Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Plant Putrefaction w/o Radical Humidity?

Blog Entries

Question Alchemical Garlic

I am trying a different path of Spagyrics, this one, I believe, is called 'alchemy'

I have taken about 200grams of fresh organic garlic, roughly crushed it and sealed it in a 1 litre round bottom flask.

The goal here, is to raise up it's humidity, decend again, and then sneak in some I the moonlight and air once things settle down a bit.

Then, once putrefaction kicks in, I will be waiting patiently. I am new to these ancient methods, but the goal is to basically turn this entire mass of crushed garlic, into a fully conjoined tincture, using nothing but it's own juices.

I'm worried and excited. If anyone has attempted something like this, or if they know of authors who have written about this process, please shed some light for me, as I am basically running off intuition alone right now.

One Flask - One Fire - Heaps of Garlic
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    I am trying a different path of Spagyrics, this one, I believe, is called 'alchemy'

I have taken about 200grams of fresh organic garlic, roughly crushed it and sealed it in a 1 litre round bottom flask.

The goal here, is to raise up it's humidity, decend again, and then sneak in some I the moonlight and air once things settle down a bit.

Then, once putrefaction kicks in, I will be waiting patiently. I am new to these ancient methods, but the goal is to basically turn this entire mass of crushed garlic, into a fully conjoined tincture, using nothing but it's own juices.

I'm worried and excited. If anyone has attempted something like this, or if they know of authors who have written about this process, please shed some light for me, as I am basically running off intuition alone right now.

One Flask - One Fire - Heaps of Garlic
    That is a helter skelter knee-jerk approach not alchemy. I suggest you get a basic microbiology text and read it. Also if your goal is to turn the garlic into a quintessence using nothing but its own juices I suggest you read Hollandus vegetable operas and and see if you can understand how to proceed.

Blog Entries
    If anyone has attempted something like this, or if they know of authors who have written about this process, please shed some light for me, as I am basically running off intuition alone right now.
    I worked with some Melissa officinalis in a similar way and the only thing I got out of it was a nicely coloured and hairy fungus which wasn't good for anything but to look at.

I would recommend adding an appropriate amount of alcohol -- not so much to drown it out, but enough to sterilize the work. Not specifically how I would go about it, but it will be interesting to see what you do with it afterwards.
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 02-26-2017 at 07:44 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

"Alchemy" involves the use of a certain peculiar secret solvent, or "water", or "mercury", or whatever you want to call it, which preparation the alchemists have enshrouded in a thick veil of mystery, half-truths/half-lies and contradictions in order to make it particularly bothersome and difficult to discover how to make, and therefore discourage and frustrate the majority of seekers (whom the alchemists considered "unworthy" of knowing their trade; yes, the alchemists were not really a very "egalitarian" bunch but rather the opposite: elitists.) No secret solvent = NO alchemy. Period. No "ifs", "maybes" or "buts".

Blog Entries
    Elixitmixer has already made his position quite clear when it comes to reading recommendations from members of this forum (see quote below).

So the best advice (IMO, of course) is to 'follow his intuition' and maybe learn something of value, through trial & error.

Who knows, he might even arrive at some interesting understandings or outcomes...

the vast majority of members on this forum have failed, showing that their GREAT PHILOSOPHICAL UNDERSTANDING is just silly theories, that they copied from old dead guys, after they read their books.

[...]

and also, to observe nature, and not a whole bunch of dead philosophers.

So what is it exactly that I don't know that you guys do? How to bathe in decades of reading? I've done all the same reading (although maybe not so much) as the rest of you. I understand the same principals as the rest of you, while you have 'believed' that I am in error because of my loose definition of the word Alchemy.

For all of my STUDENTS: HOW TO MAKE THE PHILOSOPHERS STONE (A brief un-detailed epistle) [...]

