Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Apprentice WANTED

Blog Entries

Apprentice WANTED

Most people charge anywhere between $1000 - $5000 to run you through the basic Spagyric course.

If there does happen to be anyone living in the Lime Stone Coast of Australia, you have an opportunity for a free apprenticeship.

Cost: 1 hr of glassware washing and other cleaning duties, per day.

I highly doubt there are any alchemist around here, but, just in case...
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Surely this is a jest...

Perhaps it was meant for the Silly Thread.

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Blog Entries
    haha, you prick.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    haha, you prick.
    So they tell me.

lol

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Most people charge anywhere between $1000 - $5000 to run you through the basic Spagyric course.

If there does happen to be anyone living in the Lime Stone Coast of Australia, you have an opportunity for a free apprenticeship.

Cost: 1 hr of glassware washing and other cleaning duties, per day.
    What do you plan to teach your apprentice?

Why should I, as an apprentice, want your guidance down the path of Spagyrics?

What do you have to offer?
    Last edited by Schmuldvich; 02-19-2017 at 02:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    More equipment than you can poke a stick at, and a basic, modern, Robert A Bartlett style crash-course on herbal elixirs.

Just because i humbly admit that I do not know FOR SURE the shared definition of words like 'philosophical' and 'hermetic', doesn't mean that I don't actually know these concepts. I just haven't witnessed an absolute PROOF within the lab to back up my thoughts.

However, amuse me Mr. Skrilex, what would YOU teach a student that I could not? (Other than to drown in piles of literature until their quntessense is extracted via boardum?)

Blog Entries
    I believe (at this point) that the word philosophical, simply refers to how naturally we obtain our products.

Hermetically sealed, to me, requires the environment to be present.

For instance, if I pour rainwater, straight from being caught, into a container, and seal it, it is hermetical. As opposed to if I had boiled, or distilled that water, in which case, the NATURAL life-forces, both spiritual and PHYSICAL (ie: bacteria) have been removed or destroyed, and then if I seal this flask, I would not consider it hermetical, since I have destroyed/effected the environment in which this substance NATURALLY lives.

See. Simple. Not years and years of fucking books, some people kill themselves, due to their frustrated lack of patience, and become slack within their lab, and blow themselves up, all because some other guy wanted him to 'pay-his-dues'.

These are silly old philosophies, has nothing to do with our art so much as it does with human stupidity.

In regards to the 'philosophical', I think I would prefer to stick with scientific grade reagents, and know what it is that I am making, rather than more organic compounds, that could have myriad upon myriad of unforeseen variables.

Once I have mastered my art with scientific reagents, I may then, and only then, take a more philosophical view upon things.

One thing I know that I could teach my students, that YOU could not, Skrilex (I'm calling you that because my brain has no way of otherwise pronouncing your name) is how to set up a PRACTICAL laboratory

I believe (at this point) that the word philosophical, simply refers to how naturally we obtain our products.

See. Simple. Not years and years of fucking books, some people kill themselves, due to their frustrated lack of patience, and become slack within their lab, and blow themselves up, all because some other guy wanted him to 'pay-his-dues'.

One thing I know that I could teach my students, that YOU could not, Skrilex (I'm calling you that because my brain has no way of otherwise pronouncing your name) is how to set up a PRACTICAL laboratory
    ...Have you seen my current lab set up?

Just because i humbly admit that I do not know FOR SURE the shared definition of words like 'philosophical' and 'hermetic', doesn't mean that I don't actually know these concepts. I just haven't witnessed an absolute PROOF within the lab to back up my thoughts. However, amuse me Mr. Skrilex, what would YOU teach a student that I could not?
    My post above was not meant as an attack at all. I was asking sincere questions (that I still want answered), not coming at you in any way or encouraging you to get defensive. I am very sorry if you feel I was trying to one-up you or anything. That was not my intent.

Do what thou wilt.

Hi Mr Mixer
    Just a little question.

If all alchemical texts were written in Chinese, what would you do?

Blog Entries
    I plan to teach my students:

The two standardized method of creating Spagyrics.
    How to volatize salts.
    How to set-up a PROFFESIONAL lab, as opposed to the one I have.
    How to correctly calcine
    How to correctly obtain sulfurs
    How to make your own plant spirits (correctly)

The legal hastles in Australia
    How to mine for ores (well not so much of a how-to, as much as a "dig this")
    How to best source plant materials
    How to be efficient (not waste money) ((this is probably the greatest thin. I have to offer, removing the huge gap for error while setting up your first (and hopefully) last laboratory.

Then of course, we will test all that we have learnt by making an incredibly powerful rosemary stone. (Or whatever other stone we feel like) I feel each buddig alchemist should have a strong rosemary stone, mainly due to the fact, that no one what's to be healed, by someone that is getting the sniffles each winter (speaking metaphorically)

Then, we move on the the mineral realm (I haven't found any other teachers willing to teach in this realm) ((except one, but he's my little secret))

Not to mention that the Apprentice Alchemist will have the opportunity to co-author a book with me and be in my alchemical documentary if they so choose to do so.

Yeah. Just constant epic-ness. All the time. When we arnt doing Spagyrics specifically, we will most likely always have some kind of advanced stone work on the go, all the time.

I don't trust in the just reading until it all makes sense. The proof is in the pudding. I could sit in this bath (yes I'm in the bath) forever, telling myself 'I know how to make the stone' but then just never bother doing it. Thinking it's all just either too easy or too hard... The mind plays tricks on us. The lab does not.

Are you in Australia Skrilix?

And no, I haven't seen the lab, must be new, last time we spoke you said you didn't have one yet but were about to get started. How's it going?

I didn't feel as much attacked, as I did defensive, just because I'm frustrated today because I HAVE TO CLEAN THE LAB! And I hate cleaning.

+ Reply to Thread