Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nettle tea

Nettle tea

Greetings everyone,

I decided to start drinking nettle tea to make up for the lack of iron in my blood. So i took a bunch of dried nettle leaves and allowed them to soak in cold water for a day, then filtered and placed the liquid in an airtight bottle and stored it in the fridge. After that i took a few new leaves and made some instant tea with them (with cold water and stirring). Now the instant tea has a green-yellowish color whereas the bottled one (in the fridge for possibly 5 days now) has taken an orange color and its smell is sharp and not so pleasant. Can i store tea for that long or is it an instant drink? And if i can, is it "safe" to drink the bottled one? (glass bottle)

The fresher the better, don't drink rancid tea. The fresher the leaves the more quickly it will degrade. There are a lot of variables but generally tea isn't good after a day. You can make a powdered tea extract of any herb by boiling it down discarding 90% of the herb, blending it then letting it air dry. Then you can take some of the powder and have instant tea anytime.

nettle is a queen
    100 oC, 15min wait
    best are spring tops
    you can eat it directly, just soaked ))
    spring salad from nettle + dandelions + onion from garden with home apple winegar dressing ))
    4 fe: just let a nail in a bottle overnight, then drink )))

+ Reply to Thread