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    "Alchemy" involves the use of a certain peculiar secret solvent, or "water", or "mercury", or whatever you want to call it, which preparation the alchemists have enshrouded in a thick veil of mystery, half-truths/half-lies and contradictions in order to make it particularly bothersome and difficult to discover how to make, and therefore discourage and frustrate the majority of seekers (whom the alchemists considered "unworthy" of knowing their trade; yes, the alchemists were not really a very "egalitarian" bunch but rather the opposite: elitists.) No secret solvent = NO alchemy. Period. No "ifs", "maybes" or "buts".
    I, as a lover of truth and the natural arts and for many years an assiduous investigator and researcher into hidden secrets, have been able to peruse many writings of the Philosophers indeed as many as I, poor fellow that I am, have been able to do and have pondered and assimilated their parables, and have sometimes also (for reasons of expense) practised and worked hard at Vulcanism and have searched through the materials relating to the subject and have (praise be to God!) finally succeeded, to the extent that the Arcanum of the Art and of the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil has been made known and manifest to me, which is something that is indeed visible to all men even if they are not aware of it, and which is also a key and a tool of all the secret things to help bring them into the light and make them manifest. And so I found that this Arcanum should and must be the very beginning of the Philosophical Work as well as of all other particulars, because it is only through this Arcanum and medium in the laboratory that the fiery spirit that engages in fellowship with minerals and metals brings forth from those things their hidden secrets, instils a new life into dead bodies, and unexpectedly reveals itself in a clear, transparent and apprehensible body has making itself manifest.
    -De Naturae Secretis Quibusdam Ad Vulcani, 1618

You could try the Dr. Emoto - Rice Experiment (interesting man, i visited a presentation of him several years ago). Many times repeated by youtubers, though most of them worked with a variation. They took cooked rice and placed a portion of it in 3 disinfected glass jars and sealed them. One was labeled with "i love you" and the like, the other one with "i hate you", and the third one was ignored. Every day they talked lovely to jar 1 and thought about love and the alike, the second one was ranted at and thought with negative, hateful thoughts at. The third one, as stated, was ignored for the whole duration of the experiment, let's say 30 days.

Most reported, that rice 1 remained white and clean, while the rice in jar 2 and 3 was covered in mold and black, rotten liquid. The idea behind it is, that water has a memory and can transport emotions. Is it alchemy or not? I cannot judge it. Would be nice if someone would be ready to repeat the experiment.

Blog Entries
    So I began this garlic experiment, but, unfortunatly, I'll have to start again. I did not seal the flask, and it was floating in a warm water bath, and at some stage, probably due to has build up, it popped open and the garlic juices went all trough the dirty water.

I'll try again, but the results I was getting looked very interested. After three days in flask (no air) it was turning a pink colour. There is promise behind this, and in fact, I'm extremely excited right now because this failed experiment has given me a HUGE lesson in philosophical understandings.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

I have a similar experiment I will be starting soon.
    It takes dirt as the start.
    Initially taking green plant. Composting it quickly until on its own it reaches 130-160F.
    Then letting it fall into the 70-100 range of decimposition to digest for a while, giving it time to decompose the tougher fibers.
    In this bacteria and fungi are killed off by the high heat before digestion, both being first done by natural means.

Anyway. This is my starting point. From here I have at least 5 or more variable directions to go in.

Most likely will use the six keys of eudoxus as practical reference and inspiration.

I suppose the hardest operation will be initial cultivation of thermophilic bacteria in my compost before any fungi or other organisms thrive.

Also. Dryness is that which preserves and stops putrification.
    Too much water drowns and putrification becomes anaerobic (without oxygen).

If you moisten without drowning, an your vessel is open, you will get aerobic putrification (with oxygen).

If your putrification is foul smelling, it is due to high nitrogen low carbon. If it is sweet smelling, you have reached the g spot of putrification.
    You can look up the C:N ratio in many substances.
    Sometimes yah gatta wing it.

I do apologize if my post seems rushed.
    Formerly known as Avaar186.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    I have a similar experiment I will be starting soon.
    It takes dirt as the start.
    Initially taking green plant. Composting it quickly until on its own it reaches 130-160F.
    I like this experiment.

Awhile ago my dad kept all his grass clippings in a huge pile, probably ended up sitting for a few years and reached a good 6 feet high.

I was there when he finally decided to dig it up and get rid of it. The top most layer was a dark green. From there, as we dug into the center of the pile, the colors changed from dark green to light green to a dried-grass yellow and at the very center was an incredible red.

Now I wish I would have saved all the red grass. Would have been interesting to work with
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

+ Reply to Thread