Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Special Men's Club (Group Therapy)

Blog Entries

Special Men's Club (Group Therapy)

I thought maybe some of you guys might want to vent, I sure know I do.

Sometimes communities gather in 'AA' type meeting halls and talk about their feelings and their problems.

I think that my goal here in this thread, is to provide a space (no...) allocate a space for men to come and freely express themselves, their day to day problems, to seek advice from others about certain situations, or to just f****** vent!

I would like try and keep this loosely themed and focused on GROWTH so rather than, say, "I hate the mail man, because he upsets my dog" I'm hoping people will be constructive and try to use this thread as a way of turning it around to yourself and make a change in your behaviour"I dislike visitors upsetting my dog, so I made the back-yard more suitable so that I wouldn't need to be upset"

There are a lot of introverts out there, on this forum perhaps, that struggle with sharing their feelings publicly, that's fine. Duck off and stay out of the thread, I'm not interested on people's theories on "whether or not this thread is valuable". It's valuable to me, at the very least.

If you would like to participate, please announce so, if you would not like to participate, please refrain from commenting on men's personal situations and feelings. Your either engaged in the special men's club as a way of self reflection and growth, or your not. Those who are NOT please behave as such by NOT participating.

I'll start
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been re-introduced to fatherhood fairly recently and it's honestly been really hard. This child is soooo talkative in my experience and just loves to scream for attention. T'would be fine, but the particular frequency of squeeling goes right into my pineal glad and makes me want to smash things.

The other major problem I'm having is the mad/sad/worried/stressed out feelings I get when my daughter is choking on some food she can't chew up or something else stupid (today was a bit of a pine cone) it's upsetting, it makes me
    Mad, and I look around for something to blame, and I quickly realise that there is not really anything to blame, it just happens, but this leaves me with depressing feelings, and makes me want to walk away and let my wife deal with it, which is a poor reaction, one I would like to change in myself, but I can't help feeling basically enraged with stress when I see my daughter choking on something, which, at least to me, seems like every f***** day.

Have we got many fathers in this forum?

I am enjoying the small moments I do have with my daughter when my brain doesn't feel like it's going to explode, and in fact it's not my daughters fault at all (don't think children really have 'faults') because my brain is so filled with stuff going on, that when the child is screaming it's just the straw breaking the camels back, or in this case, a 40,000hertz sound wave, obliterating any DMT crystals left on my pineal gland.

Sigh.....

So what can I do?

Stay away from loud baby..... Nope
    Move out.... Nope
    Wear earmuffs all day..... Tried that
    Try to teach baby how to be calm..... Maybe...
    Remove other stresses in my life that are causing brain strain...... Definitely a good start.
    Avoid over-using technology...... Tends to make me frustrated, and vulnerable to baby attacks. (This one has promise)

Yeah, so that was my little vent/reflection session. I'm just letting you know that I'm not in the friendliest of moods, so if you intend to be a **** that's fine, expect it 10 fold in return.

Goodnight all, look forward to Man-ageing our feelings together (MODS: where's the love heart emotio-con? You know we all need to express more love right!?)
    Last edited by elixirmixer; 03-01-2017 at 02:00 PM.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Just before I get some polictical correctness activist try to spray me with a huge feminine trip out, I've named this the special men's club because it seems
    The vast majority (if not all of the) active members are male, and more importantly, women already have many outlets for their emotions. In Australia we have an absolutely ridiculous amount of male suicide.

This is my way of giving back to the Blokes (Aussie word for guys)

In saying that, I don't mind if women join in.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Have we got many fathers in this forum?
    I created a rigid schedule. Meaning that there are certain days and between certain times when my daughter is 100 % my job. This has solved any issues of the sort you mention (for me). That means during those time slots (whatever they may be) I am already aware of "when" they are coming, and "how long" they are. Because I know this nothing bothers me. It is a very simple solution. If you can make such a deal with your wife then give it a try.

Naturally I see my daughter outside these time slots, but we already have a contract that outside those time slots it is not my responsibility if she screams or whatever. I can leave the room and there is no issue with the wife because she knows it is her time slot.

For the record I don't have such extreme reactions as you do, but I understand fully the situation. So anyway without repeating myself too much a schedule like the one I have mentioned solved similar issues for me 5 minutes after the schedule was "set in stone". Just make sure the wife is fully on board and you both come to an agreed consensus on how much time each person is responible for. For intance I have 33 % and my wife has the rest, but that is because I work during the day. If I did not work we would have 50 % each, naturally.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Yep, that's a pretty brilliant strategy Dev.

I'm going to give it a go!

A lot of my severe reactions are due to being too stretched out mentally. I think that these
    'Time slots' will be very effective because if it is officially designated, then there really isn't anything to think about except for her! Brilliant!

What can't you do Dev? Lol

Blog Entries
    A lot of my severe reactions are due to being too stretched out mentally...
    Exactly. A strict schedule removes this utterly. But only works if both mother and father 100 % agree to it and it is "set in stone"+ is fair in terms of lengths depending on circumstances.

What can't you do Dev?
    Vote.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Yep all done.

I've gt morning shift till 9:30 and then evening shift from 3:30 onwards.

If this stops my head from exploding, I owe you one.

(SEE! Men's club is the best mate!)

Blog Entries
    Cool. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    So I had to go to Adelaide to bear witness against the man that tried to kill me and extort my family. That was interesting, I got to learn how to court system works a bit more.

I got to see a whole bunch of people I love while I was in Adelaide which was good AND I had two famous Australian celebrities ask me to get them some cocaine and share it with them! I've never had cocaine before and I thought it woul be a great experience but I was late to our rondayvue so I missed out.

The dickhead trying to root my 15yr old sister-in-law seems to be going ahead with his character decimation lawsuit against me for calling him a pedofile on face book. That's pretty much the last thing I have to stress about.

I've been calming down a lot. Less want to save the whole world and more just focused on saving my little corner of it.

I've found some philosophical substances recently, this has given me a great sence of relief and hope, because soon I will have the Minor Opus, which I'm sure will do wonders in healing my body from the last few years of stress.

Good day to all of you.

Love ElixirMixer

Blog Entries
    Good to hear things are getting better, even though I didn't know you've been having things rough.

May the Force be with you!
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries

Talking It's a Boy!

My wife have birth to a handsome young lad.

We named him Sage.

And what a philosopher he will be!

Pro-creation. Yay.

+ Reply to Thread