Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Psycho Path

Blog Entries

Are you a psychopath?

psychopathic (adj.)
    1847, from psychopathy on model of German psychopatisch, from Greek psykhe- "mind" (see psyche) + pathos "suffering" (see pathos).
    So the mind suffers... but why not MindPath (PsychoPath)?

TAKE QUIZ (12 questions)

I got 15 points... moderate to minor psychopathic tendencies.

Although one question I did answer a bit biased because I knew it would tip the scales over from no tendencies to moderate... after all some psychopatic qualities are really good to have such as: cunning, impulsive, criminal behaviour (of victimless crimes), promiscuous, charm, nomadic... and I didn't want to come up empty handed.

Funnily enough the number one job held by psychopaths is being a manager in the top of the pyramid of some corporation (which is my day job). LOL!

Now who should I rape and kill?

Last edited by Awani; 10-28-2015 at 05:04 AM.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Apparently I'm so good at concealing my psychopathic tendencies (even from myself), that this test couldn't detect any

(And I did answer as honestly as possible, no intentional biases AFAIK)

Hmm... Or maybe I'm a Psycho-Em-Path

Also, from the test site:

Common Myth: While many people believe that psychopathy is more prevalent among CEOs and Wall Street bankers, this is a myth not supported by any research. While on the surface it may seem that many of the symptoms and traits of psychopathy might lend themselves to positions of greater power, the two are not synonymous.
    Last edited by Andro; 10-28-2015 at 07:06 AM.

You scored a total of 5

18 & up
    Strong Psychopathic tendencies
    13 - 17
    Moderate to minor Psychopathic tendencies
    0 - 12
    No psychopathic tendencies

The 5 was mostly reached by some questions that I related to the good habit of squirting glue into the locks of butcher's stores... which is something that I don't really consider a "psychopath" habit, but quite the opposite... even if those "illegal activities" probably added some "extra" score in the test... otherwise I would have got less than 5.

Not truly surprised by these results.

I'm not sure if the philology of the word explains the true sense of its meaning in this specific case.

Blog Entries
    I scored 7, I'ma glad to know that i am not a psychopath.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

I scored a 4, a bit of a surprise.

Blog Entries
    4, 5... 7.

Come on people. To much hippie shit here.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    4, 5... 7.

Come on people. To much hippie shit here.

LOL.... When I was a teen I bought a TERRIBLE book: "The Psychopath's Bible" by Christopher Hyatt....
    I strongly suggest you to read it if you want to get bored to death and curse the world for being reading such a stupid book.
    (I've also read, when I was a teen, "The Satanic Bible" by Anton LaVey... can't decide which one was more painful and silly).

Other than that, Dev... you are a sweetheart, you can't play the rude boy with us, you won't convince us, not even with that 15.

Blog Entries
    I got both those books. I enjoyed the Satanic Bible, but the Hyatt book I have never managed to read. It's a bit shit.

As for LaVey I like The Satanic Witch the most. Kind of like some satanic feminism book teaching women manipulation and control of the male sex.

But my brief sojourn into Satanism was over a decade ago so maybe it wouldn't be as enjoyable today as it was back then. Although I am trying to get the Satanic Church on the podcast.

Blog Entries

Strange Answers to the Psychopath Test

Potentially interesting Ted Talk:

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    Potentially interesting Ted Talk:
    Fascinating talk that brings up some crucial points! Thanks for sharing.

+ Reply to Thread