Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Buddhism

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Want and Wish to me is a mental attachment without a doubt.
    I slightly object.

'Wish' is easily defined as a 'mental' action, but I think 'Want' necessarily implies a physical desire.

To further define the concepts, I would say we 'Wish' for something we don't have and can't get. This sort of attachment to Fantasy creates suffering. To 'Want' something, to me, implies that it could be easily obtained in the physical world. The only suffering involved in this sort of pursuit, that I see, are the obstacles presented in the physical world -- money, physical ability, and mental aptitude.

But, overall I agree 'Wishes' and 'Wants' are attachments.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    In the context of this thread, here is a short article I wrote, exactly one year ago: Very Important!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    'Wish' is easily defined as a 'mental' action, but I think 'Want' necessarily implies a physical desire.

To further define the concepts, I would say we 'Wish' for something we don't have and can't get. This sort of attachment to Fantasy creates suffering. To 'Want' something, to me, implies that it could be easily obtained in the physical world.
    To wish and want are very similar. To wish is more respectful and humble, you would be happy to get it but accepting the contrary. To want is a manifestation of a strong desire. Of course that is a matter of definition.

+ Reply to Thread