Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Vinegar distillation

Nice insight, z0 K! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by z0 K View Post
    Alchemical operations free the vegetable life from the plant by using elemental fire. Unlike the spagyrists we capture that smoke and purify it. Our philosophical vinegar is in that particle stream of smoke. We have many names for that smoke. Our philosophical wine is in that smoke. Our elemental water, air, and fire, are also in that smoke. Our mercury and sulfur are in that smoke. From this humble beginning of our fiery afterbirth from the burn we purify and concentrate then combine in thousands of ways producing living Quintessences, Stones, some like amber others like crystals. These do not have the same effect as the spagyric apothecary medicines.

From our smoke we can cultivate powerful menstrums that build upon the vegetable life we have freed and reshaped into our philosophical purposes. We can then infuse that life into inorganic matters and there are no limits.
    In your experience, what have you found to be the best way to use these Stones and Quintessences?

When infusing this Life into inorganic matters, which would you say are the most interesting matters to work with?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Nice insight, z0 K! Thanks!
    In your experience, what have you found to be the best way to use these Stones and Quintessences?

When infusing this Life into inorganic matters, which would you say are the most interesting matters to work with?
    The simple way to use an alchemical plant Quintessence or Stone is to liquefy a dose and drink it. I donít say dissolve it in water because the matter does not dissolve into the water. It melts (liquefies) in the water then takes it over becoming a vegetable menstrum. Then you drink it. A dose is around 100mg or less dropped into about one ounce of water.

That is the basic way then you wait to see what happens. Vision gets brighter, thought forms more concrete and mental multitasking becomes possible or is enhanced. One has more useful bio-energy available for several hours, no side effects:-) Other things happen subtly over time and use. You donít get sick anymore.

If you have opened your inner circulation then the effects are more profound. One can then separate the Spiritus Mundi from the Quintessence when the dose is swallowed and charge directly into the subtle body. That is incredibly euphoric, Kundalini rising on a philosophical breath. The Spirit thus transformed penetrates the internal organs on the exhalation causing controlled contractions of internal muscle groups and organs feeling similar to flexing muscles. The result is a kind of inner toning of the organs. The evolution is ongoing.

The first inorganic matter to infuse the vegetable life into is the properly calcined body of the plant. That will give you a Quintessence if the organic ligands are being used. That is my favorite. For this discussion organic matters include flavinoids, fatty acids, enzymes, proteins, nucleic acids and the like. Inorganic includes salts, metals and other elemental compounds.

Blog Entries
    I can not, and will not, every be able to describe how grateful I am for this thread, z0 K, you're a legend, and I will most certainly undertake this work unto its completion.

Philosophy; here we come!
    Last edited by Andro; 02-21-2017 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections. Recommendation: At least use the spellchecking function in your browser.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Non-Return...j2xRhd8ZmdZPMw

So rather than use my vacuum pump I'm trying one of these attached via 3/8 tubing to the vacuum pump barb. Putting it in the bucket of water I use as coolant to see if it produces a partial pressure effect in my distillation train. I would still like to get an Alembic but for the time being if this works it is a cheaper option. My hope is that the heating will push out some of the air but 'non-return' so lower then atmospheric pressure in the distillation train, hopefully enough to distil water below 90 Centigrade. I am using the nylon valve not aluminium.
    Last edited by Axismundi000; 03-01-2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Added a bit

It does produce a partial pressure but not enough, I will try a few things and see what can be achieved.

So basically to vacuum distil vinegar without a pump this doesn't work although a slight partial pressure is achieved. Double freezing the vinegar gives theoretical maximum about 58% but with a freezer that goes to only -18 Centigrade more like 38%. This will have to do, I'm not sure where JDP gets his 20% only figure.

So if it is one gallon of 100% to one pound of mineral a 5 gallon bucket of double frozen vinegar will be sufficient for one pound of mineral.

The scale of this makes me wonder at the veracity of some people's claims who sell Alchemical products. The fact that the huge quantities are never identified ( to help justify price for example) indicates that perhaps they are not actually doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    So basically to vacuum distil vinegar without a pump this doesn't work although a slight partial pressure is achieved. Double freezing the vinegar gives theoretical maximum about 58% but with a freezer that goes to only -18 Centigrade more like 38%. This will have to do, I'm not sure where JDP gets his 20% only figure.

So if it is one gallon of 100% to one pound of mineral a 5 gallon bucket of double frozen vinegar will be sufficient for one pound of mineral.
    I gave the link and cited the source verbatim (and it is actually about 26%):

https://books.google.com/books?id=ax...gar%22&f=false

"The highest concentration attained in practice by freezing vinegar under atmospheric conditions is 26% of acetic acid." (page 210)

If you don't have access to the publication in question ("Vinegar Bulletin") through Google Books, the relevant pages having to do with vinegar concentration can be downloaded here as well:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...5BsnS4uOJVnXWw

The scale of this makes me wonder at the veracity of some people's claims who sell Alchemical products. The fact that the huge quantities are never identified ( to help justify price for example) indicates that perhaps they are not actually doing this.
    Rest assured that no one on the planet is selling "alchemical products". There's only a handful of those, all of them revolving around operations with a limited number of raw/basic substances (all related to the manufacture of the Stone/Elixir), and the few people who have discovered how to make these alchemical "tinctures" are obviously not selling them at any price.
    Last edited by JDP; 03-19-2017 at 11:10 AM.

I think assuming 20% is prudent and thank you for the source. A brief search online gives the following:

http://chemistry.stackexchange.com/q...ore-concentrat

Perhaps I will get a digital ph meter rather than relying on litmus paper. So if I get stronger than 20% but employ ratio 1lb to 5 gallons; if the vinegar is above 20% not all the acetic acid will be used with the carbonate/oxide mineral. It is best I suspect that there is an excess of acetic acid.

I think a slower reaction is best so I will not be changing it to para-acetic acid by using hydrogen peroxide.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post

Rest assured that no one on the planet is selling "alchemical products". There's only a handful of those, all of them revolving around operations with a limited number of raw/basic substances (all related to the manufacture of the Stone/Elixir), and the few people who have discovered how to make these alchemical "tinctures" are obviously not selling them at any price.
    Whilst I like the sound of this I don't see how it can possibly be asserted either theoretically or empirically.

Quote Originally Posted by Axismundi000 View Post
    Whilst I like the sound of this I don't see how it can possibly be asserted either theoretically or empirically.
    Do you see anyone selling "tinctures" that transmute any metals into silver or gold? No? I thought so! Neither do I. There is your empirical answer. No one in the world is selling such a thing. If they did, chemistry would have stopped denying that such a thing can even exist to begin with. Plus this would also bring us back to the paradox and dilemma pointed out by Michael Maier in his "Examen Fucorum Pseudo-Chymicorum" regarding those who, in his own times, claimed to be selling such things:

"It goes against all reason that someone who really had mastered this great art, tested over and over again in experiments, would want to sell this knowledge to another for a piece of bread or a bit of gold.
    It is an unmistakable sign of the pseudo-chymist that he wants to sell gold for gold, something uncertain as fact, and something priceless for very little. If he doesn't really possess it (i.e. the alchemical secret), then it is as if he had sold wind and empty words for money. If the latter is the case, then the scoundrel receives too much money for the wind, and the buyer is cheated. If the former is the case, then the seller is cheated."

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...4115#post44115

+ Reply to Thread