Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3+o(

Blog Entries

3+o(

I sometimes get emails from people who don't want to join, but want me to answer their alchemical questions anyway. I tell them that I am not Dr. Alchemy Phd... however this email I got the other day I will re-post here in the open. Please help her out.
    I am an old lady of 64 who has studied alchemy for over 40 years but unfortunately I am not in the league of your members on this site so I am not asking for membership ..... I do enjoy reading all the imput in particular one from hermetic pilgrim [I think she means THIS member] ..... would you be able to contact hermetic pilgrim and ask if he/she can write in where they got that symbol 3+o( from I would really like to read what ever they have on that formula , I suspect that it is a very old sacred and highly secretive formula for the formula that does not wet the hands... would really make my day if you could do that

thank you

from an old interested aussie...

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Hello... Old Lady Of 64

I feel that if someone has studied alchemy for more than 40 years that person
    would be a great asset to Alchemy Forums and it's members.

And if you read this... Old Lady Of 64 please consider applying for membership.

Regards
    Black.

The name seems to imply three ingredients plus the Sun or Moon.

BTW, tell the lady that age doesn't matter. It's the experience and enthusiasm that is the key
    Last edited by Illen A. Cluf; 01-22-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    When I Google "3+o( symbol" just now, the first thing that popped up was the AUM symbol

And if you read this... Old Lady Of 64 please consider applying for membership.

Regards
    Black.
    I second Black's request. All are welcome
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Turn your head sideways

Also, join Old Lady!

its john dee hieroglyphic monad turned 90o

Quote Originally Posted by horticult View Post
    its john dee hieroglyphic monad turned 90o
    You're right - it represents Fire, the Elements, the Sun and the Moon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monas_Hieroglyphica

I am confused, yes, it's the monad of Dee and the symbol for mercury, which is obviously the same.
    Not too few people relate it (more in "occult" than alchemical contexts to the number 64... due to the kamea of 8x8, even if that is more related to Mercury as a planet that as a part of the three principles).

It is indeed a formula with 4 parts (sun, moon, cross & Aries)

Dee's Monad is often regarded as his literary "Magnum Opus", though if you are a true Dee enthusiast, then it becomes clear that it is not.

It is VERY related to the late Renaissance ideal of giving a precise architecture of the cosmos (a recurrent obsession that clearly existed in many cultures and times -i.e, the Geometric obsession of Pythagoras and the Old Testament, as to give only 2 older examples) and which can be compared to other almost contemporary works (The geometric "Ethics" of Spinoza come to my mind).

The work is extremely syncretic in the sense that it is uniting several traditions or ideas:
    -The proportions of the "Cosmic Temple" and its relation with the Temples made of stone and the Temple made of flesh.
    -The manifestation of Mercury as the universal principle and its relation with the other planets, zodiacal signs and the Earth.
    -Alchemical ideas.
    -The roots of a magical system heavily based on geometry and maths (a recurrent obsession of Dee).

So it's a work that wanted to create, just as it is being discussed in a different thread, a "Theory of Everything"... it was an ambitious work in that sense, though on the other hand it was clearly written with some haste; though certainly with the intention of creating a link between alchemy, astrology and theurgy... with a clear geometric approach.

Some interesting "keys" are given in his operation of "inverting" or turning upside down the monad... this same thing happens which the two external links of the Golden Chain of Homer (which are identical, but "inverted")

Blog Entries
    It is also a symbol of some feminists... the female sign with horns.

I prefer the one with a single dot in the center of the circle, meaning gold... highest form. Etc.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread