Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hermeticism vs. Gnosticism - Differences

Blog Entries
    If Hermeticism and Gnosticism got in a fight, who would win?

See Reason for edit for answer
    Last edited by elixirmixer; 01-21-2017 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Me
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

I hope i do not count as an Idiot, but there are so many keywords i have never heard before (at least not in this context): Dual mirror, looking glass, black sun, white sun, cloud, etc. etc. creating speculative notions in me. I think i should go back to study, reading some books.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarrox View Post
    I hope i do not count as an Idiot, but there are so many keywords i have never heard before (at least not in this context): Dual mirror, looking glass, black sun, white sun, cloud, etc. etc. creating speculative notions in me. I think i should go back to study, reading some books.
    He was talking about me: see this post

Also I think that is kind of Andro-specific terminology (although many of those words can be found elsewhere)... so I guess if you read a lot of Andro's posts those words will make more sense, for example this post.

Last edited by Awani; 01-21-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I haven't used any neologisms.

Perhaps it's the context and the way these terms are combined, to paint a certain picture/model that I wanted to offer for consideration.

Thanks Dev, for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    I haven't used any neologisms.

Perhaps it's the context and the way these terms are combined, to paint a certain picture/model that I wanted to offer for consideration.

I was reading your prior post a few times again. The book page you posted is interesting too, i had to translate quite a few words, as english is not my mother tongue. But i try to summarize.

Can we compare the black sun/cloud/substance concept to a huge tank, filled with a mass of uncreated, infinite information in infinite combinations. Invisible and outside of the 3-dimensional space and time construct?

In contrast, the white sun offers an infinite quantity of different molds to be filled with the substance of the cloud to cast an infinite number of perceptions?

And as i understand the attached text from the book: The "reality" behaves the way we expect it to behave, the material world appears how we expect and how we believe it to appear. At the same time it presents itself to us as it is, even if this statement is contradictory. Observation affects reality. An example from quantum physics which was proven: Particles like electrons can also behave as waves, as long as observed and change their nature back to particle state when ignored.

I don't know if it does make sense.
    Last edited by Quarrox; 01-21-2017 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Quote

Blog Entries
    Can we compare the black sun/cloud/substance concept to a huge tank, filled with a mass of uncreated, infinite information in infinite combinations. Invisible and outside of the 3-dimensional space and time construct?

In contrast, the white sun offers an infinite quantity of different molds to be filled with the substance of the cloud to cast an infinite number of perceptions?

And as i understand the attached text from the book: The "reality" behaves the way we expect it to behave, the material world appears how we expect and how we believe it to appear. At the same time it presents itself to us as it is, even if this statement is contradictory. Observation affects reality. An example from quantum physics which was proven: Particles like electrons can also behave as waves, as long as observed and change their nature back to particle state when ignored.
    Perhaps it can be easier (if only for the sake of analogical understanding) to compare the 'White Sun' to the conscious/left brained mind and the Black Sun to the Universal Super-conscious, which can be accessed via the individual right-brained 'subconscious'.

The 'White Sun' can be regarded as acting like a sort of Sulfur or 'Fixing Agent' for everything that is rendered from the Mercurial 'Other side of The Veil' (i.e. 'The Space of Variants').

Those 'Two Suns' (2 sides of the same coin/Sun) are in a sort of constant 'alchemical feedback loop' with each other, hence, for example, if we want to corporify UN-Determined Spiritus Mundi (Black Sun Emanation), we have, in many cases, to circumvent its 'Solar Uptake' (for example, by operating before sunrise).

It is believed in certain circles that this (otherwise all-pervading) 'Dual Mirror' is somehow also physically manifest at what we refer to as the 'North Pole' (hence many authors advising us to direct ourselves towards the Magnetic North), as well as the model of those emanations being reflected back from the Pole Star (right above the so-called North Pole), especially if/when the 'White Sun' is not 'interfering' and absorbing it into itself before we get the chance to 'catch' it.

I have personally witnessed this 'North Pole Phenomenon' out-of body, however, this only validates the concept for me, so I am only offering all this as a model for consideration.

Observation affects reality. An example from quantum physics which was proven: Particles like electrons can also behave as waves, as long as observed and change their nature back to particle state when ignored.
    Yes! I am familiar with this study. If true and repeatable (like we are being told), this is an extraordinarily interesting discovery! We all know how important perception is in our lives. To know that observation affects things too is a game-changer and greatly intrigues me. What can we do with this knowledge?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Yes! I am familiar with this study. If true and repeatable (like we are being told), this is an extraordinarily interesting discovery! We all know how important perception is in our lives. To know that observation affects things too is a game-changer and greatly intrigues me. What can we do with this knowledge?
    Tom Campbell deals with this extensively in his research. We have a dedicated thread on it HERE.

Thank you Andro for the analogy, i think i understand better now.

@Schmuldvich, a good question. I think quantum physics can open doors of whose existence we do not even know of. Another very interesting phenomenon are particles that behave dependent on each other, even if they are millions of lightyears apart. Space and distance do not matter in this example. These particles seem to be connected and entangled in a mysterious, invisible network (think about teleportation). I think science and spirituality have to and will unite.

To come back to the thread topic: Gnosticism vs. Hermeticism. I think it was Dev who said that the early Gnostics evolved out of hermetic teachings but followed Jesus and his teachings (churches, especially the roman catholic church, do not, in my opinion). My conclusion would be, that they avow themselves to a different master, namely Jesus. The Hermeticists generally accept Hermes Trismegistus, the thrice great as their ultimate teacher and superior authority (of course the All is the All and hence incomparable). Right?

The hermetic philosophy is much older, some even say that Hermes was a contemporary of Abraham. Is it also permissible to think that the ancient Sabians in the muslim empire were Hermeticists, and as a reference to modern times, the Sufis follow to some grade hermetic thoughts and ideas?
    Last edited by Quarrox; 01-21-2017 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Grammar

+ Reply to Thread