Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Krishna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Now I think I prefer Boy George. LOL. Michael Jackson just sounds like he is being jerked off by kids when he sings.
    Here's what he's actually saying in those few verses, for whoever bothers to read/listen:

"She prays to God, to Buddha, then she sings a Talmud song
    Confusions contradict the self, do we know right from wrong
    I just want you to recognize me in the Temple
    You can't hurt me, I found peace within myself."

And Michael is more of a musical & ecstatic shaman than all those new-age buffoons will ever be...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    And Michael is more of a musical & ecstatic shaman than all those new-age buffoons will ever be...
    More than the buffoons, sure... but not all "new-age" people are buffoons... besides that term is invalid. Nothing new about it.

Michael might have felt confusion. I personally don't. Everyone has different ways to go about things. The end result is the same regardless... if one prevails.

Perhaps to some folks Michael is an ecstatic shaman... I personally never saw anything special with him, other than the fact that he can keep a beat and dance better than most. I know you like Man in the Mirror, but he did not even write that. Jam he did write, perhaps that is why Man in the Mirror is better.

Hare Krishna.

Last edited by Awani; 04-25-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Like I said before Kali, Krishna, Shiva... it's all the same thing. And I have seen plenty of images of Krishna with sheep... as soon as you involve human beings with this stuff things become "right" or "wrong". It doesn't really matter. The Hare Krishna mantra could just as well be Blah Blah Blah, as long as Blah puts the mind in a Krishna mood.
    I was yanking your chain earlier but for some people the energy of the spirit is invoked when chanting the name of the deity/spirit so for example if I want to be calm, cool and collected, chances are I will try not chant Kali's name... but that could just be my personal preference

Why draw something that cannot be drawn? It shifts the focus away from the essence of the thing. A mosque is more spiritual to me in how it is decorated than a church with its plastic puppet on a cross and lots of images of old men in beards.
    I'm not sure if imagery helps or hurts. From what I've read, there are quite a few Christian mystics and saints that were able to achieve enlightenment status believing in Christ or the Virgin Mary with lots of images of old men around. It's just as possible that those images actually helped them but we can't know for sure. I think it may have more to do with whatever works for the person and their chosen path.

Smörgåsbord...
    'Connecting' to the divine is not about tasting/immersing oneself in all sots of apps, but quite the opposite. Delete/uninstall all the apps/programs, and what ever remains and cannot be deleted (because it was never created), IS the divine. 'Connecting' is also perhaps not the best word, because beneath all the programs/apps/layers of the onion-verse, we ARE the divine. So no need to "connect", just BE who we already ARE.
    Easier said than done for me... Is there an app for that?

Blog Entries
    Perhaps to some folks Michael is an ecstatic shaman... I personally never saw anything special with him, other than the fact that he can keep a beat and dance better than most. I know you like Man in the Mirror, but he did not even write that. Jam he did write, perhaps that is why Man in the Mirror is better.
    @Andro: Re-read this today and realised that it was an unnecessary joke. Perhaps irrelevant to you, but my true belief is that whatever a person loves, and is attracted to, is sacred ground in a sense (even if the other person does not feel that). But I do. So even though I was just having fun (old habit), I don't think it was necessary. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    I was yanking your chain earlier but for some people the energy of the spirit is invoked when chanting the name of the deity/spirit so for example if I want to be calm, cool and collected, chances are I will try not chant Kali's name... but that could just be my personal preference
    Sure, that is true. I feel the same. Although I am only interested in one particular feeling and state of mind... so whatever method I use (or religion, or path), it is always the same destination.

It's just as possible that those images actually helped them but we can't know for sure. I think it may have more to do with whatever works for the person and their chosen path.
    Perhaps, although to me it seems more fear-driven. Belive or else.

Easier said than done for me... Is there an app for that?
    It is one of those conundrums or paradoxes. It is extremly difficult. And very easy. At the same time.

To give a few examples: ten years ago I was a person that held a grudge... I would never let go or forgive anyone. To do so was almost impossible for me. It was very difficult. When I eventually crossed the threshold and began to let go and forgive it became very easy. Now it requires almost zero effort. What was difficult became easy simply by doing it.

Or it's like when my home is dirty and I feel lazy, and I can't be asked to clean... but if I make an effort and begin to clean, then suddenly it starts to go pretty fast and when I am finished it feels good and wasn't that hard.

The mind/brain work with habit. That means if you think/do a certain thing a lot the connection in the brain that controls this act becomes stronger. If there is something you never do the connection weakens. So with effort if one forces the brain to do/think about something that is unusual the connection increase in strength and it becomes easier. Certain psychedelics can speed up this process with one dose. That is why they are so efficient.

This is not some new-age woo-woo, but something that the scientific community has verified.

"She prays to God, to Buddha, then she sings a Talmud song
    Which is why, for me, it is not at all confusing to pray to God, to Buddha and sing a Talmud song... because they help my brain connect the parts of my brain that needs to be connected in order to find peace within the self, as the song goes.

Hare Krishna.

Last edited by Awani; 04-26-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    You know when you hum a song in your head without thinking about it? And then even when you notice, you keep doing it. After some time of this you focus on it and try and stop doing it. At least this happens to me a lot. Usually with songs I don't really like. Today this happened with the Hare Krishna mantra (which I do like).
    Listened to an interview with Krishna Das today and he said that the Chant/Mantra remembers you. Because the above thing has kept happening. I notice suddenly that I have been chanting whilst doing other things. It's like opening a portal. It's very interesting. I cannot belive I didn't start doing this sooner. But I kind of know why.

I have been extremly reserved with my emotions (except anger), because of being hurt so many times. I appear almost as a person with no emotions at all. I have a real poker face. This is because my emotional state was buried deep. So when I have worked with chants or sacred songs and such in the past I can only do it when the time is right... and when I am alone... because I become too emotional.

Now I've kinda crossed that threshold because working with these sacred plants for almost a decade now has really opened my heart, and the opening has had an expidential growth. If you are in a compassionate, forgiving, loving, letting go kind of state then what can hurt you? Not much. So there is nothing to protect yourself from.

Maybe that is why I have re-discovered chanting. I think so.

Hara Bham Hara Bham Bham Bham Bolo.

If I talk a lot about chants from India at the moment that is just because I am in that phase currently. You know, some week you listen to Metallica and other times Leonard Cohen. Just how it goes.

Blog Entries
    For the last week I have been busy hustling and making moves, so haven't listened a lot to these chants.

Last night I had a very vivid (not lucid) dream. I was on some island like Hawaii. I was gathering material in the forest. I had some sort of stereo with me, and I put on my favourite Hare Krishna chant. Then I left the stereo there in the forest and picked up some wood and began hauling it along a road towards a build site.

Suddenly I could hear the chant boom across the hills at a very loud volume. Other people there heard it too. A few began singing along and I kept working, dragging the wood/lumber. I enjoyed the labour and the music.

I do not recall ever really hearing music so clearly in a dream before, so the below quote seems to contain some truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Listened to an interview with Krishna Das today and he said that the Chant/Mantra remembers you.
    Today I have been listening to these chants all day at full volume.

Those that doubt magic can do so freely. I do not doubt it, I live it.

+ Reply to Thread