Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Special Men's Club (Group Therapy)

Blog Entries

Logistical Post

If you want to publicly and periodically share the chronicles of your personal life, it would be in the better interest of maintaining forum and thread coherence that you start a blog.

Congratulations EM!!! That's awesome. Cool name. Get ready for a few sleepless nights. Oh wait... sleepless nights work perfectly with your alchemy schedule

Blog Entries
    Congrats.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Exciting news!

My brother is about to have a baby girl, but I'm sure being an Uncle doesn't come close to fatherhood

Cheers!
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    The first day of double trouble has been absolute hell.

It sucks having kids without a good support system/family around to help you out during the tough times.

Great for the growth factor though. In my current condition I'll probably drop dead, so now there is a real drive to organise, priorities, focus on the important things and settle down.

That's great news Mr. K, that your brother is experiencing all the same exillirating joys that I'm experiencing
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    "The Satiya tribe of Banjaras in Rajasthan mourns the birth of a child and celebrates when someone dies in the family.

The tribe believes that the life of Satiya is godís curse and a death is celebrated as the person is free of the curse after his/her death. Similarly, they say that it is due to godís curse that a child is born in the human cunt. This is the reason that they mourn the birth of a child.

It [birth] becomes an event of mourning and grief, with the new born receiving curses from everybody. The family of the baby does not even cook their daily meals at home on the birth day.

They celebrate when someone dies in the tribe. They wear new clothes, buy sweets and alcohol. The dead body is taken to a crematorium in a procession of dancing and twisting groups of nears and dears to the tune of drums. After the funeral pyre is lit, members of the tribe arrange a feast, consume locally brewed liquor and dance with vigor until the body is completely reduced to ashes."

SOURCE

Blog Entries
    I can completely relate with that. That should be the norm. Not sure about the child cursing but at least they are demonstrating that their culture has a good grip with the reality of the situation.

I have felt a bit of mourning for these two poor souls I've brought into this competitive environment.

It's a bit sad that my main priority as a father at the moment, after educating, is to reduce suffering. Can't wait for a world where suffering is undefined
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    I can completely relate with that. That should be the norm.
    It's also a rather Gnostic view. The more 'radical' Gnostics would probably not even consider bringing a child into this world.

Some ancient tribes had similar practices as well (I think some of the Dacians/Thracians tribes). That Gypsy tribe from Rajasthan is the only 'current' one I could locate.

My 'question' though, if people practice such traditions (or even if they can only mentally relate to them) - why do they keep making babies?

Blog Entries
    Ahhh Gnosticism, the place where suicidal tendencies are considered a virtue! There certainly was a big enfosis on the self-sacrificial death, the absolute COMPLETE abstinence from all things worldy, including, well, everything, food, water, the desire to stay alive, you know, all those things we don't really need...

The baby thing... My wife and I were actually dead against it, because of the environment we live in, and the huge pressure we are putting on Mother Earth to sustain us all, but then the Mormons got us ya see.... My wife got all clucky because it's her 'divine role' to birth life into this shithole.

I must admit, she is a brilliant mother, and I'm not just saying that, she is a machine.

Yes, my recommendation, no children. Sure if you've already overcome all vices, and received enlightenment/exaltation, and you've got some spare time left... But having children puts a lot of pressure to be engaged fully in the third dimensional realm. Not good of your trying to climb Jacobs ladder.

I am hoping for the omnipotent universe to have some kind of judgment day, where all the good who were abused, all the lovers, all the self-sacrificing, all get their dues.

Blog Entries
    Ahhh Gnosticism, the place where suicidal tendencies are considered a virtue!
    Not quite so.

Taking one's own life via common suicide is pretty useless, as one still ends up in the 'Recycle Bin' - not something a Gnostic would aspire to.

if you've already overcome all vices, and received enlightenment/exaltation, and you've got some spare time left...
    I honestly doubt one's priorities (in such a scenario) would be geared towards breeding.

I am hoping for the omnipotent universe to have some kind of judgment day.
    Every day is judgment day, until one stops judging. Same thing applies to all planes - physical plane, astral plane afterlife belief constructs, etc...

We make our choices and the Universe reflects back in kind. But regardless what those choices are, the Universe/Multiverse/Omniverse doesn't care - and the same 'rules' apply.

Quoth Hamlet:

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

+ Reply to Thread