Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: My thoughts about order in nature.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    15

    My thoughts about order in nature.

    Some thoughts about geometry or order and chaos in nature are sitting in my mind for a long time. I tried to make them as clear as possible and want to share them hoping you can proof, correct or maybe just enjoy them.

    It started when I questioned myself "What is the most complex possible order?". First I thought about various patterns we found on earth or in the universe such us the planetary paths around the sun or even the pathss of all solar systems in our galaxy and so on since they must follow a special pattern to not crash into each other. Also there are various patters planets are creating if you look at them from a bigger distance and over a long period of time. To make clear what I mean some easy videos about Venus:

    Venus Pentagram

    Venus "flowers"


    Okay they seem to be acting on an intelligent pattern and I bet most of you will recognize the "sacred geometry". But back to topic: Those patterns are very easy! You can easily recreate them with a compass+ruler. Even if you dont get the full meaning of those patterns, the basic shape is very simple.
    So what about smaller things? Let's look at plants and stones. You will never find an exact copy of a stone or plant on earth, they are all different even some of them have a more or less similiar soul, body and mind. But that's the thing, even if they appear varied, they also follow the same pattern.
    Most of you know those patterns more or less but to make it more vivd:

    Basic shapes of crstals


    Plants are fractals


    Why do those things vary in their appearence when they all (meaning a certaint plant or stone or metal or whatever) have the same basic structure? (Additionally I have a question: Is the information of structure, the appearence of the salt, given from the sulfur or mercury? Is the structure a part of the soul expressed by the mind as the body?) Of course you could say "Plants vary in their DNA" but stones doesnt. So for me it's more the conditions under they (metals,stones,plants) grow since you can never create the same conditions. It starts in your mind: You have two seeds you want to plant but you look at them as two. So you seperate them and they will grow as two plants and not as one (if you have two exact copies of a plant it should be one plant existing twice). So do have plants personalities? And stones too? Maybe! Since they got a soul like us, why dont believe they also have various personalities? Maybe thats the reason why you cant create exact copies of plants?
    Back to topic: The patterns f.e. plants follow seem to be (concerning a certaint species of plants) limited but also endless since they have different personalities. They all have more or less easy basic structures which you could recreate but due to their personalities they vary. So is the most complex pattern only possible to gain by giving basic patterns a soul?


    Some additional thoughts:
    Lets imagine an endless black room (f.e. the universe without anything inside) and an endless amount of dots.
    1) Some would say the "highest order" is to arrange them all with a fixed distance to each other. But to be honest this isn't very hard to do if you have an infite amount of time.

    2) So if you say "Let's make sure between two points is NEVER the same distance". This would be nearly impossible to do since you have no pattern to follow and maybe thats why it would be the most complex possible order (or even a chaos)?

    3) And my last thought: What would happen if you throw those infinite dots randomly in the space? The answer would be awesome: Since they're infinite like they space they're into EVERY POSSIBLE PATTERN WILL BE SHOWN at a certain place. The amount of possibilities would be ENDLESS. To proof or show what I mean a short video: (sadly there was a better video about this but I couldnt find it anymore)

    Typing monkey theorem

    BUT: First I thought 2) can be the same as 3) but it's not possible since in an endless amount of possibilites there will be dots with the exact same distance between each other.

    So my conclusion: Is the most complex order given by pure randomness?


    I hope you can follow my thoughts, it wasnt easy to explain myself but I tried my best.
    So now go! Criticise or approve me!

    Greetings
    ~Shroomyx
    Last edited by Shroomyx; 01-28-2017 at 05:26 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,578
    Have you looked at crystal formation...especially Platonic Solids

    Even we as humans develop our shape due to our environment; gravity dictates our bone structure. In space our bones start to deteriorate due to weightlessness.

    You can take a cutting from a plant, therefore a clone, but it won't necessarily mimic its parent as it may be growing in different substrate or environment.

    There are too many variables to find an answer to your question, but I agree with the most complex being total chaos.

    Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Have you looked at crystal formation...especially Platonic Solids
    '
    Of course I did! I love them.. Also Platon has connected them to 5 Elements.. Once I painted a picture of them which is now on the wall beside my microscope. (I can share it if wanted.)
    There are SO MANY similiar patterns everywhere to find if u look closely and most of them follow similiar basic patterns (such as the golden ratio). But still they're all different. I love to think about it.

    I love the fact that we think of the "highest order" and end with a total chaos.

    ~Shroomyx

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bridger Mountains
    Posts
    1,528
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroomyx View Post
    I love the fact that we think of the "highest order" and end with a total chaos.

    ~Shroomyx
    There are some members here who contribute it to the flow of Spirit.

    Besides that thought, I like this
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 01-29-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    15
    Nice I didnt read this thread before. Very good collection of examples.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroomyx View Post
    5 Elements.. Once I painted a picture of them which is now on the wall beside my microscope. (I can share it if wanted.)
    Let's see 'em, Shroomy!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    15
    Is there an art thread were I can post them?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    4,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroomyx View Post
    Is there an art thread were I can post them?
    Just create your own Art Thread in the forum's Art Section.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    15

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroomyx View Post
    '

    There are SO MANY similiar patterns everywhere to find if u look closely and most of them follow similiar basic patterns (such as the golden ratio).
    My spare room wall...

    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts