Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Life - The key to Alchemy

Life - The key to Alchemy

Hello all,

I have long had a hunch that at the crux it is life that is behind the majesty of alchemy and in particular I have suspected some microbiology going on. The ancients knew nothing of microbes and many magical things have now been able to be described by microbes. Though I'm not thinking microbes exactly. Doing some research into fermentations as part of my interest in composting I came across a great face of science who is foreign to most of us today, his name is Antoine Bechamp. I have noticed that there is tiny mentions of Bechamp's ideas on here but nothing really talking about their possible relation to alchemy so I thought I'd start a topic.

Modern science is familiar with the theories of Pasteur commonly known as germ theory where tiny micro-organisms fly around in the air and if they land on you and colonize you you get sick. This idea was actually butchered from the works of Bechamp who states that the body gets sick because internal conditions allow for microorganisms to attack it from within. To Bechamp these microorganisms are differentiations of what he calls 'microzymates'. I suspect that microzymates could be a magnet for SM or perhaps even SM itself. These microzymates differentiate into different forms to ferment various medium depending on a range of factors and then transform back into microzymates when complete.

Bechamp found these microzymas in blood, a well known starting material in the animal kingdom, plants - the obvious starting material in the plant kingdom and in various stones but most significantly limestone/chalk which Paracelsus had many good things to speak of. It seems possible to me that using/growing microzymas to prepare our philosophical matters, particularly in the fermentation/putrefaction stage, may be a key that will unlock the door to the inner wisdom of mother nature.

My apologies if this seems scrambled, I have been frantically reading about this for a few days whilst studying for finals. I want to leave you with some interesting sources to read from.

The Blood and its Third Anatomical Element
    http://www.rexresearch.com/bechampmi...html#CHAPTER_8

BÉCHAMP OR PASTEUR? - A LOST CHAPTER IN THE HISTORY OF BIOLOGY
    http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/histor...or-Pasteur.pdf

What do others think? Surely more on this forum know of this work?

Qiao for now!

Blog Entries
    Hello all back

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophical View Post
    These microzymates differentiate into different forms to ferment various medium depending on a range of factors and then transform back into microzymates when complete.
    This is very interesting to think about. An organism which, apparently, is able to move into and unite with a substance, change it, then leave.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

+ Reply to Thread