Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Secret Fire Enclosed in Water...

Blog Entries
    The lamb?
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Hello Zoas,

My intention was to call the attention towards Von Bernus, because he complements the appointment of fulcanelli giving the common name of the terrestrial magnet.

In a part of his book von Bernus mentions that some texts give predominance to the winged dragoon, more that to the terrestrial one, like concealing the terrestrial magnet, yes, but I do not remember if he mentions the golden chain...
    He says:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bernus
    The alchemists knew perfectly well that there was nothing to obtain by only having the knowledge of the superior fire, it can't be used [alone] to prepare the arcana, nor to prepare the philosopher's stone. They mention their astral fire, their winged upper dragon, they explain it very pleasantly, but it's only to distract the attention of the reader from the lower dragonw that was always left in the dark [alternative translation: "that it was never even mentioned"]. This trick can easily be found in the Aurea Catena Homeri, which is actually an admirable work, because on the other hand, it contains no deliberate deception, but all the attention is focused there on the upper dragon, and nothing is said about the dragon from below, so that whoever works according to these indications will not obtain any satisfactory result and will not even notice that something essential has been omitted in the text
    I am terrible in Spanish-to-English translations... it is easier to write something with my own words than translating and trying to remain loyal to the text (and this one would be an indirect translation, since it's from Spanish to English)...

But I assume the translation is clear enough, his idea is that the Golden Chain gives 50% of the truth, but willingly plays with the reader by not telling him that there's a "counterpart" to the "upper dragon".

Yes, that book, Illen
    I look for in my archives. I guess I saw a English version of it.
    The only versions I'm aware of besides German, is a French and Spanish translation. I have not come across an English translation.

Blog Entries
    This helps us to understand these words of Pernety: The Adepts say that they draw their steel from the belly of Aries, and they also call this steel their lodestone
    That's right, that is the confection of the remora.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Yes, you are right. That´s what he says... No doubts about it.

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    He says:

I am terrible in Spanish-to-English translations... it is easier to write something with my own words than translating and trying to remain loyal to the text (and this one would be an indirect translation, since it's from Spanish to English)...

But I assume the translation is clear enough, his idea is that the Golden Chain gives 50% of the truth, but willingly plays with the reader by not telling him that there's a "counterpart" to the "upper dragon".

I can´t find that book in englih... Sorry Illen, I must have got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    The only versions I'm aware of besides German, is a French and Spanish translation. I have not come across an English translation.

Thanks for your answer, Salazius...
    Can you give us some details about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Salazius View Post
    That's right, that is the confection of the remora.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for your answer, Salazius...
    Can you give us some details about that?
    Well, "water" is a principle, not only H2O of course. And here Fulcanelli speaks clearly about "Our Water", the one that give birth to Aphrodite.

Of course fishes live in water and that's where they are found.

Aries is the Water. Ares is what can capture the Aphrodite/Remora/ purified Sulfur.
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

It makes me remember the appointment of fulcanelli, that the metallic sulphur is the universal spirit materialized in them, or something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Salazius View Post
    Well, "water" is a principle, not only H2O of course. And here Fulcanelli speaks clearly about "Our Water", the one that give birth to Aphrodite.

Of course fishes live in water and that's where they are found.

Aries is the Water. Ares is what can capture the Aphrodite/Remora/ purified Sulfur.

+ Reply to Thread