Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What not to do: DMT Extraction

Blog Entries

What not to do: DMT Extraction

SO I had taken up the challenge to experience a potent hallucinogenic while seeking a state of deep relaxation and mediation, in the dark. (As opposed to the typical party hype.)

mr-bean-rowan-atkinson-back-to-school-chemistry-lab-explosion.jpg

Collected ingredients, had a quick squiz at the procedure, had everything I needed and went ahead with an acid-base alkaloid extraction using HCI, NaOH, and Ether as the non-polar solvent. Big mistake.

While ether would 'Theoretically' work due to it being a non-polar solvent, there are a few things that make it less than ideal.

For one, VERY low boiling point, using ether on a hot summers day is less than practical, not to mention that HCL and NaOH have an exothermic reaction (it give off a lot of heat)

The ether was boiling as soon as it hit the mix. I basically panicked, thinking that I was going to lose my precious ether befoer I had had time to do the extraction, so I wanted to get things rolling. I put the lid on and shook it up....

chemicalexplosion2.jpg

I do soarly regret it of course, and I am lucky to have many guardian angels (I obviously need them) because even though I had acid and ether go all over me and my face and eyes ect... I managed to escape any injure except for a lot of ichyness and a small mild burn on my right eyelid.

Do not play with ether, its stupid. Ether is so unbelievably volatile, which would be fine, if it wasn't so explosive, bad for the lungs, and unpredictable.

I truly am lucky that it did not ignite.

Back to the DMT extraction... I had what I think is very low success.

I did manage to crystallise something out of my naptha (I went and drove to the next town and got some naptha after the ether explosion)

But it appeared to be the complete opposite of what I was looking for, crystals sharding inward from around an edge, rather than outward. They were also pretty cubic little bastards.

So I smoked that just to check what it was (hahaha just joking, you totally thought I would, didn't you )

I tried again using a different method. Metho, NaOH, Naptha.

I then tried 'de-fatting', and yet the fats did not separate.

All in all, you can tell, i've had a shit day.

LESSONS I HAVE LEARNT!:

1: Fuck Ether.

2. Measure your acids, filling a beaker with 400ml of acid, means your going to have 1ltr before its back to basic.

3. Make sure that the chemicals they send you are actually what you ordered (I have a scientific regent bottle of sodium Hydoxide, not even react with HCL (WTF!?) intend to get a refund on that bottle.

4. Don't try to be cool, and wing it on the recipes, there could be unforceen forces at play, that you are not considering.

5. "Pride comes before a fall." Now I'm not suggesting that I'm not way cooler than the rest of you, because I obviously am, but maybe I shouldn't rub it in so much

6. Listen to Zoas23 sometimes.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

7. USE CORRECT SCIENTIFIC METHOD. Do the calculations. Measure out your chems prior to beginning the experiment. Consider your emergency protocols. Take time to eliminate risks. Use your PPE, or Jesus, whichever you prefer. Write notes, AND the method. Writing out the method gives you more opportunity to eliminate mistakes.

I do have something evaporating now, im not very confident in it, but we'll see what happens....

Until next time kids
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    I think that the main two factors for this failure, is,

1. The plant may not contain the alkaloids at this time of year.

2. That the Aussie "Zippo" brand, is not naptha, it is in fact a collection of petroleum distillates, including naptha. This could definitely have stuffed this experiment.

3. I'm an idiot.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Also be aware that you have to be calm and patient, and having done this extraction a few times I know that even though I do it EXACTLY the same each time, with the same ingredients, it does not always work. You got to romance the DMT to come out. And I am NOT talking allegorically.

You can order "bark" online. It can be used to dye t-shirsts (what you tell the cops). It should not have a problem reaching you I don't think.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I will certainly be using powder next time, and I think in Australia, our chemicals are very rarely raw materials, whilst in the US i (believe) alot of brand name things just hold one chemical. Australia seems to be a big target for the geno-pesticide agenda. Reason I mention this is because I think to have a pure and worth while outcome, I would have to distil the naptha. Im not really big on distilling fuels, at least without a vacuum set-up.

It was a fun little experiment, lots of lovely colour changes and oil/ oil like aqueous solutions.

I'm not really big on exposing myself to legal liability, since I wish to make this my career one day, therefore probably wont be attempting this again for some time. But I have learnt a lot from the process. Got a lovely introduction to Di ethyl Ether, and, through a vibrational shift driven by these events, are drawn to open up Pistis Sophia, re-attune with the repentful powers of the feminine aspect and, if our God permits, be regenerated.

Blog Entries

Works fine. No distillation needed.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Could someone in the USA, please grab a bottle of Zippo if there are any lying around, and just type out the ingredients list for me please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Could someone in the USA, please grab a bottle of Zippo if there are any lying around, and just type out the ingredients list for me please and thank you.
    Search
    Result!
    Search
    Result!

Blog Entries
    As I suspected... Different recipe for the Aussie one.

Then your naptha, however you get it pure in Aus. I have also heard it is difficult to manage.

The other trick to the evap (unless you have proper storage equipment) is to put a layer of saran wrap over the evap dish. Evapping is not really what you're aiming for, what you want is to make the entire tray/dish as cold as you can. Saran wrap keeps the smell from leaking out of your container or into the rest of your fridge.

I will say this one time: if the naptha so much as touches the saran wrap you MUST throw out the batch immediately and wash the dish and start all over. Naphtha eats plastic and you will have just converted your precious project into a batch of unusable poison. If you have a better way to prevent the smell use that but don't let the smell itself stop you. You can use the same batch multiple times so don't try to evap ALL the naptha before you move on. Once you have nice crystals and the naptha doesn't look cloudy while standing you're ready
    Last edited by Visceral; 05-04-2017 at 07:44 AM. Reason: further ruining the process. EM got the gist of it

Blog Entries
    I like this recipe. Haven't seen it before and it's definitely cheaper.
    Last edited by elixirmixer; 05-04-2017 at 12:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread