Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ideas, comments, and council.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    In the natural world the most deadly thing is conformity and non-diversity. Same goes for human societies. The more the same something is, the more dead it is. The more diverse, the more thriving.
    In a sense this is why capitalism has been so successful initially, because it allows for diversity (free market) as compared to the one-track-mind of its opposites. Although in the long run capitalism fails as well because although a free market might be nice, but "free" does not go well with capitalism.
    I agree with you... though I got focused on the word "CHANGE"... and a "change" needs a direction, a sense... and I doubt that we'll be able to reach a consensus. The biggest thing we ALL have in common is "alchemy"... and even the definition of what is alchemy is conflictive (i.e, I can't imagine JDP and you writing a joint book titled "What is alchemy?"... this is just an example).

The short tale by Baudelaire probably explains it better.

---------------------------------------------------
    Note: Continued here: Aspects of Alchemy

------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 01-15-2017 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Thread topic management.

Blog Entries
    How bout we plan a marketing campaign Dev? Get heaps of fresh meat in here for me to play with? You guys don't post enough

--------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 01-15-2017 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Thread topic management.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

O.K., JDP, the comments were moved to a different thread and that's fine for me (we were getting off topic) and what I said was just an example. The thread is not about "What is alchemy?"... so a DEEP discussion on the issue doesn't make sense here. I will give my ideas later on the other thread (not today, I have a complicated day today... a funeral).

The whole point is that we, as a group, do not agree even in (probably) the ONLY thing we all have in common... So I do not see the possibility of "making a change" since such thing involves some "agreement" and the persons on this forum have VERY different ideas. The point for me isn't to demonstrate who is right (MY definition of alchemy doesn't exactly match your definition and it doesn't exactly match Dev's definition either, but I won't explain my idea here, because it was simply an example).

My point is that I like diversity, but CREATING A CHANGE involves, at least in my opinion, some sort of consensus... a change needs a "direction"... and the story of Baudelaire and its "morale" is very easy to get. Doing such thing here is, for me, as weird as asking Ayn Rand and Mao to make a political plan.

I think we all can have a very friendly relation (I do not have enemies here), but we also have to accept that we all have different ideas (in my own case, I do not exactly base my relationships on "having similar ideas", that's not the point for me... I have EXCELLENT friends who have absolutely no ideas in common with me and that's OK... BUT I would not make a plan to "make a change" with them).

Silly example which will be less controversial: I am quite puritanist when it comes to vegetarianism, but that one has been my choice since I was a child... a lot of my friends are not vegetarians and some of them even HATE vegetarianism... I actually have ZERO problems with such thing, but it would be absurd for me to ask one of them to help me to create a "vegetarian change" (I mean the ones who HATE vegetarianism). Such thing does not mean that I can't talk to them or have a lot of fun with them or that I get into a vegetarian pedestal of moral superiority when I speak to them (strangely I don't like at all the "I'm better than you" vegetarians... or the "I'm morally better than you" people in any area of life).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    How bout we plan a marketing campaign Dev?
    No thanks.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    One suggstion I have for everyone is this:

If you notice that when you reply to a post that your reply becomes the FIRST post on the next page, please insert a quote of the post you reply to.

It makes it much easier for others to read, and they don't have to go back in the thread to see what the hell you replied to (unless they intend to read the whole thread).

This is not a rule or anything, just something to keep in mind. It's like holding the door open for someone walking behind you.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread