Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Apprentice WANTED

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    you guys are weird
    Yes we are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Some suggestions for elixirmixer's consideration...
    Good suggestions all around.

Talk less, listen more.
    Although those that claim to know in the alchemical community does do a fair bit of talking in order to put themselves in a good light, or generate "students" even when they say they don't... and show a great deal of ego (that takes many different forms). IMHO.

Had any luck yet?
    I think this is a valid question, because I think there has been extremely little success in terms of material products... I am sure there has been great success in terms of material products placing influence on the immaterial and thus elevating the state of affairs for that particular alchemist (to a degree, although not all the way).

It is easy for someone to say "they did it", and as easy to say "they didn't". It's like debating the existence of God, either you have faith and know or you don't.

I think this is very important: the Stone is a MacGuffin

Last edited by Awani; 02-19-2017 at 01:55 PM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    I think there has been extremely little success in terms of material products
    ...that I/we know of...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Although those that claim to know in the alchemical community does do a fair bit of talking in order to put themselves in a good light, or generate "students" even when they say they don't... and show a great deal of ego (that takes many different forms). IMHO.
    Yes, but IMO there is another 'category' to this.

There is a certain 'turning point' when the truly wise stop speaking (go silent).

If we are able to recognize them, I think we should cherish their words, for as long as they still speak.

They will NEVER be advertising for students/pupils/apprentices, neither directly nor indirectly.

If we ever happen to meet a genuine adept who finds us 'ready', he/she will make the offer to initiate us. We don't just go ahead and ask for it.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear"
    , etc...

Blog Entries
    I'm going to move the Paracelsus posts to the thread about Paracelsus... this thread is more about Teacher/Student matters.

RANT WARNING (LOL).

If we ever happen to meet a genuine adept who finds us 'ready', he/she will make the offer to initiate us. We don't just go ahead and ask for it.
    I agree with you in terms of a teacher that is supposed to teach laboratory alchemy of some sort (even with spiritual twists or not). But I guess it comes down to what we all "study", and for me personally I am really - at this point - only interested in the elevation of myself... not to elevate above anyone else... rather elevate for myself. This kind of work cannot have a teacher, although it can have inspiration... but for me I am beyond any teacher that comes in the form of a being that still shits and breathes. If these words have been read carelessly it might sound that I am too good for a teacher, but that is not at all what I am saying. If I want to become a Master in the Lab then yes I would not say no to a teacher... but I want to become a Master of Transcendence for Me. No one can do this work but the person that is doing it. Same as no one can take a shit in my place, I have to take the shit.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it is more in line with going on a pilgrimage, than going to "school" under someone.

I don't discredit anyone that has a teacher/student, because in some cases such things are essential. Only speaking personally, because it is all I can do at this point.

Some could argue that transcendence without lab work is impossible, and if lab work entails the traditional alchemy lab work then I disagree. It can be done without such lab work (and it can be done with it as well - it depends what helps you formulate the Work). But if lab work is non-traditional then yes it [transcendence] cannot be achieved without it. I certainly don't want to spark up the practical vs. spiritual debate... I only feel - for me - that if the traditional alchemical lab work is a big part of the essential Work (which I strongly feel it is not, both in my heart and spirit), then I am finished with alchemy. Fully.

Everyone has different goals in life: mine is all about peace and love and grace and healing

I don't need any minerals nor tinctures for this. Especially since immortality is irrelevant to me (my spirit is already immortal). And especially since gold is also irrelevant to me... I might not be free of all the deadly sins, but greed is certainly one I can honestly say I do not have.

It is worth to repeat again: the Stone is a MacGuffin

Last edited by Awani; 02-19-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    "We should do this"...... "we should do that"....

Who is it that makes up these political correctness's??

What happens then if i'm just a loud mouth cocky bastard, and then I find the stone before the next person?

Does that mean the political corectness of our culture should change?

Will we then all be saying "We should be loud, and annoying, like the last great sage was...."

There is only one pre-requisite that I know of to obtain the stone. A pious life. A relationship with God.

Everything else, is once again ego, because it doesnt matter if I take pride in my voice, or you take pride in your silence, pride is still pride, no matter how much its vibrating.

The idea that I should find a student 'in a certain way', brings me again to these weirdness's' that (IMO) have a lot more to do with a perceived alchemical culture, than they have actually anything to do with our ACTUAL ART! (nothing in the slightest)

I don't consider 'quietness' a virtue, unless you began like someone like me who can't shut up, and then 'learnt' the art of silence.
    If your a natural introvert, don't consider it any great achievement to not be talking so much, think of it as an achievement when you 'learn' NOT to be an introvert.

AT the end of the day, if someone comes to my house, and cleans up this lab, I will teach them a shit tonne of practical experience they otherwise would not recieve. As you can tell, the words I use to 'label' things are very loose. Apprentice, student, college, partner, friend, MATE! Would there be any practical difference? Do I want a stranger coming to my house which has so much pride that they could not consider themselves a subordinate? I'd much prefer a student who knows what he is, a student, and not someone to come here that already has their cup full of "special alchemy definition" that don't, in the Grander reality, actually exist.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    There is only one pre-requisite that I know of to obtain the stone. A pious life. A relationship with God.
    I would agree with this strongly, although I would phrase it: a compassionate life, and a surrender to the Divine Mystery

Basically means the same thing, but God and Pious has religious baggage that can easily confuse people. Anyway to each his own.

Although there is some wisdom I think you misunderstood in terms of silence...

If you are quiet you will hear. If you stop looking you will see.

Some suggestions for elixirmixer's consideration:
    Lovely advices. Another "Everyone should print it and put it at their labs!" text.

EM: I don't like Mormonism, but you do.... Is a Deacon able to ordain a Bishop? Of course not... but why?

Is a Deacon able to guide someone to be a good Bishop? Wouldn't a Bishop be the proper person to help someone who wants to devote his life to become a Bishop?

For sure you know "more" than someone who knows NOTHING... and yet your posts show that you still have a lot to learn as to take someone as your "apprentice"... which is what probably everyone is trying to explain you in different ways.

Other than that, spagyrics is a GOOD path to advance to alchemy, but simply because you learn how far is it possible to go with the materials of a lab, get used of what things cause explosions and which ones don't, etc... but it's more a technical issue than a philosophical issue.

Blog Entries
    I suppose what I am saying Zoas23, is that there is a lot of "we know more than you" going on, but no one has really bothered to say what that is exactly.

If your talking about the techniques used to create the P.Stone, then I will again point out, that, for the most part, the vast majority of members on this forum have failed, showing that their GREAT PHILOSOPHICAL UNDERSTANDING is just silly theories, that they copied from old dead guys, after they read their books.

And that they failed in the two most important aspects of alchemy, "a compassionate life, and a surrender to the Divine Mystery" - Dev
    And also, to observe nature, and not a whole bunch of dead philosophers.

So what is it exactly that I don't know that you guys do? How to bathe in decades of reading? I've done all the same reading (although maybe not so much) as the rest of you. I understand the same principals as the rest of you, while you have 'believed' that I am in error because of my loose definition of the word Alchemy.

For all of my STUDENTS: HOW TO MAKE THE PHILOSOPHERS STONE (A brief un-detailed epistle)

Take some fucking Dew.

Take some even more fucking awesome and secret Rainwater.

Filter.

Put them together.

Take some just "oh-so special and magical and secet and im such a big shot" salt. Yep, just some everyday ol' fucking Sea Salt.

Solve et Coagula

Until you recieve a runny like consistency.

Take 100ml of filtered Rainwater collected on the full moon.

Take 100ml of filtered Dew water collected on the full moon.

Take 100 grams of runny salt.

Digest at 37.5 degs, first it will sweat, then the sweating will stop and it will go black over 40 days.

Increase temp to 40 degrees. Over the next forty days it will sublime into a whitness... and I think thats just about enough.

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN? WHAT IS THIS OH SO SECRET KICK ASS PHILOSOPHY?

Well, simply, spiritus mundi is coagulated in the moments that our waters, change from a gas, back into a vapour. The circulating within the flask is what is collecting the spiritual energy that you are seeking.

Fire becomes air, air becomes water, blah blah blah you know the drill.

our waters are called mercury because they have both the male and female part of the seeds.

Andro said that the waters are to be HOMO-genized, and not HETERO. So his and our view differ slightly here.

There are many many various to this 'recipe', people add electrods to increase spiritus mundi, they use magnetic shielding to prevent other forces from wrecking it. Remember, it is the squaring of the circle. The perfect balance of ALL forces, that will generate spiritua mundi, and then, once you have worked out how to balance a 'little' force, you can "crank up the heat" so to speak and have MORE force, but still in perfect balance.

I have not attempted these things but that's basically the jist of it, now can you guys stop pretending like your in some super-duper secret society, that you hold the keys to all knowledge and that your 'superior' philosophical knowledge somehow makes me, in-eligible to teach other people this art.

I have not seen ANY superior knowledge's or behaviours. Only different perspectives, all of which I have learnt from.

For instance, when I got here, I was a Mormon. Now, I can see that it has limited view, because "God" (IMO) is not just the bloke, on the throne, with the beard (which I still believe he is) he is also, as Dev has often hinted at, a non-form of permeating love that through the course of the universe expresses itself in an infinite fractal of life, love, angels, demons, planets, and places with no space and time.

Has there been much learning here? My thread 'One in purpose' was just about all the evidence that I needed to see that MOST people here, in pursuit of the stone, were doing so, for themselves, and not really with the intention to help others (probably why they don't have it yet.)

I've seen people saying "don't judge gay people, you horrible christian little fuck" (not in so many words)
    I've seen people saying "Don't act so high and mighty, you don't know as much as us, so you can't teach"
    I've seen people saying "Don't tell people that your advanced spagyrics is alchemy, what does Red Oil of Gold have to do with Alchemy?"

You can see, that from where im sitting, it is actually no more than a hilarious display of hypocracy, projection, and I feel a little sorry for the people that have found themselves in such stagnentated ways of looking at things.

For instance, do you think that I act like this in real life?

Do you think the ElixirMixer, is a real person? FUCK NO!

And all of this "you need this, you shouldnt do that, you this blah blah blah", just shows that people have wrongfully, (and foolishly) judged me.

How could you make judgements on someone you have never met? How could you assume, that this text, with the label ElixirMixer, is a true measure of my character, virtue, knowledge, or anything else.

I do enjoy these good talks boys. But I have to go, I have an Alchemy presentation to work on

And I would appreciate it, since its such good advice for me to "Find some real friends", if when I do make a post about, say, meeting someone, helping someones sick grandma, or trying to teach beginners, if you guys didn't flood my threads with negativity, and philosophical cretiques, which quite often, have very little to do with what I have posted.

I don't mind the intensive philosophical heckling, but there is a time and place, surely.

Feel free to start a "Why E.M. is wrong and a douche bag" thread of your own.
    Last edited by Awani; 02-20-2017 at 09:26 AM. Reason: add link
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    How could you make judgements on someone you have never met?
    Welcome to humanity.

I would not put too much value in the forums. It is not by coincidence that Hermes and Hermit are to words that are strongly linked.

I would suggest to not look at the forums as a foundation on which your work begins, rather more as a "customer service hotline" that can be used for detailed questions... but the overall arc of the "questions" is ultimately solved by yourself. Or use it - as I do - as a sort of public diary of what is buzzing in the mind... and sometimes when this is done someone else says something that puts me in a new line of thought. The greatest work is, in the end, done away from keyboard.

You could also use the forums as an esoteric dating service. I have met a lot of friends in this forum. But be conscious of yourself, and this is friendly advice: whomever you present yourself as in the forum is WHO you are to everyone else... even if away from keyboard you are someone else... to everyone else you are the person you show here. So if you want to network, and take some relationships further off-line, then you have to do what you would do if you would make a friend away from keyboard.

I can say this in a language that might resonate more with you...

When you stand before God are you full of confidence, bravado and pride? Or are you humble?

As Jesus said: "Those that live by the sword, die by the sword."

In other words, aim to meet others as you would meet your God, because they are all part of God anyway.

Last edited by Awani; 02-20-2017 at 09:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread