Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hermeticism vs. Gnosticism - Differences

Quote Originally Posted by Quarrox View Post
    I think the Kybalion is a nice lecture for Neophytes like me. It offers some simple, basic summaries, something that breaks down extremely complex factors into a easy to digest appetizer. I think it serves well as a first step on the staircase to higher spheres of awareness.

Check out "The Divine Pymander"...Worth reading in its entirety imo, though if you do not have the time, just reading a chapter or two at random will further your knowledge and understanding of Hermeticism and Alchemy. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes out of your day. Very easy reading, densely packed with applicable value. Look into it!

@Dev

@Schmuldvich, thanks a lot. I will study it with interest!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Very cool to see someone posting some Walter Russell. Certainly a man more people need to study, especially those who study the esoteric arts. Nice post, Amon! Have you had the chance to read any of his other works?
    Not yet, i haven't even finished the Universal One to be honest. But its on my to-do list after i am done with university examinations (which i feel i am gonna fail at) followed by the writings of Leedskalnin. If the nature of things is really as simple as the old sciences preach, and the theories of Leedskalnin and Russell stand correct, then it will be of huge benefit in many areas of our lives.

I did not mean to affiliate Lucifer with Satan, I was using the term loosely as it pertains to Christianity today. I was simply stating that the Demiurge never fell from grace, it was created by an entity from the higher planes and was trapped in the lower realms. And yes it is the God of the Old Testament, the greedy God who believes he is the true origin of all things but is ignorant of its own origin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherSage View Post
    And yes it is the God of the Old Testament, the greedy God who believes he is the true origin of all things but is ignorant of its own origin.
    Same mental issue most humans have.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherSage View Post
    And yes it is the God of the Old Testament, the greedy God who believes he is the true origin of all things but is ignorant of its own origin.
    So in your opinion, the Demiurge is Yahweh, the God in judaism?

Blog Entries
    Here are some related quotes from the book Gnostic Philosophy - From Ancient Persia to Modern Times by Tobias Churton (that I recommend if you want to get a good overall insight into Gnosticism):

"Insofar as the Demiurge claimed to be the highest God, then the Demiurge, the awful creator of the material universe, was for Gnostics a false god. The Gnostic had seen through his deceptive handiwork, and, free of it by virtue of knowledge [gnosis i.e. gnosticism], could "look down" on it. Enemies of the Gnostics regarded this posture as one of insufferable arrogance. The radical Gnostic could reply that such a position was as nothing compared to the supreme destructiveness and arrogating offence of the Demiurge - himself the blind god who knows no higher than himself."

"Reckoning the Father in heaven preached by Jesus to be superior in character to the God of much of the Hebrew Bible [old testament], it was natural for Gnostics to indentify any lesser conception of the highest God with the Demiurge, who had, they believed, blinded the Jewish people to the central gnosis."

"...only spirit is ultimately real. Time and space (the world of the Demiurge) are not absolutes; they are conditions of perception."

Last edited by Awani; 01-20-2017 at 10:36 PM. Reason: add info
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    The 'Looking Glass' or 'Dual Mirror' I've mentioned above has this interesting quality of reflecting our convictions back at us, even if they contradict each other.
    See text compilation in the image below.

What Russel refers to as (Un-Created) 'Sub-Stance' is what another author (Vadim Zeland) is referring to as 'The Space of Variants'.

What we mistakenly regard as 'creation' (i.e. 'ex nihil') is merely an "integration into continuity of what already exists in sub-stance" (Russel) or a 'Fixation' or 'realization' of certain scrips from the 'Space of Variants' (Zeland).

The 'Black Sun' is comparable to the 'cloud' (where all possible and probable reality scripts and variations exist in an UN-specified, UN-determined state, outside time and space), and the 'White Sun' is comparable to the fixing/rendering Agency, the 'Interface' that subjectively 'fixes' perception within 'space' and time' coordinates. Again, this 'pair' is loosely comparable to Mercury and Sulfur in Practical Alchemy.

Achieving perfect Sync/Unity between the 'White Sun' Mind and the 'Black Sun' Substance is what can theoretically allow us abilities such as are displayed in the movie Dark City ('tuning') or Inception.

Concepts such as The 'Veil' ('The Veil of Isis'), 'The Separator' or 'The Dual Mirror' (Alice Through the Looking Glass and YES, EVEN THE FIRST HARRY POTTER MOVIE! - the mirror scene) have been mimicked via substitute/surrogate surfaces such as Canvas (painting), Silver Screen (cinema), television, and more recently in our fascination with the screens of our computers, tablets, 'smart'-phones, VR interfaces, etc... Basically simulacrums of rendering various 'realities' from a database 'somewhere'.

PS: It has been suggested that I present those concepts again, like I would explain them 'to idiots'.

This has been my attempt to do so, although I sincerely doubt there are any idiots hanging out here
    Last edited by Andro; 01-20-2017 at 11:47 PM.

See text compilation in the image below.

What Russel refers to as (Un-Created) 'Sub-Stance' is what another author (Vadim Zeland) is referring to as 'The Space of Variants'.

What we mistakenly regard as 'creation' (i.e. 'ex nihil') is merely an "integration into continuity of what already exists in sub-stance" (Russel) or a 'Fixation' or 'realization' of certain scrips from the 'Space of Variants' (Zeland).

The 'Black Sun' is comparable to the 'cloud' (where all possible and probable reality scripts and variations exist in an UN-specified, UN-determined state, outside time and space), and the 'White Sun' is comparable to the fixing/rendering Agency, the 'Interface' or that subjectively 'fixes' perception in 'space' and time' coordinates. Again, this 'pair' is loosely comparable to Mercury and Sulfur in Practical Alchemy.

Achieving perfect Sync/Unity between the 'White Sun' Mind and the 'Black Sun' Substance is what can theoretically allow us abilities such as are displayed in the movie Dark City ('tuning') or Inception.

Concepts such as The 'Veil' ('The Veil of Isis'), 'The Separator' or 'The Dual Mirror' (Alice Through the Looking Glass and YES, EVEN THE FIRST HARRY POTTER MOVIE! - the mirror scene) have been mimicked via substitute/surrogate surfaces such as Canvas (painting), Silver Screen (cinema), television, and more recently in our fascination with the screens of our computers, tablets, 'smart'-phones, VR interfaces, etc... Basically simulacrums of rendering various 'realities' from a database 'somewhere'.

PS: It has been suggested that I present those concepts again, like I would explain them 'to idiots'.

This has been my attempt to do so, although I sincerely doubt there are any idiots hanging out here
    Really great post! Thank you! Very rarely do I agree with "unprovable" concepts such as those presented, but I find myself inwardly and outwardly agreeing with the majority of what you just posted. I appreciate you sharing, and I'm sure many others do as well...

Blog Entries
    It has been suggested that I present those concepts again.
    Yes, ok if I understand you correctly then that is kind of what I said earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    The Macrocosm of God is Creation... and that is why the highest forms of endeavours humans can take up is the Microcosmic form of Creation: shamanism, art, alchemy, music, literature, films, love (babies)...
    To me this rendering = creation. I don't see it as a download... because some downloads cannot be made until you "create"/build a bridge (which makes the "download" possible). And as for "god", this cloud you speak of - where all possible and probable reality scripts and variations exist - is in my view a highly creative space... or at least a sandbox. So God is a Creator. IMO. And if the word "creator" is confusing then maybe Producer is better. Executive Producer.

So I guess our problem is semantics yet again.

Last edited by Awani; 01-21-2017 at 01:48 AM. Reason: clarify

+ Reply to Thread