries everyone. Hope to see your smiling faces.
    JDP if you cant make it yourself (highly likely since you're far away), maybe you can give some technical support.
    Last edited by ghetto alchemist; 01-14-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    Alchemy demonstrations, wild forest missions and home made explosives. I'm in
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    How many Aussie Alchemists do we have here probably not that many...

Great! I was hoping you'd be up for the trip ElixerMixer.
    There's a couple of others from Australia, but they're not very active.

For anyone who wants to book plane/train or bus tickets....if you arrange travel to and from Canberra then I'll be able to arrange the rest.

+ Reply to Thread