Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Hermeticism vs. Gnosticism - Differences

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarrox View Post
    I think it was Dev who said that the early Gnostics evolved out of hermetic teachings...
    Did I? Well it didn't. Hermeticism is much younger than Gnosticism. Yes Hermes and Thoth and the tradition is older than Gnosticism, but Hermeticism is a somewhat "modern" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    I would also not say Rosicrucianism is a branch of Gnosticism, rather a branch of Hermeticism.

Gnosticism is stand-alone origin-Christianity.
    If there was any Hermeticism back in the days of Gnosticism they evolved parallel more than out of each other. Regardless both are based in the same ideas... the origin of which is Shamanism. It is for this reason Shamanism is the only thing that carries any weight (in my opinion).

Musical allegory: old school Blues is much better than Neo-Metal Trip-Hop Funk.

Last edited by Andro; 01-21-2017 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Quote fix.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I'm sorry, my bad. I should have cross-checked the post before assuming. No, you did not say that.

I believe in many aspects of both. For example I believe Jesus Christ was a "normal" man who was just supremely aware and knowledgeable of the workings of nature which are a large portion of the workings of God. But I do not believe this entire physical plane is the creation of something other than God All Mighty. I believe God created all of nature and lesser beings and that some of these beings, who were much more advanced than we are today, took it upon themselves to create us for a debatable number of reasons.

I believe Man is not created by the true God but was created by other beings who themselves were created by God. Basically the annunaki theory is what I believe. The facts are all there. These false gods may have shaped earth through influencing/creating humanity but that doesnt mean they created nature and the natural world itself, that i see as being the work of the True God.

Blog Entries
    I dislike the term "god", and prefer the moniker Divine Mystery, but in the post below I use the word "god".

I think there is a lot to learn from the indigneous cultures... and I believe what they believe... although belief is not really the correct term. It reminds me of what they told me when I visited some in Ecuador recently. I asked them what they believe in terms of cosmology... and they replied: "we don't belive when we know"

So what the indigneous know is that God and Nature is the SAME. They are not separated. This is probably the most important aspect of any "religious" concept. If we look at the results of the religions that separate God from Nature, those cultures are also the ones that have created the most destructions in terms of Nature. They do this because they lack respect for it... because it is not God itself.

If you see God and Nature as the same, you would not pollute God.

I think any alchemist, atheist or not, would probably be wise to work WITH Nature... and be in harmony WITH Nature i.e. a more "natural" approach would be to view - if one is a non-atheist - God and Nature as THE SAME.

Nature also includes humans, and this is the reason why Gnostics were burned at the stake - because it is heresy to say that you/I are a part of God. And if Nature and God is the same, then humans and God are the same as well. And what we do to Nature, and what we do to ourselves, and what we do to other humans... WE DO TO GOD.

IMO.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Wonderful image! I also completely agree that "believe/belief/faith" are not the true terms to describe my stance either. It is true knowledge. Personally I just use the term "believe" because its non-offensive to those of different perspectives on it all.

People love to come out of the word work when these topics arise and exclaim how no one ever knew anything and that that is the answer to the great mystery, but frankly they are wrong and should only speak for themselves. Not that I notice anyone in this thread doing that, its just been a rather common display over the years of living this life.

+ Reply to Thread