Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: English translation: Theoretical and practical - Golden Chain of Homer by Naxagoras

English translation: Theoretical and practical - Golden Chain of Homer by Naxagoras

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there are others interested in getting an English translation of the book recommended by Green Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lion View Post
    Finally, it exists a very rare manuscript writes by Naxagoras which is a theoretical and practical analysis of the Golden Chain of Homer". There is a French handwritten version in the library of the University of Glasgow there.
    I don't know anyone that can translate this book so looking for your connections that do this type of work in a professional manner. Obviously I'm willing to pay but would prefer to crowd fund if possible.

TIA

Blog Entries
    I would be interested, though I'm quite a ways away from Glasgow.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    This is interesting for me too.

I might be interested as well.

This is not his Clavicule de la Philosophie Hermetique is it?
    Last edited by Illen A. Cluf; 03-15-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Is the work you are referring to the abridged version of Experientia Naxagorae secundum Annulos Platonicos et Catenam auream Homeri?

Entitled: La Toison d'Or. Contenant la vraye Concordances des Philosophes, avec les Opérations de l'Art Philosophical
    Last edited by Illen A. Cluf; 03-15-2017 at 02:33 PM.

IAC, based on a different thread in the forum (see below), it's the Experientia Naxagorae secundum Annulos Platonicos et Catenam auream Homeri. Image below:

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lion View Post

Here are some works of Naxagoras:
    - Alchymia Denvdata Revisa Et Avcta
    - Chymischer und alchymistischer particularzeiger
    - Experientia Naxagorae, secundum annulos platonicos et Catenam auream Homeri (It is this work which is a comment of the "Golden Chain of Homer")
    - Ausführliche Beschreibung der unweit Zwickau in Meissen zu Niederhohendorff und anderer umliegenden Orten gefundene boldischen Sande
    - Chymischer oder Alchymistischer Particular Zeiger
    - Sancta veritas hermetica, seu, Concordantia philosophorum consistens in sale et sole vel Mercurio et Sulphure
    - Aureum vellus oder güldenes Vließ
    - Abgetrungende und abgezwungene Urthels-Frage, welche er der gantzen ehrbaren Welt zu einer rechtlichen Erkändtnüs zu Rettung seiner Ehren darlegt und fürträgt
    Regrettably, I know no web site which allows to read them.
    Furthermore, there is almost no translation …
    It would be from the very big interest that somebody can all translate them.
    Maybe GL can chime in to confirm.

There are only 8 books listed. It would be amazing if we could all chip in to get one book translated every year.
    Last edited by Aham; 03-16-2017 at 02:31 AM. Reason: added GL's quote

Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    IAC, based on a different thread in the forum (see below), it's the Experientia Naxagorae secundum Annulos Platonicos et Catenam auream Homeri. Image below:

Maybe GL can chime in to confirm.

There are only 8 books listed. It would be amazing if we could all chip in to get one book translated every year.
    But this is the German edition. I thought you were talking about translating the abridged French version.

IAC, you're probably right. I think GL first referenced the French version and then referenced the original version. Personally, I can't tell the difference between French and German... They are all Greek to me

Here's an embarrassing fun fact - I originally thought that the German version was the Latin version until you mentioned that it was German... LOL.

Blog Entries
    You've just confused me, Aham
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

hahaha. Mission accomplished. At least we'll save you a trip to Glasgow

+ Reply to Thread