Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Neem Karoli Baba

Blog Entries

Neem Karoli Baba

Some quotes from legendary guru Neem Karoli Baba:

"If you desire a mango at the moment of death, you'll be born an insect. If you even desire the next breath, you will take birth again."

"This world is all attachment. Yet you get worried because you are attached."

"I don't want anything. I exist only to serve others."

"I have no powers. I don't know anything."

"It is not necessary to meet your guru on the physical plane. The guru is not external."

"When you loan money to a saint, don't expect to get it back."

"Keep God in your heart like you keep money in the bank."

"If you do not make it empty, how will you fill it up again?"

"It's better to see God in everything than to try to figure it out."
    Hare Krishna.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Such dime-a-dozen superficial platitudes are still going strong to this day, with many disenchanted/disillusioned Westerners...

"When you loan money to a saint, don't expect to get it back."

...not to mention a rather lucrative business model. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Supply & demand...

Now loan me some money, and I'll worship it like god in the bank temple... so don't expect to get it back...

Yeah, with ever diminishing purchasing power and negative interest rates. Godly QE. This part actually DOES make sense

"It is not necessary to meet your guru on the physical plane. The guru is not external."
    Apparently, those "non-physical" gurus require quite a lot of very physical ashrams... and fancy cars too, at least in the case of Osho, who complained about having only 93 Rolls-Royce's, instead of 365 (one for each day of the year).

The movie Love Guru is very "enlightening"... (watch it online HERE) and the movie Kumaré is a must see! (watch it HERE on YouTube)

Kumaré is an American 2011 documentary film directed by Vikram Gandhi. http://happyiteasy.blogspot.com/1865425 To record the documentary, American filmmaker Vikram Gandhi transformed himself into Sri Kumaré, an enlightened guru from a fictional village in India, by adopting a fake Indian accent and growing out his hair and beard. In the film, Kumaré travels to Arizona to spread his made-up philosophy and gain sincere followers.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 04-22-2017 at 07:27 AM.

"If you desire a mango at the moment of death, you'll be born an insect."
    What a fucking fool this guy was. This means that man's soul is not worth a dime.

"If you even desire the next breath, you will take birth again."
    Yeah, right. Many horrified of their experience on earth will never be born again and earth will be empty of humans by now. Moron.

No wonder, humans are fucked on everyside from cradle to grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings View Post
    What a fucking fool this guy was. This means that man's soul is not worth a dime.

Yeah, right. Many horrified of their experience on earth will never be born again and earth will be empty of humans by now. Moron.

No wonder, humans are fucked on everyside from cradle to grave.
    Not that I know Neem Karoli Baba from personal experience but sometimes context is important when quotes are used. I thought the following YouTube video was quite telling and moving (if true).

Blog Entries
    LOL. All gurus are not the same. Let those without sin cast the first stone.

Also Dwellings you miss the point and it seems you do not value insects.

Also most humans, if not all, desire life regardless.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings View Post

No wonder, humans are fucked on ever yside from cradle to grave.
    I don't think he (and others like him) should be taken too seriously. Once it is understood that this is a BUSINESS, it puts things in perspective.

People will always be shopping around for something to believe in, usually a message containing a mixture of seduction and intimidation/fear-mongering. You've seen one, you've seen (most) of them all.

Unfortunately, those "gurus" with their "teachings' give the ancient traditions and wisdom a bad name. The same thing that happened with Western mystery schools also happened with those "gurus" from the East.

Yes, there are some genuine teachers, but IMO they are relatively very few and even more difficult to locate. It's more likely they will find you

All this being said, it can still be a very lucrative business model. Maybe I should get into this industry myself

Blog Entries
    What you say is true from one perspective, however not all people and gurus are the same. And one does not need to believe or follow a guru to gain value from the guru. Wisdom is everywhere.

Embrace is more effective than rejection.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    I thought the following YouTube video was quite telling and moving (if true).
    Devotees, ashrams, guru "looks like Jesus", bowing before the guru, touching his feet, combined with triggering some mommy issues (one of the safest bets to apply to potential converts), etc...

Emotionally manipulating potential "recruits" as well as larger masses is a well mastered technique by prominent religious and political figures alike.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Embrace is more effective than rejection.
    Neither one nor the other. Cast out the superfluities and keep the innermost core, which no one can teach you anyway...

But yes, not all gurus/teachers are the same (I'm not! LOL ) - yet, it is a thriving business in so many cases, and the currency in not always money. The energy given by the "devotees" is a much stronger "currency" than money... Watch the video I posted earlier to see how easy it can actually be to "gurify" oneself.

Blog Entries
    I have seen those vids already. So I know about "fake" gurus.

I was mainly interested in this particular guru, not all the rest. And it seems to me he was special. Critical accusations can me made on anyone. I can make them of you. And you of me. For someone who has a spiritual relationship with another such accusations have little effect. Personal direct experience cannot be questioned. To the outsider you can call it brainwashing, but not for the "brainwashed". I know you are aware that many people deemed insane are in fact sane.

Feel free to dig up dirt on this particular guru, dirt from WHEN he was alive. And even if you do not find any, dirt can always be invented. That goes for anyone. For me I am more interested in the stories of the man and of what his teachings were. Words that makes sense for me. And even here you can twist those words and misrepresent them. In the end true wisdom does not need a defense. And I am not a follower of this guru... I am simply putting him out there because I found something of value reading about him.

Like I said before: let those without sin cast the first stone

The business remarks is invalid because you can class everything a business. Are you a fake healer/shaman because you charge money? Maybe you are manipulating your customers already? You see? Anyone can fall victim to that line of thinking. Only the people you helped truly know if what you did for them was real or fake.

Last edited by Awani; 04-22-2017 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Clarify

+ Reply to Thread