Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Secret Fire Enclosed in Water...

The Secret Fire Enclosed in Water...

Hi everyone...

I have found a reference to the Secret Fire in Fulcanelli, but he is another author who complement to us this informción:

Further, we shall soon find other figures referring either to the production or to the qualities of this secret fire enclosed in water, which constitutes the universal solvent. Now, the matter which is used to prepare it is the very object of the fourth motif: a man shows an image of the Ram and holds in his right hand an object, which unfortunately cannot be distinguished today. Is it a mineral, a fragment of an emblem, a utensil, or a piece of material?
    I do not know. Time and vandalism have had their way. At any rate, the Ram remains, and the man, the hieroglyph of the male metallic principle, personifies it. This helps us to understand these words of Pernety: The Adepts say that they draw their steel from the belly of Aries, and they also call this steel their lodestone

If we go to Alexander Von Bernus, he give to us the exact name of the matter we are looking for, and Fulcanelli mentions.

Regards...

Surprised that there have been no answers.
    I am in "flu mode" with my brain working at 0.1% of its speed.

I remember von Bernus going somehow strong against the Golden Chain of Homer and stating that it's a tricky text because it unveils 50% of the truth, the volatile part of the work, but never mentions the fixed part of the work.

Is that your idea?

Hi every body

i think this quote by one very rare and not know manuscript operative of Weidenfeld that go more deep of him book prodromus (i put in pst before ) on secret fire etc
    i think this quote can are very clear about fire secret of pontanus etc and where we can in miscrocosmic "essence liquid"identification and found it (but after found it made it is a little more complicate and more deep....but step by step ... we will arrive together to well analized and made it by to study deep the many him clear manuscrits ehere this secret fire etc and the relative instruction about it in this manuscri vey little know are all very very clear ) imho very mportant is in this test the final quote as always i say of cristoforo parigino work (book an manuscript of the disciple of lullo the cristoforo parigino summetta violetta lucidarius etc.. are very very caritable and generous)

my best regard

quote:

Book of Hermes
    of 7 chapters, on page 604, vol.4 of Th. Chem.:
    Understand, he says, and accept the Gift of God,
    and keep it secret from all follish
    633.jpg from Theatrum Chemicum Electroni
    It is hidden in the caverns of metals, which is
    venerable stone, of splendid colour, the high
    mountain and the open sea. Behold! I explained
    to you. You should give thanks to God, who
    taught you this thought. For he loves those who
    are thankful.
    John Dastin in his Book, called
    Donum Dei”,
    reads this thought of Hermes thus; Our Stone is
    hidden in the caverns of metals. Which
    disposition is single. And among us and with us it
    is needed. Which remedy, taking and permanent
    you can have with yourself in earth or in sea. Truly
    it is procreated in earth and is compared to earth,
    which earth is mineral. The color of which
    venerable Stone is splendid. A high Mountain and
    an open Sea.
    By the high mountain Hermes had understood the
    masculine nature of our Hermaphroditic Subject,
    as just we have shown in the writing about the
    masculine nature, moreover by the sea should be
    understood the feminine nature. From this we
    deduce that only a single philosophical matter is
    allowed. As a result it is necessary that the origin
    of the open sea should be drawn from this high
    mountain of the philosophers. Of which, in order
    to become us more certain, it is necessary to
    consult microcosmical philosophers, and chiefly among
    these the most learned Master Christopher of
    Paris, since he described our mountain as clearly
    as possible without any figure or metaphor, that
    likewise perhaps with his same mercy and
    kindness he will lead us together to the open
    philosophical sea, in which salty waters
    doubtlessly we will find hidden that humid fire of
    Pontanus or that feminine nature of our Chemical
    Hermaphrodite.
    Last edited by alfr; 05-17-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Hello Zoas,

My intention was to call the attention towards Von Bernus, because he complements the appointment of fulcanelli giving the common name of the terrestrial magnet.

In a part of his book von Bernus mentions that some texts give predominance to the winged dragoon, more that to the terrestrial one, like concealing the terrestrial magnet, yes, but I do not remember if he mentions the golden chain...

alfr... Does text refer to the marine salt?

Quote Originally Posted by alfr View Post
    Hi every body

i think this quote by one very rare and not know manuscript operative of Weidenfeld that go more deep of him book prodromus (i put in pst before ) on secret fire etc
    i think this quote can are very clear about fire secret of pontanus etc and where we can in miscrocosmic "essence liquid"identification and found it (but after found it made it is a little more complicate and more deep....but step by step we arrived to this ) imho very mportant is in this test the final quote as always i say of cristoforo parigino work (book an manuscript of the disciple of lullo the cristoforo parigino summetta violetta lucidarius etc.. are very very caritable and generous)

my best regard

quote:

Book of Hermes
    of 7 chapters, on page 604, vol.4 of Th. Chem.:
    Understand, he says, and accept the Gift of God,
    and keep it secret from all follish
    633.jpg from Theatrum Chemicum Electroni
    It is hidden in the caverns of metals, which is
    venerable stone, of splendid colour, the high
    mountain and the open sea. Behold! I explained
    to you. You should give thanks to God, who
    taught you this thought. For he loves those who
    are thankful.
    John Dastin in his Book, called
    Donum Dei”,
    reads this thought of Hermes thus; Our Stone is
    hidden in the caverns of metals. Which
    disposition is single. And among us and with us it
    is needed. Which remedy, taking and permanent
    you can have with yourself in earth or in sea. Truly
    it is procreated in earth and is compared to earth,
    which earth is mineral. The color of which
    venerable Stone is splendid. A high Mountain and
    an open Sea.
    By the high mountain Hermes had understood the
    masculine nature of our Hermaphroditic Subject,
    as just we have shown in the writing about the
    masculine nature, moreover by the sea should be
    understood the feminine nature. From this we
    deduce that only a single philosophical matter is
    allowed. As a result it is necessary that the origin
    of the open sea should be drawn from this high
    mountain of the philosophers. Of which, in order
    to become us more certain, it is necessary to
    consult microcosmical philosophers, and chiefly among
    these the most learned Master Christopher of
    Paris, since he described our mountain as clearly
    as possible without any figure or metaphor, that
    likewise perhaps with his same mercy and
    kindness he will lead us together to the open
    philosophical sea, in which salty waters
    doubtlessly we will find hidden that humid fire of
    Pontanus or that feminine nature of our Chemical
    Hermaphrodite.

hi pierre
    in manuscrit of Weidenfeld is very clear that is not only it (about read well prodromus that i have post all is clear in it ) this is substance liquid is the key of the sal armoniac it but imho is a simbol for understand one matter liquid microcosmic sulphurea that have inside the fire secret that lullo cristoforo parigino (parigino ..say very clear it and as to do it in manuscript summetta violetta lucidarius etc (mss parigino etc are also in internet is enough Read and study in it all explication is form very clear....and about it see well also the book experimenta of lullo ..)
    and many alachimist use it for made menstrum philosophical and spiritus vini philosophici by it and by this philosophical dissolution of some metal can so have the gun reen adrops the true solar magnet and the withe sal almiac for made all color of the stone phil fases

my best regard alfr
    Last edited by alfr; 05-17-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Hi everyone...

I have found a reference to the Secret Fire in Fulcanelli, but he is another author who complement to us this informción:

Further, we shall soon find other figures referring either to the production or to the qualities of this secret fire enclosed in water, which constitutes the universal solvent. Now, the matter which is used to prepare it is the very object of the fourth motif: a man shows an image of the Ram and holds in his right hand an object, which unfortunately cannot be distinguished today. Is it a mineral, a fragment of an emblem, a utensil, or a piece of material?
    I do not know. Time and vandalism have had their way. At any rate, the Ram remains, and the man, the hieroglyph of the male metallic principle, personifies it. This helps us to understand these words of Pernety: The Adepts say that they draw their steel from the belly of Aries, and they also call this steel their lodestone

If we go to Alexander Von Bernus, he give to us the exact name of the matter we are looking for, and Fulcanelli mentions.

Regards...
    Which book by Von Bernus are you referring to, Pierre? Alquimia y Medicina? Is there an English translation of this book available?

Yes, that book, Illen
    I look for in my archives. I guess I saw a English version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    Which book by Von Bernus are you referring to, Pierre? Alquimia y Medicina? Is there an English translation of this book available?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Now, the matter which is used to prepare it is the very object of the fourth motif: a man shows an image of the Ram and holds in his right hand an object, which unfortunately cannot be distinguished today. Is it a mineral, a fragment of an emblem, a utensil, or a piece of material?
    I think a betterrible question is: "how is it useful, and how is it used, in relation to the Man and the Ram?"

Edit: better**
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 05-17-2017 at 07:22 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

I suspect that here, the mysterious object is mentioned so specifically because of not making the importance of the lamb, evident.
    It remains like that, the attention derived to another place: the mysterious object.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    I think a betterrible question is: "how is it useful, and how is it used, in relation to the Man and the Ram?"

+ Reply to Thread