Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Krishna

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    8,233
    Blog Entries
    2
    I did a google search again and discovered that the gif is actually titled Krishna, and I found a bunch more Krishna titled images that might not all be Krishna (even if they philosophically are). So I guess it is like when you download music... sometimes the people who upload the Beatles re-title it Britney Spears.

    A few references discussing why Krishna is called "Krishna."

    The name Krishna means 'all-attractive.' God attracts everyone; that is the definition of 'God.' We have seen many pictures of Krishna, and we see that He attracts the cows, calves, birds, beasts, trees, plants, and even the water in Vrindavana. He is attractive to the cowherd boys, to the gopis, to Nanda Maharaja, to the Pandavas, and to all human society. Therefore if any particular name can be given to God, that name is 'Krishna'.

    'The word 'krish' is the attractive feature of the Lord's existence, and 'na' means spiritual pleasure. When the verb 'krish' is added to the affix 'na' it becomes Krishna, which indicates the Absolute Truth.'

    If we analyze the nirukti, or semantic derivation, of the word 'Krishna,' we find that na signifies that He stops the repetition of birth and death, and krish means sattartha, or 'existence.' (Krishna is the whole of existence.) Also, krish means 'attraction,' and na means ananda, or 'bliss.'

    Yes. God has no name, but by His qualities we give Him names. If a man is very beautiful, we call him 'beautiful.' If a man is very intelligent, we call him 'wise.' So the name is given according to the quality. Because God is all-attractive, the name Krishna can be applied only to Him. Krishna means 'all-attractive.' It includes everything. - source
    Last edited by Awani; 04-25-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,405
    Blog Entries
    1
    Smörgåsbord...

    Plenty of food choices to to fill the unfillable void... A buffet of religions... Enough variety to suit everyone's palate

    'Connecting' to the divine is not about tasting/immersing oneself in all sots of apps, but quite the opposite. Delete/uninstall all the apps/programs, and what ever remains and cannot be deleted (because it was never created), IS the divine. 'Connecting' is also perhaps not the best word, because beneath all the programs/apps/layers of the onion-verse, we ARE the divine. So no need to "connect", just BE who we already ARE.

    Also, I'll stop adding "disclaimers" such as IMO, etc to my posts... Everyone can assume what they want (opinion, experience, subjective, etc)... Ist mir piepschnurzegal


    -------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 04-25-2017 at 01:19 PM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    8,233
    Blog Entries
    2
    Yes that is what I am saying (and if I didn't say it clearly that is what I also think). But one cannot walk from Germany to China without first taking one step... and it would be good if this step is done towards the East. So all the apps are essential. And the more advanced one is the less apps are required.

    We also have to enjoy life. And some people enjoy to decorate their space with IKEA furniture, others with various divine entities. Whatever you invest interest in will enhance whatever state of mind you want to have. Or what I want to have that is. It's a smörgåsbord yes, but that is because the diet is everything. I am interested in the practical, and in results... not just ideas for the sake of ideas. That is why in Krishnas case it has become an ally to me in the last few days.

    In the film Kundun this dialogue happens:

    Indian border guard: Are you the Lord Buddha?
    Dalai Lama: I believe I am a reflection, like the moon on water. When you see me, and I try to be a good man, you see yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Also, I'll stop adding "disclaimers" such as IMO.
    That is IYO.

    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,405
    Blog Entries
    1
    'Hare Krishna' by Boy George (under the title 'Jesus Loves You' )


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,405
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    one cannot walk from Germany to China without first taking one step... and it would be good if this step is done towards the East. So all the apps are essential. And the more advanced one is the less apps are required.
    I have no desire to go to China or India or the East in general (or anywhere, for that matter) except for reasons of more silence and less game-induced friction.

    "Where you stand, there dig deep!
    Below you you lies the well!"

    - Nietztche

    I have worked shamanically with people from many walks of life, among them a few multi-millionaires.

    One of the favorite phrases of those self-made millionaires was: "Everything you need is already in your back yard".

    Just saying that one does not have to seek/travel far... The UN-Created Center is everywhere...And if one travels, in many cases it is to realize that what he was looking for was at his point of departure in the first place... But it seems to be an inevitable part of the journey, for most... So it's |<()()|_ either way...

    "the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."

    T.S. Eliot


    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    some people enjoy to decorate their space with IKEA furniture, others with various divine entities. Whatever you invest interest in will enhance whatever state of mind you want to have. Or what I want to have that is.
    A fully dark and silent room will provide more universal clarity than a furnished/decorated one. Temples/churches/etc are way to colorful and particular to allow for simply BEING. They focus one on BECOMING instead.




    Quote Originally Posted by -dev
    It's a smörgåsbord yes, but that is because the diet is everything.
    As and old saying goes (I'm paraphrasing, don't remember the exact quote and the exact foods):

    :If you want to be strong, eat xxx.
    If you want to be wise, eat yyy.
    If you want to attain perfection, eat nothing at all."


    -----------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 04-25-2017 at 02:10 PM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    8,233
    Blog Entries
    2
    Everything you say is fine and dandy... but I was trying to explain with allegories. Clearly those did not fit your outlook even if they tried to convey what you think. At least as far as I can tell.

    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    8,233
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    It's a smörgåsbord yes, but that is because the diet is everything.
    Noticed a typo. Supposed to say:

    ...because diet is everything.

    Removing the "the" changes everything. Sorry.

    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    8,233
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    'Hare Krishna' by Boy George (under the title 'Jesus Loves You'...
    LOL. Horrible.



    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,405
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    LOL. Horrible.
    I.Y.O.
    ____________________________

    Another bit of fast-food buffet... of sorts...

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    8,233
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Another bit of fast-food buffet... of sorts...
    Now I think I prefer Boy George. LOL. Michael Jackson just sounds like he is being jerked off by kids when he sings.

    Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts